The Day Before - All Excited

drennan

Disney Nutter - Looking for FUN !!!! Life is what
Family: myself - aged 33
Stephen (dh) - aged 37
Billy (ds) - aged 9 (going on 90)
Jack (ds)- aged 22 months

Friday 11th October

Kept Billy off school this morning but managed to bribe my Mum and Steves mum into having one kid each last night so we could get everything sorted and ready for the off, what would I do without them ? I also had this morning off work so poor old steve was the only one who had to go (shame)
:rolleyes: , well he finished at 11.30am and came home for a quick shower and change of clothes, I was already nice and refreshed after having the whole morning to myself, luckily for me I had got everything finished and checked the night before, so it was a complete bonus not having the kids this morning, so I made the most of it :) :) my Mum and Dad popped Billy off at 12 o'clock and had a quick cuppa with us, said our goodbyes to them, soon got the car loaded, the neighbour did ask "How long were we going for 3 months or 3 weeks"? very funny - haha, I thought I'd done well this time as well - I certainly didn't pack as much as I usually do. Set off at 1pm to go and pick Jack up, stopped off on the way and got some fish & chips to take round - well it is going to be 3 weeks, and yes I know they do them in Florida, but sorry not as nice as these ;). After we had those and washed them down with a very nice cup of tea, we said our farewells to steves Mum and Dad:wave: by this time it was 2.30pm only 1 hour behind schedule but that pretty good for our family:p.

Traffic was pretty good until we reached the M25, which is the norm I suppose especially on a Friday afternoon, but we were all nice and calm and relaxed, Jack and Billy had fallen asleep so thats probably why it was very calm and relaxing:) :) we arrived at the Russ Hill Hotel at 5.30pm, must say first impression was good and it was quite a reasonable price especially with 3 weeks parking, Paula and her family (wellardstallard) Phil (dh) and Sara (dd) were only 10 minutes behind us, so we all settled in and went for a drink and something to eat just 5 minutes drive from the hotel, can't remember what the pub was called but the meal was very nice, headed back upto the hotel and went into their bar, Jack had a mad head on - just for a change :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: had the other residents laughing anyway, after about an hour me and steve got fed up chasing him so I decided to go back to the room with the kids and let Steve stay with Paula, Phil and Sara. Got the kids settled and into bed for 10.30pm and me and steve soon followed

Good to see you're up and running. You've put me to shame since I started to write my trip reports out last week . . . and one and after another has gotten in the way.

Staying at the airport over night is such fun, it's like an extra day on the holiday and really gets you in the mood.

Off to the next installment:D

Great start - love to go to the hotel the night before, as Annie says it does give you that extra day on the holiday!

Off to read some more.....

Great start.

stopped off on the way and got some fish & chips to take round - well it is going to be 3 weeks, and yes I know they do them in Florida, but sorry not as nice as these
I totally agree with you there..:)

The Russ Hill hotel is always listed for an overnight plus parking - would you recommend it?

Yes I would recommend it, it's not as nice as the Hilton but its so much cheaper and the rooms are nice and clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter