The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Saw Sponge Bob last week. Although I had read on another online forum that the show was “great fun”and “pure joy” it just didn’t grab me. Im thinking that was in large part due to the fact that this was not the show I intended to see, but because of a series of unfortunate snafus, we didn’t get tickets to the show we wanted.

I have to say the three main characters, spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward, were all excellently done. I felt Sandy Cheeks and particularly the mayor were kind of weak. The highlight for me, though, was an 18 year old Jai’len Christine Li Josey, who played Pearl Krabs. She had a solo of a few fabulous notes, and i believe she got a round of applause. The girl can SING! She won a Jimmy in 2014, when she must have been 14 or 15. I think her career is one to keep an eye on.

My seat was kind of in a fun place. Rear orchestra near to a couple of the theater doors. Before the show, I noticed a security guard standing by one of them, and I thought to myself, “Boy, she is aearing an awful lot of makeup, and her hairdo is kind of weird.” Doh! She was part of the show. Later on, I was privy to a quiet “0h, crap” when one of the jellyfish couldn’t get her umbrella to open properly right away, and I got to see evidence of how hard these actors work by seeing all the sweat on Patrick’s face.

I have tickets for mid March, got them for 45, so I figured might as well check it out since it’s getting a lot of positive press..... but to be honest I am not at all sure what to expect.

I loved Sponge Bob. Even if u don't like the story, the set, costumes and sound are amazing.

I liked Once On This Island. We got tickets from TKTS and were in the front row, with our feet in the sand. I think that added to the fun.

So did anyone have any luck getting Seattle Hamilton tickets today? Despite getting the Ticketmaster verification code I had no luck. Just kept getting a message saying that they could not process my transaction. Boo...

Did you end up getting tickets? Looks like there's still availability for the touring productions in both Seattle and Tempe.

I'm kind of surprised the runs haven't sold out, although with VIP seats $625 +fees for Seattle and $525 - $750 +fees for Tempe, perhaps they overpriced? I suppose that may have been an attempt to cut into the resale market. SMH at people trying to get double face value or more for verified resale on ticketmaster when the venue still has availability in the same section or better. LOL

It's nice reading about what's happening on Broadway, even though popping in to check it out isn't really an option.

EDITED to add:

I've been keeping an eye on the Hamilton ticket situation in Tempe. Pretty much only VIP seats left, but available for most, if not all, performances. If you catch them at the right time the venue has been dropping prices. I've found VIP1 dropped from $750 to $325 and VIP2 dropped from $525 to $250.

Last edited:
So who was able to snag Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets? I got two $40 ones for pretty much a year from now, on Thursday/Friday nights. Not what I was trying for, but I’ll take them.

I just picked up tickets for my wife for Xmas to see Frozen on Broadway - anyone else get tickets? I waited until after the Previews and am going late March - looking forward to it.

We have Frozen tickets for late May! My DS10 does theatre and is excited to see this show!

So who was able to snag Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets? I got two $40 ones for pretty much a year from now, on Thursday/Friday nights. Not what I was trying for, but I’ll take them.

I got them with the last release for this July on a Sunday. $80 per part and at the time the very cheapest that was available.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Dr Phillips Center here in Orlando to announce the 2018-2019 Broadway touring season (besides Hamilton, we've known about that one for ages). It seems like every other major city in Florida has already got theirs and the season subscribers in Orlando are getting restless! Especially since the emails about automatic renewal already went out.

Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia are on my wish list and they're both going to Tampa and Ft Lauderdale along with Hamilton. Miami and Tampa are getting Come From Away and I wouldn't mind seeing that one either. I just want to know what I'm going to have to take a road trip to see...

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Dr Phillips Center here in Orlando to announce the 2018-2019 Broadway touring season (besides Hamilton, we've known about that one for ages). It seems like every other major city in Florida has already got theirs and the season subscribers in Orlando are getting restless! Especially since the emails about automatic renewal already went out.

Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia are on my wish list and they're both going to Tampa and Ft Lauderdale along with Hamilton. Miami and Tampa are getting Come From Away and I wouldn't mind seeing that one either. I just want to know what I'm going to have to take a road trip to see...
In Minneapolis, we got our season last week. Hamilton, that we did know about... On Your Feet, A Bronx Tale, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Hello Dolly, The Play that Goes Wrong, Fiddler on the Roof, Dear Evan Hansen, plus the optional shows of Beautiful, Book of Mormon, Les Miz and Rock of Ages.
Some of those I am super excited for, and a few of them not so much.

In Minneapolis, we got our season last week. Hamilton, that we did know about... On Your Feet, A Bronx Tale, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Hello Dolly, The Play that Goes Wrong, Fiddler on the Roof, Dear Evan Hansen, plus the optional shows of Beautiful, Book of Mormon, Les Miz and Rock of Ages.
Some of those I am super excited for, and a few of them not so much.

I’m a subscriber at Providence Performing Arts Center and our season will be announced March 6. Already announced for next year is Hamilton and the openings of Cats and Miss Saigon, so that leaves four more slots in the regular season and probably three in the opt-ins. This year we got Fun Home, Finding Neverland, The Bodyguard, Love Never Dies, On Your Feet, An American in Paris and Something Rotten. I opted out of The Bodyguard and opted into Kinky Boots.

I very rarely come to the Community Board anymore but when I do, this is the thread I look out for - so pleased it was right at the top!

I'm an Orlando local and SO excited to hear our announcement! Tampa's line up is amazing, I wouldn't mind if that entire season came to Dr Phillips. I love Dear Evan Hansen and Come From Away, I'd love to take my son to see Anastasia, and I've heard great things about A Bronx Tale. I'm seeing Hamilton in Chicago in April and I'm really looking forward to it coming here too. I just took my son to see The Lion King at Dr Phillips and it was a great show as always; lots of kids in the audience but actually mostly very well behaved.

I didn't get an access code for Curse Child, but entered the virtual waiting room - or whatever they called it - the next day and after being number 52,000 in line :faint: I finally got through! Sadly the only tickets left were over $300 per person with all the taxes, and considering I was the only one in my family who wanted to go, I couldn't justify spending the money on myself. My husband told me to get them and if I'd been buying them for my son and I, I would have just sucked it up and paid it, but just for me I couldn't do it. One day I'll get to see this show!

I'm an Orlando local and SO excited to hear our announcement! Tampa's line up is amazing, I wouldn't mind if that entire season came to Dr Phillips. I love Dear Evan Hansen and Come From Away, I'd love to take my son to see Anastasia, and I've heard great things about A Bronx Tale. I'm seeing Hamilton in Chicago in April and I'm really looking forward to it coming here too. I just took my son to see The Lion King at Dr Phillips and it was a great show as always; lots of kids in the audience but actually mostly very well behaved.

I would also love to see Tampa's entire lineup. DPC did say today that the Orlando season announcement will be March 9. Fingers crossed for some good stuff! I'm renewing either way for Hamilton, and I think they're banking on a lot of people doing the same.

I'm going to Lion King tomorrow night. I've seen it before in NYC but it's a great show.

I’m a subscriber at Providence Performing Arts Center and our season will be announced March 6. Already announced for next year is Hamilton and the openings of Cats and Miss Saigon, so that leaves four more slots in the regular season and probably three in the opt-ins. This year we got Fun Home, Finding Neverland, The Bodyguard, Love Never Dies, On Your Feet, An American in Paris and Something Rotten. I opted out of The Bodyguard and opted into Kinky Boots.
We had Fun Home and The Bodyguard last year, I sold The Bodyguard, zero interest. We had Neverland already this season with Something Rotten and Love Never Dies still coming this season. I will be selling my Love Never Dies as well, we can't stand Phantom. Very excited for Something Rotten though!!

We have A Chorus Line. We never get new and interesting stuff out here in the boonies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts