The "Day after 7/17" Strategy!

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
Hello all!

We went to SoCal for the weekend, but skipped 7/17 in favor of a beach day! Just couldn't justify an extra $250 in the budget this close to a WDW trip.

So yesterday (7/18) we attempted a Florida strategy: The Day After EE. Soooo, we got to DLR about 8:30 am yesterday, in hopes that most of the people who did stay in town after 7/17 would be "sleeping it off" and the crowds in the AM would be thin. IT WORKED! We had no trouble throughout the day riding everything we wanted---sometimes twice.

With the exeption of Tomorrowland, DL was more than manageable---less crowded than a normal summer weekday IMO. DCA was beyond empty, and since two of my all-time faves are in that park, I was thrilled. Wait for TOT never topped 20 minutes that I saw, and got a Soarin' FP around 1 pm for 3:30. With crisscrossing parks to accommodate a Space Mountain freak, they ended up riding 3 times between 11 am and 7:30 pm strictly using FPs.

Overall, my point is for all of us visiting throughout the summer: It wasn't crazy! Enjoy!

Thanks, good information.

Penciling in 7/18/2055 as a good day to go to Disneyland. I'll only be 89, that's still young, right? :)

gcurling said:
Thanks, good information.

Penciling in 7/18/2055 as a good day to go to Disneyland. I'll only be 89, that's still young, right? :)

I'll be 93, but I'll meet you there!!!

Patti,
Thanks for the info! We're leaving on Mon. and this is really good news! Hopefully the crowds won't be as crazy as I'm anticipating!

Just how many wheelchairs will it take to handle the DIS crowd of 2055!!!

I think I can hoof it, I will only be 89!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter