The difference between them & us

me, dh and dd love wdw, we went there on our honeymoon and 45 trips later, we are so happy there. we both plan our week, he does our fp and I do the adrs. we are a perfect Disney team. we are always planning our next Disney trip, thank god my dh is a fanatic like me we are leaving 9/29 for our next trip and we all can't wait to be there!!

Totally get ya'll! We leave for WDW in less than 3 weeks, and DH threw a little hissy fit yesterday when I mentioned the word bounceback.

See, the new bounceback for 2018 is out and I thought it would be fun to start planning the next one. I may have even whispered the phrase "upgrade to annual pass." I think that really did him in. :laughing:

Group hug? :grouphug:

I adore the planning. DH doesn't, but he's happy to listen to all the planning I've done and does love Disney. We honeymooned there, too.

Now YDS (age 9) is starting to get into the planning thing. He made up an itinerary for the morning we leave. :rotfl2: I'm so proud!

I'm the planner in our family and while I do ask what they'd like to do etc, usually I get "I trust your decision and you're good at it".

Planned two round the world trips plus a trip to Oz for my parents (where we met up in Cairns for their wedding anniversary on a night Cairns had special fireworks - to this day, my folks thought I'd arranged those too lol!).

Going to DLP this year and yep, I'm doing the itinerary for that.

New York and Florida next year and again, it's been left to me to research all the hotels / restaurants / rides etc. Only thing DH wanted to know more about was craft beers in Florida (so he could try some while away...and yes, found a website for that too lol!).

Don't mind though as had a travel agent once say I was in the wrong profession when I gave her the itinerary I'd set..too late now to change career but I do enjoy researching places having once missed a wolf sanctuary near Seattle that I only found on the last day of our hols (I love wolves and was gutted I missed it).

Totally get ya'll! We leave for WDW in less than 3 weeks, and DH threw a little hissy fit yesterday when I mentioned the word bounceback.

See, the new bounceback for 2018 is out and I thought it would be fun to start planning the next one. I may have even whispered the phrase "upgrade to annual pass." I think that really did him in. :laughing:

Group hug? :grouphug:

Do you think you pushed just a little too far?:rolleyes1

If I could find the group hug smilie I'd join in:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

this is how our planning goes. I start about a year out. Within that year I will have my obsession days where I do nothing but talk about the trip. Then there are periods of weeks where I don't mention it at all. During my obsession days my wife will humor me, but she really doesn't listen. I get it though because I change the plans a million times. She probably thinks, why listen because he is just going to change it. This trip started out as us and the kids going at the end of September with us staying at AOA and now we are going 9/1 and staying at AK. Go figure. Then 30 days out she starts to ask a million questions and I stonewall her and say she should have been planning with me or I already told you all of this, but in the end I answer her questions because I cannot stop talking about the trip. :D

I'm the husband and I do all the planning. lol

Ditto!!! For a few years DW didn't want to go to WDW. I told her she could plan our non-Disney trips. Well, that never happened. So DD and I went on a couple trips sans DW. Guess who is all excited to go on our next trip? DW.

I love, love, love researching and planning all our family vacations! DH recognizes this, and even brags to all our friends and family about how amazing our trips are. :) However, I think he's regretting just a bit agreeing to go to WDW this year. :rotfl: I started out asking his opinion on stuff (and DS23 and DS10) and didn't really get much input. And his eyes glaze over a little every time I bring up ADRs or FPs or whatever. So now I'm just doing it all and they will go along with whatever I say to do! LOL

I'm an obsessive Disney planner, my DH really dislikes all things Disney and generally doesn't like to travel and is much happier with quiet time at home. So, my DS and I head to Disney once a year and my DH gets a week of solitude. It's a win-win for us.

At least you have a spouse that enjoys it enough to go! I have to listen to hours of how Disney is the antithesis of all he values in the world each time I plan a trip. And very few people can truly understand how much fun it is to plan a Disney trip. To me it like a vacation that lasts a year (if you include the planning time).

That is so true about it being like a vacation that lasts a year!
If my DH would go on and on about how horrible Disney is, my response would be, "zip it, Skippy!" LOL.

I have never heard of a couple where both of them love to plan and they fight over it. That might be worse.

I feel like I am talking to myself sometimes when I start going on about it! My finacee keeps saying, just whatever you want. It can be so frustrating, I want him to have a fun time and if he leaves it all to me what if he doesn't like my choices. I am OBSESSED with planning this trip right now, although I am getting close to not having much else to plan! Now its onto packing, I ask him everyday what clothes he is bringing. If it were up to him we would just throw stuff in a bag the night before and be off! Hopefully he will appreciate it once he gets there!

I told my husband and his response?

Great! Is it for any of the days that you already have planned to be at MK, or do we need to switch days? What about during your trip with Friend?

I am so glad I am not the only one with a DH that is not that into it!! He did agree to do DVC and we added on two more contracts...but it is also the time of year we go. I am a NY teacher and I only really get the crazy holiday times or summer. He is in construction so summer is his busy time and he frankly does not feel like dealing with Florida heat on his vacation. I get that...but a lot of rides/attractions have AC and I always get a ADR for a good sit down (he loves eating) to get the break from the heat.

I also am on a bend to book non-disney DVC stays. We just did Aulani, booked a Poly no park trip in Feb. when he will appreciate the Fla. Sun.

To feed my Disney need I have booked trips with just a couple of my kids (my middle DS is very anti travel with family right now >:() But my other two are all in with me. I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad!!

It is an obsession, but really is it bad? We are doing something constructive, imagine if we had some other bad obsessions? They should be happy we are planning family things, to a family place, that is so happy. So many memories are from there and to come!!

I don't think I am in denial? Maybe that show intervention will have a new twist soon....Disney addicts-no way, can't happen!! o_O

Mine enjoys it when were there but doesn't plan anything at all. He leaves it to me and I just tell him what we're doing.

He wouldn't have a clue what any of the park hours were so I'd get the same reaction.

That's my husband. I try and ask him where he wants to eat and he says he doesn't care as long as we have 1 TS per day. It gets annoying because I don't want to be accused of only booking what I like. I tend to annoy him enough that he finally relents and asks for what park and he takes a few mins to look and then chooses. He loves going to Disney just doesn't care about the planning part.

I'm the Disney planner, but I usually hate planning things. For some reason, I love planning Disney trips. There's something about the beauty of seeing a bunch of numbers, and trying to minimize waiting at the parks, without going completely overboard.

I'm a math guy, so crunching numbers, checking probability, it doesn't bother me. Knowing when rides start getting busy, so avoid those, without criss-crossing the park 4 times is a challenge.

I'm the DH and the Planner. Our next trip is in December 2017, and I booked it it May. Told DW that I'd restrict talking about it to one 'fact' (like an ADR, or a new ride, or stuff like the new park hopper bus) a day. She about flipped and said I could talk about one 'fact' a week, so we compromised and I get to tell her all the 'facts' I can fit in every Monday. Guess what today is! However, she is balking about upgrading to an AP. This will be the cheapest we could ever do an AP, but DW is like "when would be go back"? We only live 9 hours away by car so we could do several long weekends. DW's response: yeah, but that doens't include food, doesn't include hotel, etc. I need help to convince her to shell out an extra $700 total to upgrade to 3 APs for me, DW, and DS11. Not $700 each, just $700 total.

This will be our 6th trip since 2009, and I've booked a haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop. I've wanted to do that since our first trip and I thought, how cool would it be to get a haircut at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!