The difference between them & us

I created a cross referenced spreadsheet combining crowd calendars, closing times, EMH, dining reservations, transit time, fast passes and almost added a restroom schedule. My algorithm is getting a little complex.

Them = spouses
Us= obsessive Disney planners

i ve just realised MK has increased hours during our forthcoming trip-
I'm delighted and clearly need to do some rejigging of plans also:bored:

So; I'm telling this story to dh & he's not reacting at all!
I ask,' are you not super excited for extended MK hours?'
Totally deadpan he replies, ' well, I will be when I'm actually there'.

Pretty much had this identical exchange with the BF (also on Saturday) when I found out our on-site-hotel Express Passes for a trip to UO next month will now work on the Harry Potter headliners.

He's very much "I'll be excited when I'm there", and to be fair that's usually how it works. But I've accepted that I have more than my share of the 'planning gratification' brain chemistry, and he has less than ... possibly anyone else I've ever met.

On our last trip I literally didn't even bother telling him where we were going. He didn't know we were flying to Orlando until we were at the airport. (For all he knew, we might be going on a cruise or going to New Orleans or somewhere else entirely.) We had an amazing time.

I've always been the Disney addict wanting more and more trips. But I think I'm finally bringing him over to my team. The other day an Aerosmith song came on the radio and he said "I miss Disney"!!!!

My bf is the same way. He wasn't ever too excited about going to the parks until he was actually there. It's like it doesn't sink in until then.

Ok, I've got to add a little bit more. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 10-day trip with DD (EEEEEEEE!). Last night DH started asking, how many trips does this make? do you really like going? what can you possibly do for 10 days? Don't you get bored?

This from someone who's been to Maine a dozen times, weeks at a time, and sits on a porch "water gazing." Not that I'm judging, and I even like Maine too, but ... really? There's an irony here if you look close enough!

My in-laws own a beachfront condo in Alabama. They go there several (like 8-10) times a year. They ask me why I keep going to Disney over and over. They don't see the irony either.

My gf has become a Disney convert. But during the planning stages (I do all of it, despite the fact that I'm highly disorganized in real life) I still often hear the phrase "I'll care when I'm there."

I'm a widowed parent of three teenagers, and I think I'm more excited about our next trip than they are (although they all want to go).

The highlights for us will be the first time staying in a Fort Wilderness cabin, and the first time my son's girlfriend has ever been to WDW.

I'm the husband and do all the planning as well, but both of us love going to Disney. I just enjoy the planning and scooping out info and details more than she does.

Yeah, same with me. She loves going just as much as me but she's just not in to planning at all. She might mention a place she'd like to eat but that's about the extent of it. I don't mind because I'm naturally a planner.

I'm a widowed parent of three teenagers, and I think I'm more excited about our next trip than they are (although they all want to go).

The highlights for us will be the first time staying in a Fort Wilderness cabin, and the first time my son's girlfriend has ever been to WDW.

I'm without a doubt more excited than our children (when they were younger & now older!!)

Fort wilderness cabins are amazing-it's like a retreat into a different world.
And a newbie in the pack-what a trip you'll have :rainbow:

I'm without a doubt more excited than our children (when they were younger & now older!!)

Fort wilderness cabins are amazing-it's like a retreat into a different world.
And a newbie in the pack-what a trip you'll have :rainbow:

Me in a cabin with four teenagers. I'm thinking of getting a studio at the Poly for myself. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter