The August 2018 "Vacation Vote" Exercise Thread

95 more minutes so far since last check in - hope to have more today

1290/1500

I'd like to see/do:

I really wanted to add Voices of Liberty, too, but I suppose I can settle for a youtube video of them.

I've heard the rumor about Illuminations, too, and I'm hoping DD and I will be able to see it one more time while we're there in Dec. We have the Frozen party booked and are keeping our fingers crossed for Illuminations with the holiday tag.

WHAT??? I had no idea they were replacing Illuminations. My daughter is going to be horrified.

I'm off to read that link and think about if there is any way she and I can do a quick weekend trip before our vacation in January.

That's crazy, right??

But we're still sad about Spectromagic.

I've been LAZY LAZY this weekend
but keeping the cals low and staying fairly active.

who's enjoying this full moon energy? unfortunate it marks the beginning of shorter days but i've always been nocturnal anyway lol

hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

who's enjoying this full moon energy? unfortunate it marks the beginning of shorter days but i've always been nocturnal anyway lol

Lazy is needed sometimes. Enjoy it!

I love full moons. We've been out past dark at the barn the past two nights, and the moon has been gorgeous! Red and huge. Funny thing is, the usually calm horses (ours included) are acting a bit spazzy lately and the normally crazy horses are super calm. One lady rode her horse in the arena forever last night because her horse is usually insane - bucking and refusing to do anything it's asked - but last night, this horse behaved like an angel. The rider wanted to soak it all up and not let it end! Maybe the full moon has something to do with it. Hopefully for DD and I things go back to normal soon. LOL!

I was a slug as far as actual exercise goes today...but yeah, I have been getting a bunch of little things done around the house lately! Things that previously seemed daunting, just all of a sudden didn't.

Wow! Lots of good totals being posted!! You’re all doing so well!!!
I’m still not able to do much more than 10 minutes at a time but I’m happy to post in another 60 minutes total for this past week. . I’ll have more by the end of this extremely busy week. We’re going to Hershey Park for my granddaughter’s birthday - going to be a melting 95 degrees- ugh!!! Then my daughter is moving on Friday so lots of helping steps then.

Jumping in on our day at Epcot -

Illuminations
Soarin’
Test Track
Turtle Talk with Crush

If we’re dining, how about Rose and Crown in time to watch Illuminations?
Or a splurge at Monsieur Paul? The view from the window tables is fabulous- with a glass of bubbly, of course!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Yesterday was my birthday, so my weekend was great. :cake: My whole family (mom, dad, brother, husband) joined me in celebrating on Saturday by coming to Kings Island with me. My parents neither one had been in over 10 years. My mom didn't want to ride anything so she saw a show and walked around with us. I'm adding 60 minutes for that, since it was awfully crowded most of the time we spent there was just standing around in line.

We have more to celebrate as a team! BonnieF has been hanging in there and has reached Open to Close Orange! piglet1979 has now reached Parade Purple! PollyannaMom and liquid17 have both reached Dessert Party Pink! and finally Twilight Sparkle has reached Going Again Green!

So for our day at Epcot, we have all decided to do the following attractions:
Figment
Living with the Land
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The American Adventure
Turtle Talk
and of course we will end the evening with Illuminations!

I think we'll throw in a stop at the Character Spot as well, per Pollyanna Mom's suggestion so we can get our group photo taken with Mickey and Minnie and Goofy! I wish it could be real!

Let's decided what we want to do for lunch and dinner now! Shall we splurge for a signature dining experience? OR maybe do we want to dine our way around the world and have a snack and/or drink from each country? Everyone leave your suggestions and we'll pick the best one to do!

:thanks:I want to say thank you to everyone in advance for participating so enthusiastically and making hosting so fun this month! It's been a lot of fun to talk Disney this month!:thanks:

And with that in mind, as August comes to a close, please consider hosting for September!

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!

That sounds like a great day in Epcot! There are so many good dining choices there. My all time favorite is Tutto Gusto - I just love the real feel of Italy.
A splurge- with a view of Illuminations - Monsieur Paul. Of course, I’d be happy anywhere- it’s my favorite park.

I am back to getting up at 5:30 to walk. I wanted to take another walk last night but is was just too hot and muggy. We are in the 90's with almost 100% humidity. The heat index was at 102 yesterday. It will much the same if not worse today and then hopefully better on Wednesday before climbing again. Walking at 5:30 makes it more bearable.

Adding 76 minutes yesterday

491/620

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!