The "box" arrived...

@Cousin Orville, where did you get the ABD badges?? They are so cool!

Sayhello

Our France ABD was the final tour by one of our guides. He requested them for all his guests as kind of a final gift. One super nice thing is ABD always lists me by my first name, which isn't Kevin. So, ABD must have printed and overnighted them (to France) after the tour started and the guides learned our preferred names. It's one of my favorite Disney souvenirs. I think that's the only time ABD has done that.

Our France ABD was the final tour by one of our guides. He requested them for all his guests as kind of a final gift. One super nice thing is ABD always lists me by my first name, which isn't Kevin. So, ABD must have printed and overnighted them (to France) after the tour started and the guides learned our preferred names. It's one of my favorite Disney souvenirs. I think that's the only time ABD has done that.
How cool! :thumbsup2 I'm totally jealous! :)

Sayhello

I had made a post a few months ago when we got our box for 2017of felt the same way! They really ARE safety into consideration though. They've changed things....like not having ABD on the Paddle of Power, and in some locations guides don't wear ABD shirts or even their name tag. So I totally understand not putting ABD logos on things like backpacks. BUT...they could include just regular backpacks right? ha! I was on a Disney panel for the 2016 Box Input and we suggested a lot of things. I don't think they really took any of it into consideration because nobody said "do less". hahahahah. I really wish they would have taken the majority advice and included a guidebook/nature guide/whatever that was itenerary specific. I know the box isn't THAT big of a deal because we do get a lot of repeat gifts, but after getting 9 boxes full of goodies, the 10th box was kind of a whomp whomp with its contents!

We did have the little maroon "shoe" sized laundry bag that I mocked but have found really useful! We put dirty shoes in it with our suitcase and it saved Hubby's clothes from getting dirty after a Galapagos hike!

YOU are verrrry lucky to be able to go so much! We are set for Spain this year....wondering how was your experience??? After reading some scoop from SingingMom...I'm ready to PACK!

Last edited:

Love the shadow boxes - might need to work on some of those!

My husband and daughter got the ABD Badges when they did the Wyoming trip a few years ago (2012?) - they were told same thing, it was one of the guides last trip as an ABD guide. My daughter's had her full name - so they mailed us one with her nickname. Made me extra jealous I had to miss the trip!

Wow - That is really a surprise, especially considering the swag that is given out on the cruises. I can understand not having ABD on all backpacks, but perhaps something else? Water bottle?

...and I'm really disappointed. :sad2:
This is our 4th ABD - our first two ABD's had three strong, durable backpacks - one for each of our party...
the 3rd ABD had a few different types of bags and leather folders..

Today's box had three luggage tags and one zipper cosmetic type bag. :confused3
For the price of these trips, the "box" was a fun bonus.

Oh well... at least the Adventure Handbook was included. I had heard some trips had to wait until the first day for that.
...and I'm really disappointed. :sad2:
This is our 4th ABD - our first two ABD's had three strong, durable backpacks - one for each of our party...
the 3rd ABD had a few different types of bags and leather folders..

Today's box had three luggage tags and one zipper cosmetic type bag. :confused3
For the price of these trips, the "box" was a fun bonus.

Oh well... at least the Adventure Handbook was included. I had heard some trips had to wait until the first day for that.

I thought I was mentally prepared for this - but nope! Total let down. This is our fourth adventure so our expectations were high. That zippered cosmetic bag was terrible.

I realize it's just a bonus, but really, it would have been better if they sent nothing. I'll keep the drawstring bag, but the rest of it is headed to Goodwill.

I had to go look. Nice backpack! That was clearly before my time...
we have six! LOL that's what really caught me by surprise - in the beginning, we were getting gifts for each person in the party. We received three of the sturdy backpacks for two different trips and three of the flimsy green ones for one of our trips. After that - only one gift per family, except for the luggage tags & luggage straps.

DH is on his second backpack - we gave one to my nephew, and I believe I have three more tucked away for the future!

We did have two of the flimsy green ones, but they weren't very practical for us and didn't seem like they'd work very well.

We did have two of the flimsy green ones, but they weren't very practical for us and didn't seem like they'd work very well.

It sort of works as a pool bag - I've brought it to Blizzard Beach or to a pool party. But otherwise, it's pretty useless lol

YOU are verrrry lucky to be able to go so much! We are set for Spain this year....wondering how was your experience??? After reading some scoop from SingingMom...I'm ready to PACK!
We loved Spain! I wish we had more time in Barcelona, but it looks like the revised itenerary added more time? You'll have a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!