"The Code" plus free dining?

OverplanninJess

Life's just so much fun when there's a Disney vaca
DBF and I are planning on going in Aug.-our dates are flexible so we can go during the 40% week but he has his heart set on free dining...we went last May and paid for dining and it was SO worth it! I read somewhere on here (but I can't find it now!) that someone asked a CM when booking with the 40% code if free dining was offered later could they add it and that they were told yes (therefore getting both 40% off and free dining). Just wondering if anyone has any info on this:confused3 ? Thanks!

Jess-

From one overplanner to another (love it!!), crunch your numbers. For me it was a better "deal" w/the 40% rather than free dining. So for the same price of a moderate w/AAA discount I am now staying at a deluxe w/the 40%!! I'm so excited! I'm debating even telling my husband & surprising him when we get there!!!

However, if free dining were to be offered again & we were to stay w/the moderate (I did this pricing too), the difference between the 40% discount & the free dining was $58 (free dining being $58 less).

Since free dining hasn't been announced yet, I decided to book now since it was still a very significant savings for us.

Hope this makes sense...it's getting kind of late for me!!
Jen

We are staying at AKL savana bunk beds (4 of us - 2A - 2 17 yo) with the 40% off deal, it works out to be $47 cheaper than the free dining would be.

We are saving $700 on the room at the Wilderness Lodge.. I think the dinning plan for us is $800... so its almost like getting free dinning.

Don't tell him!! That would be a wonderful surprise for him and exciting for you too!! That would be awesome to be able to surprise him in the most magical place on EARTH!!

Free dining has always been on full rack rate. Disney will not allow you to combine offers.

We are saving $700 on the room at the Wilderness Lodge.. I think the dinning plan for us is $800... so its almost like getting free dinning.

With the 40% off AKL standard view is almost $200 cheaper than it would be if free dining would be offered & we paid rack rates for it!! I just couldn't pass it up! I'm really excited!!

Don't tell him!! That would be a wonderful surprise for him and exciting for you too!! That would be awesome to be able to surprise him in the most magical place on EARTH!!

I hope I can wait to tell him! We're not leaving until September, so I'm still debating! I'd love to get there, get on the DME & SURPRISE not CSR, but AKL instead!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter