The Blueberry Diaries -- 7 Months of Dining on the Disney College Program! *UPDATE 4/1*

Following cant wait!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!

Just found this!

Congrats to you and how fun being a character attendant! Will look for you in April and July :goodvibes One of my friends' son is going down this spring for his 3rd DCP run, he was in maintenance the first 2 times and now he'll be in attractions and he's excited!

Thank you so very much!

Joining in, you must be so excited to be at your happy place day in and out. I can't wait to hear about the food adventures.

Thank you so much!!

So fun! Looking forward to following your journey. Your foodie bucket list has so many great things I haven’t tried yet. I’ll look for you in April!

Thank you so much!!

Joining in! Will definitely keep my eye out for you in MK this summer!

Thank you so much for following!

Hey, I've actually been following along on your blog as well. I usually don't venture too far from the Disboards. I know you're super busy, but I can't wait to read more about your experience and how things are going!

Thank you so much for following the blog and on here, it truly means a lot to me.

Joining in

Thank you!!

I'm also joining in. I can't wait to hear about all of your culinary adventures.

Thank you!!

Following... Cannot wait!! 💖

Thank you!!

Hello..
Following you.. so excited for you also.. I did the college program back in 2007, best time of my life.., my niece is also down there.. she left the same day you did.. she will be there until August.. I believe she is working at the new BBQ place in Epcot.

Thank you so much!! It's so crazy you say that-- my roommate Rachel on the Program was also working QSFB at the American Adventure!

YAY!!

Joining in! My favorite thing to do is eat dinner and read dining reports.

One of my daughters close friends just left for the college program. I can't remember what she is doing. :earsgirl:

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Following along popcorn::

Thank you!!

Following along! :wave2:

Thank you so much!!

4/1/20: Update & My Arrival Evening

Update
As I'm sure many of you can tell, this report did not materialize the way I originally hoped it would. As some of you may know, neither did my Disney College Program. Everyone on the Spring/Spring Advantage 2020 DCP was sent home surrounding COVID-19 health concerns about two weeks ago. It stinks, but it happened and I'm home now. We don't know if we are going to be sent back, so I'm waiting to hear from Disney on whether my College Program will resume or not. In the interim: since nobody is hiring in my immediate area during this pandemic, I have a lot of free time on my hands. While I didn't get a chance to update this DR, I did take photos to document the amazing food I ate on the short month I spent living, learning, and earning with the DCP. And I got a LOT of snacks done from my bucket list! So while we're all social distancing, I figured I would at least post what I had from my DCP! I had a lot of fun on my Program and I wanted to share some of that fun with the DIS in the worst way. This report might not be as organized as some other DRs are, but I hope I can at least share what I captured. For those of you who read the TR board, there may be a surprise headed there, too!

Arrival Evening in Epcot: Choza de Margarita, La Cantina de San Angel, Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
So I flew down to Orlando on Saturday, Feb 1. I had an early afternoon flight that got me to MCO around 4:00, then I took the ME to my home for the weekend, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort. It was closer to 5:30-6 in the evening when I finally got to my choice of fun for the night, Epcot. It was a long day, but I wanted to get to Epcot to make sure my AP renewal was active so that I could get to Hollywood Studios early the next day!

I got my AP magnet from the makeshift Mousegears location and then headed off to the World Showcase.

My first stop was a Choza de Margarita, because I felt like a drink to commemorate my safe return to Walt Disney World was in order! Here's my first alcoholic beverage of the trip, the Fiesta Margarita - Choza de Margarita ($12.75)

(Please excuse this photo, it was a chaotic night in Epcot!)

This is a tricolor (I promise) frozen margarita with lime, mango, and strawberry flavors. It basically combines all three frozen margarita flavors into one big, beautiful drink. While $12.75 is not what I typically like to pay for drinks, I guess the price point isn't super crazy for the value you get here, since it is kind of a big marg. It was pretty good! My favorite was the mango flavor by a mile. The lime and strawberry were pretty standard, but that mango had the perfect sweet & tart thing going on. I guess together, the strawberry, lime, and mango work really well, but I think I'll just opt for the Mango Loco margarita next time. When all is said & done, this was a good way to start my Program!

Here's my chaotic dinner tray, Nachos - La Cantina de San Angel ($13.50)

Here we have a pretty standard plate of nachos. Jalapenos, ground beef, sour cream, tomatoes, beans, and a white queso of sorts. These were pretty good as far as nachos go, but trying to eat them was a whole challenge. They were quite messy, and if you try to eat them by yourself, you are going to have a LOT of chips at the bottom that go soggy with queso. My recommendation for you is to NOT do what I did and try to eat these nachos by yourself. This is the perfect snack to share with your friends as you conquer the drink around the world challenge!

I went on the Gran Fiesta boat tour, had a FP+ for Frozen Ever After, and met Anna & Elsa before deciding it was probably time to head back to the resort before I crashed from exhaustion. But before that... since I was in Norway already, I figured there was no better time to try the Troll Horn - Kringla Bakeri og Kafe ($4.49)

REALLY delicious stuff happening here. A soft pastry shell covered in those crunchy sugar crystals and filled with citrusy cream. SO, so good!!! This quickly became a World Showcase favorite of mine. Very fresh, very tasty.

We'll pick back up with some Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land goodies later!

Following along. I've read along with all of your prior trip reports, and can't wait to read about your dining report. I'm so bummed for you (and all CP members) who had to leave early.

First of all- welcome back, Your Royal Disness. I speak on behalf of the entire boards when I say WE MISSED YOUR BEAUTIFUL REPORTS.

Once again, I am so terribly sorry that your program was cut short. I can't even imagine how that feels. It's good to see you're home and safe, though.

This is a tricolor (I promise) frozen margarita with lime, mango, and strawberry flavors. It basically combines all three frozen margarita flavors into one big, beautiful drink.
Truth time- never been to Choza. But dang it if I'm not putting it at the top of my Epcot list for our next visit! That looks incredible.

I went on the Gran Fiesta boat tour, had a FP+ for Frozen Ever After, and met Anna & Elsa before deciding it was probably time to head back to the resort before I crashed from exhaustion
Wow what an amazing Epcot night.

Very fresh, very tasty.
How does it compare to school bread? Every time I'm in Norway I see the troll horn and think about getting it but school bread wins out again and again.

Everyone on the Spring/Spring Advantage 2020 DCP was sent home surrounding COVID-19 health concerns about two weeks ago. It stinks, but it happened and I'm home now.

Ugh, this whole thing completely sucks. I mean, it sucks for everyone, but especially for those who had major life plans interrupted. I'm not thrilled that my kids' kindergarten year got cut short but, in the grand scheme of things, it could have been much worse. I hope you get to go back in some capacity to complete your DCP.

Your treats all look delicious. Those nachos hold a special place in my heart, but I've only ever tried to share them :-)

So sorry for your DCP being halted. Thank you for taking the time to report after all that has happened. Looking forward to more awesome food and beverages .

I'm sorry your DCP was cut short... Especially after getting your dream job... Fingers crossed you get to go back and finish your program!!!

Can't wait to hear about your time you did get to spend on the DCP!!!

Those nachos look delicious!!!!

😢 so sad your program was cut short.

I was wondering if you were starving your first month.:rotfl: That Margarita......I thought it was something chocolate in the first picture.

It was so sad when word got out that you guys were being send home :( I'm glad you are home and are safe and I hope at some point you get to go back whether for a whole season or at least part of one!
Nachos - La Cantina de San Angel ($13.50)
As far as the margs I've only gotten the Avocado and I love it so much I just can't order anything different lol. I do like those nachos- I like ALL nachos- but there are definitely better ones to be had around the World.
REALLY delicious stuff happening here. A soft pastry shell covered in those crunchy sugar crystals and filled with citrusy cream. SO, so good!!! This quickly became a World Showcase favorite of mine. Very fresh, very tasty.
And here I usually stick to school bread but that sounds good!

Again, I'm so sorry for what happened to your program but I'm happy you got to enjoy a little of it and make some memories to share with us.

A margarita in Epcot sounds like the perfect way to start your Disney time!

That troll horn looks good to. I wasn't a fan of the school bread so maybe I'll give that a try (whenever we're allowed to go back!)

I'm so sorry your DCP was cancelled 😢. I'm glad you made the most of your time while you were there though and I'm excited to see what you got to cross of your list! Nachos and Margs sound like the perfect start to a Disney trip!

Thank you so much!! It's so crazy you say that-- my roommate Rachel on the Program was also working QSFB at the American Adventure!
That's funny ..cause that is her name, was she from massachusetts?

I'm so sorry your DCP got cut before it even started. Hoping you get to come back, and continue to share some great food adventures with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter