The Big Summer Blowout (YOOHOO!) A June and July 2014 TR

Love the title!! Super jealous of such a long trip!! Have to get caught up but got to go finish getting ready for work!! ;) We will be arriving @ Disney on Friday- I think I can- I think I can.

You can do it!!! It's really not that far away (says the person already in WDW... Lol)

I just did a whole new update about Monday on my phone (because I'm a big dummy) and the dang app went bonkers and deleted it and now I'm real cranky about it ...... SOOOOO yeah look for some updates tomorrow.

So continuing with the theme of the past few days...

THE ORIGINAL PLAN
Wake up, go to Epcot and then to Downtown Disney (i.e. Adam needs to go to the new Soccer store ASAP or else)

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
I was laying in bed and decided to get on Twitter to see if anything exciting was happening...lo and behold I saw that overnight they had taken down the walls at the waterfront of the new Diagon Alley (Expansion to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for those who have no idea what I'm talking about). AHHHHHHH!!!:dance3: I basically HAD TO GO gaze at it's beauty. So, I rolled over with big, adorable eyes, and asked Adam if we could PAHHLEEEAAZZEEE go to Universal Studios. Being the wonderful Hubby he is, he said yes! I could tell he was not as excited as I was to go stare at the facade of a building though...weirdo. :lmao:

AND WE WERE OFF!

First off was getting our Annual Passes!!! I could go anytime from now until when we leave...which was VERY exciting!

Then we dashed over to the London section! Get ready for a photo barrage!

The Hogwarts Express went by and I had a meltdown...judge me, it's okay!:upsidedow

After a good thirty minutes of staring and chatting with Team Members (what Universal calls its employees) we had to get some food! I told Adam about the new Springfield expansion and he absolutely had to have a Krusty Burger!

We both got the "Clogger" (hilarious name) which its a double burger with bacon, cheese sauce, and secret sauce (thousand island...everyone's secret sauce). It was pretty dang good! I was really impressed with the burger! I hadn't eaten food at Universal in a while so this was a nice surprise.

Here are some more pictures of Springfield:

Continued later....

Hey all...I'm officially an awful trip reporter (but an awesome vacationer, haha!)

----------------------

After Springfield we decided it was time to finally go ride something. DH is a huge Transformers fan, so guess where we went...

The wait was 45 minutes but we did have anything better to do, so we went for it. The queue was fun, lots of props and TV screens that laid out the story.

The story was the Autobot Evac was getting the AllSpark (and you) out of the city because Megatron (who is awesome...oh what?:laughing:) and the Decepticons are attacking. If you have ever ridden the Spiderman ride, it's basically the exact same thing but with Transformers. Still a very awesome ride, we were big fans of it. Big plus was we only waited about 25 minutes.

After the ride we decided to wander around aimlessly and just take everything in and check out the shops.

We then headed over to Islands of Adventure...we didn't do anything exciting, just more walking around. So here are some pictures.

Because Adam was so sweet and obliged my desire to go to Universal we went to his favorite restaurant for dinner...Buffalo Wild Wings! We seriously eat this place too much...oops.

We got some wings...shocker.

Adam ordered the "small" size which has "at least 11 wings"...well they brought him over 20 :rotfl:. HE WAS HAPPY!! So we ate our delish wings and then headed off to the next stop....

The man needed to look for his soccer jerseys! So we perused there a bit but ultimately didn't purchase because I was pretty sure Epcot had all the jerseys he wanted and we could use our AP discount on them...so I made him wait (mean wife).

That was our exciting day! Up next...A VISITOR!

When we last left off we had just spent a really long time in United World Soccer...and the soccer jersey fever had not passed so we on:

MISSION: SOCCER JERSEY

So that meant:

Hey there, Beautiful.

I wasn't real mad about the mission because FIRST STOP:

Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie:worship::worship:

Pictures above is:
Croissant Jambon Fromage - Ham, Cheese, Bechamel on a croissant
Jambon Beurre - Ham and Cheese, Dijon Mustard butter on a demi Baguette
Almond triangle (that's not what it's called anymore, but I can't find the name)

It was delish, of course. The croissant is always a winner...if you haven't gotten it GET IT NEXT TIME! Also, heat it. It is ahhhhmaaazing!

