The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Sorry to hear about your knee Mel. Two steps forward one step back. Take it easy for a few days. What about some upper body exercises using soup cans while you're resting the knee?

marchingstar glad to hear you finally got to the email. I have one of those in my own inbox, but in my case I have to go search through some boxes in the basement to find the necessary info to pass along. Mine's just pure laziness. I agree with Mel, it's such an exciting time when little ones get mobile. Enjoy each and every moment as best you can, they're only young once, blink and before you know it he'll be a grown and off on his own.

Workouts this week have been on track. The roads are covered in ice today. So glad I bought that treadmill. DH runs on it everyday too.

My downfall this week has been the appearance of Paczki's in the grocery stores. Personally the ones they sell at Sobeys are better than the ones sold at Independent. Fortunately they aren't sold in the stores for long. They are so good.

Morning! I'm still here, still moving though perhaps not as much as I wanted last week. My cold is finally resolved so back on track this week. Though not outside today! I ordered something on amazon yesterday that was delivered this morning and the poor delivery guy slid down the driveway! I did not know it was that bad outside, but we'll be staying in today. I'm sure kiddo is going to ask for McDonalds but he'll have to wait a few days. March 1st is Friday! Can you believe it? I want to really focus the month of March, it feels like spring is coming (though looking out the window doesn't support that assessment). I need to get moving, and hopefully it will lead to a lovely April with nice weather, outdoor time, getting the garden ready, when I can find it again.

Day 5 of the cut! Went to the gym last night and worked out while watching hockey. Rest day today then Olympic lifting on Thursday, regular gym on Friday, rest day on Sat (hosting a taco and tequila party) and back to Olympic lifting on Sun.

Breakfast was coffee with coconut milk and a PB sandwich, lunch was an amazing Fiesta wrap with falafel from Freshii (w/extra avocado instead of cheese), and supper will be plant-based pizza pockets. I need to work on water and sleep today/tonight. :)

Wow! I'm getting tired just reading all the workouts you're doing. Keep it up! You'll motivate the rest of us to keep up with our physical routines.

Thanks! I just went and got 3000 steps in walking laps around the office boardroom at lunch knowing that I'm going to want to be lazy tonight but also that I need to burn more calories if I want to have supper and get my calorie deficit in tonight. :)

I have been keeping myself busy this week getting lots of steps in by taking a few kids that have ADHD Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to the gym for breaks.
They get a much needed break and I get my steps in.
I am continuing my dancing in the afternoons or evenings.

I am Canadian BUT so done with this weather,,I am craving warmth and sunshine.....go away old man winter.
Hope everyone is moving ,,even if just to stay warm.
Hugs
Mel

And lucky you will get it soon. Are you counting down the days until you head south. I, on the other hand, still have to deal with tonnes of snow that needs to melt before there is an light at the end of the tunnel. That or April 29:D. i can't wait as I am also done with winter. I'm procrastinating taking the dog out for her walk in -23C as I type this. I know, I know get off my butt and go get dressed and take her for a walk. Signing off to go do that now.

I'm still only playing soccer once per week. But here's a thought for those who "think" they aren't getting a work out in.

Cleaning the house from top to bottom is HARD WORK! Like, Swiffering my floors makes me sweat LOL My body is sore after I clean and I'm tired, so that has to be a good thing, right?

Winter is hard on us, life is hard on us. We need to give ourselves a break sometimes and not be quite so hard on ourselves for not getting everything done. Do what you can, and hopefully you will be able to do a little more than that next week. Remember our changes are baby steps towards a healthier goal not giant leaps to instantaneous change.

Tortoise and the Hare, we are the tortoise. We'll get there (where ever that is). Pep talk done off to walk on the treadmill. The walk outside with the dog was actually quite pleasant until I turned around to come home. Even a slight wind can be bitter at -23C.

Think it's time for me to remind us all (yes, me included!) not to break our entire set of dishes when we slip and drop one on the floor!!!
Sweep up the pieces and move on. I have to remind myself constantly that it's a life style change, it took my entire life to develop these habits, they ain't gonna change overnight!

Another Corelle white dish person here,,they clean well in the dishwasher too.
Today I decided to up my steps from 6000 to 7000 :tilt: so far so good. I know if I go too fast.... too high.... it will upset the knee leg,,so baby steps.
March / Spring Break trip coming up soon....................
:dogdance: I snagged a
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room Tea Experience
9:45 AM - Special treat for my trip but I also have a Soarin FP+ for 9 am,,,do you think I'll have time to do the ride and hike over to Rose & Crown?.
Getting more active these past 6 weeks is definitely going to help my park touring.
More snow on it's way for tomorrow so I will be dancing my day away.....
Hugs
Mel

Here is Disney Food Blog Review on the Tea experience
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-experience-at-epcots-rose-crown-dining-room/

Last edited:
Reality is you probably don't need the 9am FP. The past few time we've gone it has been a walk on (little wait) for the first half hour or so. If it was me I might even push doing it once standby and then a second time FP. I love Soarin. You can judge that one the day of. Do you have to be at Rose and Crown 15 minutes early or anything?

I'm so jealous of the Tea Experience. I have a hard enough time getting DH to go with me to Disney there is no way I could get him to do tea as well (unless they offered a "pub experience" at the same time?

Glad to hear you're upping your steps. You could go with and increase of 500 at a time if you're worried about your knee.

I was so tired when I got home from my marathon shopping trip I didn't get a walk on Buzz in today. I kept criss crossing the stores this morning as I was strategically adding things to my cart. That and I'm not a get up at 6am kind of person.

Another Corelle white dish person here,,they clean well in the dishwasher too.
Today I decided to up my steps from 6000 to 7000 :tilt: so far so good. I know if I go too fast.... too high.... it will upset the knee leg,,so baby steps.
March / Spring Break trip coming up soon....................
:dogdance: I snagged a
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room Tea Experience
9:45 AM - Special treat for my trip but I also have a Soarin FP+ for 9 am,,,do you think I'll have time to do the ride and hike over to Rose & Crown?.
Getting more active these past 6 weeks is definitely going to help my park touring.
More snow on it's way for tomorrow so I will be dancing my day away.....
Hugs
Mel

Here is Disney Food Blog Review on the Tea experience
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...-experience-at-epcots-rose-crown-dining-room/
My knee is why I moved my steps back to 5500. I'm thinking, since I've been feeling pretty good (no cane! YEAH), I will soon move it up to 6000. Definitely come Spring! Slowly she goes.
Hubby and I are s-l-o-w walkers, and even we would be able to manage a 9:00 Soarin' FP followed by the Tea. (I'm not familiar with that, so need to look it up). BTW, I really am glad that I used the cane in December. It really helped to support my knee and hips. Have an AWESOME time! Take each day as it comes.

Reality is you probably don't need the 9am FP. The past few time we've gone it has been a walk on (little wait) for the first half hour or so. If it was me I might even push doing it once standby and then a second time FP. I love Soarin. You can judge that one the day of. Do you have to be at Rose and Crown 15 minutes early or anything?

I'm so jealous of the Tea Experience. I have a hard enough time getting DH to go with me to Disney there is no way I could get him to do tea as well (unless they offered a "pub experience" at the same time?

Glad to hear you're upping your steps. You could go with and increase of 500 at a time if you're worried about your knee.

I was so tired when I got home from my marathon shopping trip I didn't get a walk on Buzz in today. I kept criss crossing the stores this morning as I was strategically adding things to my cart. That and I'm not a get up at 6am kind of person.

I am going to see if I can change the FP+ to a little later,,because you are right they ask that people arrive 15 minutes early.
A good cup of tea and a scone is a great way to start the day! Thanks Hon.
I did the Blue Friday and found myself doing the same thing,,skipping isles and then backtracking--but it was good for an extra few steps.
6 am--the things we do for airmiles,,lol.
Hugs to you
Mel

My knee is why I moved my steps back to 5500. I'm thinking, since I've been feeling pretty good (no cane! YEAH), I will soon move it up to 6000. Definitely come Spring! Slowly she goes.
Hubby and I are s-l-o-w walkers, and even we would be able to manage a 9:00 Soarin' FP followed by the Tea. (I'm not familiar with that, so need to look it up). BTW, I really am glad that I used the cane in December. It really helped to support my knee and hips. Have an AWESOME time! Take each day as it comes.

I could always say I didn't know about the 15 minutes,,lol. I know I can walk the route in 10 minutes or so..... well if I can't change the FP+ I'll just give it a go and see what happens.
YEAH no cane!!! so happy for you Hon.Take things slow and steady,,,yes Spring can't come soon enough.
Hugs To you
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter