The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

Looks good. I would have been working on ours, but it is at the shop for awhile. Was online looking for a new kitchen faucet, and a couple other items for the trailer. Camping season will be here soon, and October before we know it.

Looks good. I would have been working on ours, but it is at the shop for awhile. Was online looking for a new kitchen faucet, and a couple other items for the trailer. Camping season will be here soon, and October before we know it.

I have to take mine to Aberdeen, MS where I bought it. I cannot deal with the Jayco dealer here in Meridian. Aberdeen is about 2 hours north of me. My oldest DD has color guard competition in Tupelo, MS later this month, and you literally have to drive right by the dealer to get to Tupelo, so I'll drop it off on my way up there. It's got several warranty items to address, one of them is the clear coat and pain is coming off the front nose piece and it has to be repainted.

I have to take mine to Aberdeen, MS where I bought it. I cannot deal with the Jayco dealer here in Meridian. Aberdeen is about 2 hours north of me. My oldest DD has color guard competition in Tupelo, MS later this month, and you literally have to drive right by the dealer to get to Tupelo, so I'll drop it off on my way up there. It's got several warranty items to address, one of them is the clear coat and pain is coming off the front nose piece and it has to be repainted.

Yep, get those warranty items taken care of. We have a few things to get ready once we get ours back. But that is ok, most campgrounds don't open for at least a month up here.

Well, with all this coronavirus panic going on, I decided to CONTINUE avoiding people. I will use this latest excuse to get out of shopping with DW.

I took advantage of the lakes on the property and spent most of the morning "wrangling up supper".
20200314_135435.jpg

20200314_142214.jpg

20200314_142044.jpg

20200314_142037.jpg

Currently still working on this one. With all the rain I let it fill up, will at least keep grass from growing in it until I finish it.
20200314_142340.jpg

I've had some celebrities over the years fish here.

The late great Dixie loved to tag along.
IMAG0230.jpg

As well as @SouthAlabama5er
IMAG0922.jpg

Starting to get back test results on patients I took care of few days ago. Most negative, but a few positives for Covid19.

With this in mind I'm trying to distance from DW and DDs as I need someone to be able to care for our parents. Since I have no idea what I might potentially be exposed to I've decided to move to backyard camping.

My camper was at dealer for service but I called yesterday and they expedited the work and I brought it home today. Setup. Water, A/C.

20200327_132407.jpg
Will try to spend majority of time at a distance at least for a while

Jim that stay safe goes for you as well
Thanks Mike.

I feel pretty fortunate. I haven't worked at the bedside in a long time and DW and I can both do our job remotely without any issues.

I have 3 of my 20 staff that I have to have in-house everyday. They have limited patient contact, but I still feel bad having them go in. Our calls today said they think our area is maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through this, so the worst is yet to come. We still have beds and needed resources... for now.

j

So 3 years ago I purchased a two burner camping grill so I could grill at campsite using the gas supply from the camper. The next year is when Blackstone came out with their 17" gas griddle which I really liked, but since I had just spent the $100 on the grill I didnt buy one. Grill is nice, but like all gas grills, hard to clean and flame ups are constant worry.

20200421_123710.jpg

Looking around on Amazon I came across this 13x18" stainless griddle top.
20200421_123233.jpg

20200421_123240.jpg

20200421_123250.jpg

Placed it on the grill and man! I could not of asked for better fit!
20200421_123727.jpg

Lid closes tight and everything.

20200421_123733.jpg

Another good thing is it fits the standard campsite charcoal grills perfectly as well.

With grill being two burner I can indirect cook too.

Its stainless. The instructions say no need to pretreat before cooking. Any thoughts from you guys with it being stainless? I know blackstone has to be pretreated but not sure if they were stainless.

So 3 years ago I purchased a two burner camping grill so I could grill at campsite using the gas supply from the camper. The next year is when Blackstone came out with their 17" gas griddle which I really liked, but since I had just spent the $100 on the grill I didnt buy one. Grill is nice, but like all gas grills, hard to clean and flame ups are constant worry.

View attachment 489757

Looking around on Amazon I came across this 13x18" stainless griddle top.
View attachment 489753

View attachment 489754

View attachment 489755

Placed it on the grill and man! I could not of asked for better fit!
View attachment 489756

Lid closes tight and everything.

View attachment 489758

Another good thing is it fits the standard campsite charcoal grills perfectly as well.

With grill being two burner I can indirect cook too.

Its stainless. The instructions say no need to pretreat before cooking. Any thoughts from you guys with it being stainless? I know blackstone has to be pretreated but not sure if they were stainless.

Blackstone is steel and not stainess.

Back in January I posted on RIP thread that our beloved housecat Jesse had passed away. Since then we have been looking, but not strongly.

2 weeks ago we rescued a baby squirrel then turned it over to animal rehab.

This morning I got a call from a guy who runs a landscaping business. He came into office this morning and found a very skinny and poorly taken care of kitten on his doorstep. Had bad storm roll through this morning and apparently it took refuge in the plants near door.

Too weak to walk far at all. He knew we were looking...
Resized_20200429_131644.jpeg

It is skin and bones. I still have can of formula left over from squirrel and this poor thing drank it up. He is so skinny I'm limiting his intake so he doesn't actually cause more harm.

Did give it a bath due to fleas. So weak it could barely fight and had to hold its head up for it.

Its settled in pet kennel on pet warming blanket.
20200429_134558.jpg

Yet another "adventure". I'll take it to my vet on Friday to have it looked over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!