After lunch, I still had some room for something VERY special:

This glorious item is a chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich and people...it is made by angels. It is my FAVORITE thing to eat (snack wise) in Epcot. I am drooling just thinking about it.

After the ice cream sandwich we walked around the World Showcase looking in the shops for jerseys. Once we got to the front of the World Showcase we found the JACKPOT!

They didn't have the US jersey in Epcot (go figure:rolleyes:) so we had to make another trip. We did get the other jersey he was wanting (France), so I at least got 1 discounted jersey.

We had to leave Epcot bc we had to pick someone up from the airport. On the way to the airport we stopped by the Florida Mall and went to the larger United World Soccer shop...

It was a very large and Adam was very happy. He got a shiny new US jersey and was content.

On to the airport......

We arrived at MCO to pick up...

MY MOMMY!!:hyper:

She'd hate me if she knew I posted that picture, but I think it's adorable.

Funny story: It had been raining in Arkansas (where we all live) pretty much nonstop for the past week before my Mom got into Orlando. It had been beautiful all day on the day we picture her up...right up until we got to MCO. As soon as we walked out of the airport and to the car...RAIN. It started pouring and that my friends is the new theme of the week. We shift from "nothing going as planned" to RAIN! What can you do?

But anyways we headed to the apartment in a torrential downpour but it was all good! We made it safe and sound and then Mom unpacked and relaxed for a bit. We finally decided we were hungry, but we didn't want to eat anywhere at our after dinner location (Magic Kingdom!!) so we wanted to eat offsite.

We decided on a pizza place in Crossroads called Flippers. I am SO GLAD we decided on this place. It was soooo good. We got breadsticks to start out with and they were just fantastic. Very soft and flavorful. The garlic butter and cheese...oh yeah I would be dreaming about those babies for a while.

I got the chicken Alfredo pizza (minus spinach, add bacon), mom got the cheeseburger pizza, and Adam got the buffalo chicken pizza. We normally wouldn't order so much, but we couldn't agree on one pizza so we just went with it!

I didn't try the buffalo pizza because I don't do spicy, Adam loved it though. I was a big fan of my pizza and mom loved hers. All around Flippers was a BIG WINNER and we would absolutely be back!

After Dinner, it was still raining but we had to go to MK!:wizard:

First stop was...

I adore this ride, something about it is just so wonderful. Grim Grinning Ghosts is the best song attraction song. I get so excited when I hear it.

It was still raining at this point so we quickly walked by the Tangled potties (BEST)

then on to...

LOOOOVEEE you PhilharMagic:3dglasses

Adorable little Wheezy!

After the show it was almost time for WISHES!! So we got some

and planted ourselves in Fantasyland by Be Our Guest. Something so magical about watching the fireworks from there! (I don't have any good pictures I actually just watched them for the most part).

We went to use our FP+ for Buzz after wishes (SPOILER ALERT: I sucked, everyone else was awesome). Mom MAXED OUT at 999,999...that was the highlight of the night. She had no idea how she did it...I think it's this:

THAT CONCENTRATION!!

Our final stop for the evening was to take a flight to Neverland!!

Little selfie action!

Then it was time to leave...

Up next: Mom throws a curve ball.

I want that croissant with ham and cheese. I also want those breadsticks!

I really need to watch Wishes from locations other than Main Street. Belle's castle is a great idea!

It looks like you're having a blast so far! I've loved following along on Twitter and IG! It's definitely helped pass the long days until my trip (7 days left...but who's counting...oh right I am.)

Hey everyone! I have clearly failed miserably at the whole "live thread" thing. In the end I was no match for the truly awful internet connection our condo had. Each post was taking me an hour or more between disboards and photobucket and I knew I would never be able to keep up. I wanted to enjoy my vacation! BUT I will finish this report. It probably won't be as detailed now as I wanted it to be. I didn't take notes because I intended it to be live...however I did take a boat load of pictures that will help me remember all the important stuff! So, give me a few days to finish up the photopass pictures and I'll get this show on the road! I've got a month until I go back to work and hubby has to go back in 5 days so I have LOTS of free time to finish!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter