The bald and the beautiful take on the World! Now a 2018 PTR!

Even thought I gripe about the Eiffel Tower, it is worth it to see the city. We waited too long to buy tickets so we couldn't buy them in advance which added to our wait. However, it was magical to see the city lit up on our honeymoon. We actually got back to the bottom right before it did its final sparkle of the night, so that was cool. I am sure you will enjoy it!

London is why more laid back than Paris. Definitely less crowds which is nice. We also thought food was more reasonably priced, even with the exchange rate. All the museums are free, so definitely pop in and out of a few. I never found bad just going for an hour as you don't paid to get in unlike Paris. We did the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, and Musee Marmottan Monet in Paris. In London, I recommend the National Gallery, British Museum, Tate Britain, Imperial War Museum, and probably the national history museum. The other thing is they are a great place to use the restroom as those can be hard to find if not in a restaurant or cafe. Sometimes we would pop in just for that.

The most crowded places will definitely be St Paul's and Westminster Abbey. We did not buy our tickets in advance and it was fine. They was maybe a 10 minute wait. Definitely climb the dome at St Paul's and get the audio guide at the Abbey - otherwise you will have no idea what you are looking at. I prefer Fortnum and Mason over Harrods - but definitely check out one of those stores.

Final recommendations -Do not go to sleep when you land. You will be tempted to, but don't. Walk around, drink coffee, whatever needs to be done. Then go to bed at like 8:00 PM. You will then be on local time by the next morning. If you like wine, check out Gordon's Wine bar near Charing Cross. The oldest pub (And my husband favorite) is the Old Cheshire Cheese also on the Strand. They have great beer. Also if you do not go up in the Shard, but want great views of London go to Duck and Waffle for breakfast on Liverpool street. The views are almost as amazing and the food is very good. Plus we found it reasonable priced. I did my masters in London so could go on all day about the city. If you have any questions, definitely let me know.

We flew Virgin last summer. They were great, but very pricey. We are flying British Airways to Dublin this year. We fly out of Boston and Norwegian has weird flight times here so they don't tend to work with our schedules unfortunately.

Last edited:
26 days to go!!

I’m also excited because prices for 2019 come out in 13 days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 9th

Disneyland Paris/Disney Studios

* Opens at 10:00 am ~ I love this! I can sleep in and still make it to rope drop!

We bought a 3 day, 2 park ticket.

Our plan for DLP, is to have no plan! I’m constantly on the go non-stop whenever we visit DLR or WDW and everything must be planned down to the minute. I want this to be a more relaxed vacation and just enjoy the atmosphere and little details that make DLP different from all the other parks I’ve been to. I’m not even making any dining reservations. I have a (Wish-list) but I’m prepared not to accomplish it all.

Wish-list

~ Explore Mainstreet and the arcades

upload_2018-6-6_16-26-14.png

upload_2018-6-6_16-26-48.png
~ Explore the Castle and dragon

upload_2018-6-6_16-27-47.png

~ Star Tours

~ Hyperspace mountain

upload_2018-6-6_16-25-7.png

~ Buzz lightyear

~ Explore the Nautilus

~ It’s a small world

~ Storybook canal ride

~ Pirates of the Caribbean

~ Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

upload_2018-6-6_16-33-35.png

~ Peter Pan

~ Indiana Jones roller Coaster

upload_2018-6-6_16-34-17.png

~ Snow White

~ Pinocchio

~ Railroad

upload_2018-6-6_16-32-45.png

~ Illuminations

~ Explore Adventure Isle

~ Alice’s Curious Labyrinth

upload_2018-6-6_16-28-34.png

Disney Studios

~ Crushes Coaster

upload_2018-6-6_16-24-9.png

~ Ratatouille

upload_2018-6-6_16-29-5.png
~ Explore Toy Story Land ~ It will be nice to compare when I get to visit the one in WDW a week later!

giphy.gif

~ ToT

~ RnR

~ Stitch Live (This is like Turtle talk with Crush)

~ Motors …action…stunt show

~ Studio Tram tour

~ RC racer

July 10th

Again, NO plans. Just go with the flow and mark-off things from my Wish list!

July 11th

Drop luggage off at front desk/Have breakfast

Head to Park opening at 10:00 am
Work on that wish-list a little more

3:30pm: Say Goodbye to DLP :(

Go back to Hotel to pick up luggage and take a bus to the Train Station in front of Disneyland Paris.

6:02 PM Departure for London on the Eurostar.
((Can't wait to go thru the CHUNNEL))

2hours and 45 mins ~ I will be in LONDON !!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Even thought I gripe about the Eiffel Tower, it is worth it to see the city. We waited too long to buy tickets so we couldn't buy them in advance which added to our wait. However, it was magical to see the city lit up on our honeymoon. We actually got back to the bottom right before it did its final sparkle of the night, so that was cool. I am sure you will enjoy it!

London is why more laid back than Paris. Definitely less crowds which is nice. We also thought food was more reasonably priced, even with the exchange rate. All the museums are free, so definitely pop in and out of a few. I never found bad just going for an hour as you don't paid to get in unlike Paris. We did the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, and Musee Marmottan Monet in Paris. In London, I recommend the National Gallery, British Museum, Tate Britain, Imperial War Museum, and probably the national history museum. The other thing is they are a great place to use the restroom as those can be hard to find if not in a restaurant or cafe. Sometimes we would pop in just for that.

The most crowded places will definitely be St Paul's and Westminster Abbey. We did not buy our tickets in advance and it was fine. They was maybe a 10 minute wait. Definitely climb the dome at St Paul's and get the audio guide at the Abbey - otherwise you will have no idea what you are looking at. I prefer Fortnum and Mason over Harrods - but definitely check out one of those stores.

Final recommendations -Do not go to sleep when you land. You will be tempted to, but don't. Walk around, drink coffee, whatever needs to be done. Then go to bed at like 8:00 PM. You will then be on local time by the next morning. If you like wine, check out Gordon's Wine bar near Charing Cross. The oldest pub (And my husband favorite) is the Old Cheshire Cheese also on the Strand. They have great beer. Also if you do not go up in the Shard, but want great views of London go to Duck and Waffle for breakfast on Liverpool street. The views are almost as amazing and the food is very good. Plus we found it reasonable priced. I did my masters in London so could go on all day about the city. If you have any questions, definitely let me know.

We flew Virgin last summer. They were great, but very pricey. We are flying British Airways to Dublin this year. We fly out of Boston and Norwegian has weird flight times here so they don't tend to work with our schedules unfortunately.
Thanks! Our list includes: British Museum, Tate Modern, National history, St Pauls, Westminster Abbey, Harrods and many more.

Don't take a nap? Oh my goodness, I hope I can accomplish this. I will try to get to bed at a decent time though. Now that I don't have to go to the Eiffel tower on arrival day we can get to bed earlier.

I'm up in the air about the Shard so I will put Duck and Waffle on my list... as well as the Old Cheshire Cheese!

OMG.... I'm so excited!!!

I think that sounds like a good approach to Disneyland Paris. i hope to be of the same mindset when I go to Tokyo Disney. If you try to do too much or are rushing around you may not enjoy it as much or really get to enjoy the novelty of being in one of the overseas parks. I am looking forward to your report!

We stayed at a hotel close to Elysees when we were there a couple of years ago, we took the train between Disney and the hotel a couple of times, it was super easy - even with luggage. We also enjoy doing a lap around the Disney resorts on foot - they are well placed to walk a big circle and they all have fun themes. So exciting! :)

I think that sounds like a good approach to Disneyland Paris. i hope to be of the same mindset when I go to Tokyo Disney. If you try to do too much or are rushing around you may not enjoy it as much or really get to enjoy the novelty of being in one of the overseas parks. I am looking forward to your report!
I agree! We're just going to take our time and smell the roses if you will.... I will try to experience all of the things we don't have in the US parks before doing anything I can do when we get to WDW.

Your trip sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks. :)
We stayed at a hotel close to Elysees when we were there a couple of years ago, we took the train between Disney and the hotel a couple of times, it was super easy - even with luggage. We also enjoy doing a lap around the Disney resorts on foot - they are well placed to walk a big circle and they all have fun themes. So exciting! :)
I think our hotel is right across the street from the Val d' Europe mall? I'm hoping they have some good food choices so we don't have to spend a fortune on theme park prices. I heard DLP doesn't have the most desirable meals. It looks like the bus will be easy... I would love to stay at one of the Disney Resorts but I just can't justify the prices, we can use all the money we're saving to use towards Disney World, I'd rather stay on property there.

Your plans sound amazing. My daughter just found out there are Disney parks in other countries, and now she totally wants to go :).

I was going through some boxes in the basement today, and I came across this old map of Magic Kingdom back in 1999. (Notice there were no fast-passes yet, and I love the Kodak film advertising.)

This was a really special trip…. My husbands best friend had terminal cancer and was only given a few months to live. He always wanted to see the ocean and wanted to go to Walt Disney World. It was really hard getting him around because he was so fragile, sick and had to get around with only one leg. ((He had the other amputated a few years prior because the cancer started in his knee)), but we still managed to have an amazing time and I’m truly grateful that we were able to enjoy that time with him. :( We were so happy we were able to cross a couple of items off of his bucket list. He passed away a couple months later at the age of 22. We still miss him everyday!
upload_2018-6-7_12-39-23.png
upload_2018-6-7_12-39-48.png
upload_2018-6-7_12-40-14.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note ….. I feel like I have a million things to do and have absolutely no energy to do it. I just want the waiting to be over with already! I have a list a mile long of everything that needs to be done.
~~~~~~~~~

We were able to repaint our stairs, so that's one item off our list.

upload_2018-6-7_12-44-57.png

Now onto the other 99 + things!

giphy.gif

Your trip is so close! Hooray!

The stairs look great! The white really brightens everything.

Went shopping for clothes today and ended up buying nothing for myself, but a ton of stuff for my kids. I bought Reya around 8 Disney shirts.

These are my Favorites!

upload_2018-6-10_21-0-50.png

upload_2018-6-10_21-1-19.png

upload_2018-6-10_21-2-8.png
upload_2018-6-10_21-3-9.png

Got all four of them for $36.00 from Kohls

21 days to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't bore you with the details, but here are some quick run-downs of our plans...…

July 11th
Last day in France :(
We'll spend the morning/early afternoon at DLP
6:00pm- Catch the Eurostar to London St. Pancras . Our hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Train Station.

upload_2018-6-11_21-33-30.png

upload_2018-6-11_21-30-59.png

July 12th (in no particular order)
Try to use the tube for the first time!
* Madame Tussauds
* British Museum
* Covent Garden
* Leicester Square/China Town
* Shop and snack at Harrods
* See London from the London Eye
* Picadilly/Oxford Circus
* National History

upload_2018-6-11_21-32-8.png upload_2018-6-11_21-34-32.png

upload_2018-6-11_21-36-17.png

I found this picture of our wedding party at Epcot the day before our wedding. I thought Id share it since my DH our celebrating our 17 year anniversary on Thursday.

upload_2018-6-11_21-51-0.png

I hope you get a clear day for the London Eye, otherwise not so great. I can't remember if they offer a weather refund. The Shard does. I used to live a five minute walk from the eye.

I hope you get a clear day for the London Eye, otherwise not so great. I can't remember if they offer a weather refund. The Shard does. I used to live a five minute walk from the eye.
Oh gosh, I hope you're right...… Just cross your fingers for beautiful weather! :)

20 days to go!

I’ve already started packing. Not only do I have to pack for our Europe trip, but I also have to pack as much as I can for our WDW trip and stuff for the kids when they go to my BFF’s house for a week.

Bits and pieces of our trips are coming together, but it still feels overwhelming. I’m ready for the day, I step foot on the plane and leave all my worries behind for 25 days!

giphy.gif

Is it sad that I’m counting down the days Disney releases prices for 2019, so I can start planning our vacation for next summer?

In the mean time I'm …….​

Still trying to nail down our park days, I’m pretty sure they will be as follows.

July 20th- Disney Springs, Swimming, HS for the evening.

July 21st- Animal Kingdom

July 22nd- Magic Kingdom

July 23rd- Epcot

July 24th- Magic Kingdom

July 25th- Epcot

July 26th - Go back home and face reality for 10 months. ☹

I think I'm most excited for Epcot, since we'll just be coming home from France! It'll be nice to take in the French pavilion for the first time ever!

upload_2018-6-12_20-30-42.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!