The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

the-comeback-is-always-stronger-than-the-setback-if-you-24914115.png

I fell off the wagon .........back on now.
Blood test showed NO (H. pylori) bacteria . YEAH!!!!
I apparently have quite a large Hiatal Hernia that is causing a ton of eating --digesting-nutrition issues. I am now armed with good information (Dr) and am going to attack the problems.
I met my goal for steps yesterday and today.
My youngest and middle son are encouraging me with the steps and I am going to buy an umbrella (Rexall) this weekend so no excuses if it rains.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Hugs
Mel

Glad to her that you got to the bottom of it. One step at a time with your changes. Come the end of the school year you'll be a whole new person.

My two DS's have finally finished all their exams. DS3 and I take off for Universal on Monday. He is waiting for the college to do the paperwork on an exemption for a course they couldn't offer (the replacement course was their suggestion so they better process the paperwork in time). He has a government job lined up he just needs to graduate before they can do the paperwork and offer him the job. In the meantime he is working for them full-time.

I so want all this waiting to be over. I want to be able to graduate from being the nagging mom (that's never going to happen). Oh well. I need to remind myself baby steps. All the little ducks are in a row just waiting to cross the finish line. That can't be soon enough for me. Probably a good thing I'm away from my computer next week. It will all be resolved when we return.

On the exercise front I have been keeping up with my daily walks. Outside with the dog then inside on the treadmill. Next week I can add swimming to that list. It is so damp and cold here today I don't even want to look outside. And it's supposed to snow again tonight. The snow won't stay but I don't want to see it come down from the sky. I'm so done with winter. I want tulips already!

Glad to her that you got to the bottom of it. One step at a time with your changes. Come the end of the school year you'll be a whole new person.

My two DS's have finally finished all their exams. DS3 and I take off for Universal on Monday. He is waiting for the college to do the paperwork on an exemption for a course they couldn't offer (the replacement course was their suggestion so they better process the paperwork in time). He has a government job lined up he just needs to graduate before they can do the paperwork and offer him the job. In the meantime he is working for them full-time.

I so want all this waiting to be over. I want to be able to graduate from being the nagging mom (that's never going to happen). Oh well. I need to remind myself baby steps. All the little ducks are in a row just waiting to cross the finish line. That can't be soon enough for me. Probably a good thing I'm away from my computer next week. It will all be resolved when we return.

On the exercise front I have been keeping up with my daily walks. Outside with the dog then inside on the treadmill. Next week I can add swimming to that list. It is so damp and cold here today I don't even want to look outside. And it's supposed to snow again tonight. The snow won't stay but I don't want to see it come down from the sky. I'm so done with winter. I want tulips already!

Hi Hon
You are almost over the finish line Hon,,,few more baby steps.......
Hugs to you
579c852588bb515b7c9d365eee7430ac.jpg

You are going to have an awesome time at Universal!
Ryan and I did a mom and son trip there last year and it was so good!(Harry Potter fans here).
Take time to soak up the warmth and sunshine and please relax,,all will be well at home.
Hugs
Mel

Thank you. I will be warm :worship:, I will be warm :worship: on Monday (hot flashes don't count). And hopefully the tulips will be blooming when I get home.

I am loving the weather today! Kiddo is off with his friends, I've already taken pup for two walks, plan another after dinner. Finally! And I just got a new exercise bike from TSC, I put it together myself :) It's very quiet to ride so I'll be able to do it in front of the TV, and there is an app you can download with some classes to watch, which I will look into at some point :)

Managed to do pretty well with my steps, even though work has been really irritating me. And the weather was crappy a couple times. I missed the morning on Wednesday taking kiddo to the doctor to get evaluated for a concussion since he fell off a trampoline and landed on his back/head. I believe he's back over there now. What a kid. Any way! Working on an eating plan, that is the hardest part for me right now. I need something easy, that doesn't require a lot of cooking, and I can pack easily for lunch. I need a plan! But also it would be nice to just have someone say "eat this" and bonus if they cook it for me lol. I'll figure it out. 112 days to Disney!

So DH managed to break the belt on my treadmill while I was away. I'm forced to walk outside at the moment. Good thing the weather is nice. We should have a new belt and a technician to install it in a week or so.

I may start stress eating or take up drinking again before I get finished with DS3 and his graduation. It took the college 5 weeks to process and exemption but finally they did. He took 3 other courses this term and two courses posted their grades on time. The 3rd course was missing in action. He contacted his teacher while we were in Florida and she said it was a Registrars Office issue. He called the Registrars and they said they had issues with a few courses not reporting and that they were looking into it. The grade finally posted two days ago (5 days late)

This is the week that the powers that be make graduation decisions. I decided to check his account to see if anything had popped up yet. No so I started poking around the grades section of his account. Buried in amongst the reports was a "Student Grad Validation Report that lists all the courses required and those that have been completed. I read it and there is one gaping hole in his record. (Ok its a small hole but size doesn't matter one of his courses, according to the computer system, hasn't been completed). Major meltdown at my end.

The course in question Finance. He was in Accounting and took Finance for Finance majors. The program he switched into only required Finance for non-finance majors. One course 2304 the other 2305. He had two different Academic Advisors review his courses over the last year to make sure he had all required courses. No one ever mentioned anything about this course needing a course transfer of credit or anything like that. Now days away from the graduation deadline we find out this may be an issue. His current Academic Advisor is away from the internet at the moment and will look into it as soon as she gets online. I mean REALLY!. What else can go wrong with getting this kid through school.

Drinking is looking better and better.

Thanks for letting me vent.

So DH managed to break the belt on my treadmill while I was away. I'm forced to walk outside at the moment. Good thing the weather is nice. We should have a new belt and a technician to install it in a week or so.

I may start stress eating or take up drinking again before I get finished with DS3 and his graduation. It took the college 5 weeks to process and exemption but finally they did. He took 3 other courses this term and two courses posted their grades on time. The 3rd course was missing in action. He contacted his teacher while we were in Florida and she said it was a Registrars Office issue. He called the Registrars and they said they had issues with a few courses not reporting and that they were looking into it. The grade finally posted two days ago (5 days late)

This is the week that the powers that be make graduation decisions. I decided to check his account to see if anything had popped up yet. No so I started poking around the grades section of his account. Buried in amongst the reports was a "Student Grad Validation Report that lists all the courses required and those that have been completed. I read it and there is one gaping hole in his record. (Ok its a small hole but size doesn't matter one of his courses, according to the computer system, hasn't been completed). Major meltdown at my end.

The course in question Finance. He was in Accounting and took Finance for Finance majors. The program he switched into only required Finance for non-finance majors. One course 2304 the other 2305. He had two different Academic Advisors review his courses over the last year to make sure he had all required courses. No one ever mentioned anything about this course needing a course transfer of credit or anything like that. Now days away from the graduation deadline we find out this may be an issue. His current Academic Advisor is away from the internet at the moment and will look into it as soon as she gets online. I mean REALLY!. What else can go wrong with getting this kid through school.

Vent away hon,,,and have a drink or two.(Yop protein shakes are on sale with airmiles attached):)
It amazes me with all the Tech support College/Universities have they still fall behind in reporting and posting grades.
Now take some deep breaths and it's time to say *Well Done Mom* you did it and everything is going to be ok.
I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything gets straightened out PDQ!!!(Pretty Damn Quick!!!!
Hugs to you hon!!
Mel

That sounds crazy! How is it so complicated? That sounds like it should straight forward, Finance is Finance. I hope you get it all sorted out soon! And I hope your treadmill gets fixed up soon.

I've been walking outside and getting my steps in. Not looking forward to the rain tomorrow but I guess that's why I got the exercise bike so I'll be using it tomorrow.

I've been eating better the past few days though I just got two cookies at McDonalds for Happy meal day? Any way. They were yummy. At least tomorrow is a new day!

The stupid f***ing saga continues. On the positive from the new track for my treadmill arrived so I will call and get the tech to install it.

College front. DS contacted his course co-ordinator about the missing course. She agreed that the one he took would qualify as credit for the one he need. All is good. No mention of needing to apply for course exemption.

I'm still not seeing anything in his record and I don't trust that it will all work out so out comes helicopter mom (DS is too frustrated by all that has transpired and he's at work). I call the registrars get the "you've got to talk to this person" run around. Call that person and they don't answer their phone you've got to email them. I keep at it until I finally got a live person. Start explaining things and she says she has to see if she can talk to me. To which I say. You can't, but just listen to what I have to say and you can respond to DS via email. She actually spoke with me after I explained things and turns out DS does need to do and exemption request. We could have done that a year ago if anyone had told him it would be necessary.

I told her I would do that immediately after we finished our conversation. She said she would speak with the exemption person about keeping and eye out for it and expediting it for approval (back to the course co-ordinator). The person I spoke with also happens to be the person who pulls together all the graduation info and enters it into the system. DS is on her radar now and she will make sure that he graduates. Finally I may be seeing the end of this.:worship::worship::genie:

It truly shouldn't be this difficult.

Final update. That has to be a speed record for processing an exemption. Submitted the paperwork at 11:50 just looked at DS account again at 1:50 and the exemption has been processed. All is now good, all I had to do was a stress eating binge at McDonalds. (Wasn't that bad Junior McChicken and a small fries). Thanks for cheering me on gang.

Correction: just snooped in DS email. It took 1hr for them to process the exemption. They must have known attack helicopter mom was coming in for the kill :P

Last edited:
Final update. That has to be a speed record for processing an exemption. Submitted the paperwork at 11:50 just looked at DS account again at 1:50 and the exemption has been processed. All is now good, all I had to do was a stress eating binge at McDonalds. (Wasn't that bad Junior McChicken and a small fries). Thanks for cheering me on gang.

Well Hon that was a Binge worthy cause!
I am so happy you were able to gets things organized,,you are a great Mom!
Hugs
Mel
upload_2019-5-9_15-0-46.jpeg
and his special MOM!!!!

@ottawamom way to go!!!!!! It is a daily struggle in our household as well...but my son is still in HS. The youngest, I never have to worry about missing anything...he completes all his assignments. Seriously...he eaves everything until the last minute and pull through...but geeze :scared1: my hair turns more grey with each semester. He won't be going to college or university in the fall, but hoping to get in on second semester as he has another big surgery this summer which will hinder him being able to start in the fall. Crossing my fingers he pulls it off. His marks going into exams first semester were horrendous and he came with honors :eek: This semester is shaping up to be the same...giving this momma more grey hair and binge eating :sad2:

checking in on everyone to see how spring is going! we’ve had much better weather, which makes it so much easier to get out and be active!

this past month has been a wild one for me. we bought a house, moved in, and celebrated my baby’s (eeeek—toddlers!) first birthday. because of everything, i’ve been moving a ton. my activity level is way up, and i hope it’s something i can sustain even with the boxes gone.

food has been a challenge, though. with everything in boxes and a thousand things to do, we’ve been ordering a lot more takeout than usual. we have a backyard now, and i’m really excited to get a grill and cook outside through the summer. our kiddo basically eats what we eat these days, which motivates me to make really solid meals.

my proudest food prep this month: i made my kiddos first birthday cake. it was awesome. the batter called for lots of yogurt and eggs, and it was only slightly sweet. and instead of a sugary frosting, i made whipped cream with berries. he loved it, the adults at the party loved it...all around success!

i hope everyone else is looking forward to summertime and some warm walks :) don’t forget to celebrate your victories, and treat yourself with kindness if things have been rougher.

The tech arrived to fix the treadmill the other day (under warranty). It was quite a job to remove the old belt and put a new one on. He basically took the whole thing apart. I now know what it looks like on the inside. He also trained us in how to lube the belt (every 4-6 months). This information was not well spelled out in the manual so we wouldn't have known.

New information in hand and a brand new belt I'm off to the races again.

@marchinstar it's exciting to be moving in to your first house. Take you time doing things when the "we should do this and this and this" stage hits. You'll be there for years and it will all get done eventually. I work on a project or two each year. Enjoy this time with your son. They grow up way too fast. My baby just finished college and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

Under the weather for a bit,,,trying to get the Blood Pressure to come down. We are not sure what is causing it,,,155/95.
Today it is finally down to 130 /93. My thyroid medication is too high so we are lowering that.
No more Advil products--switched to Tylenol.
Treated for a sinus infection and also put on Symbicort to help my lungs decongest.
I am only averaging 4,000 to 5,000 steps a day but it's better than nothing till I feel better.
Work has settled down and we are now in the countdown to the end of school.

Heather congrats on the new car Hon!
Ottawamom your life is just beginning,,take time to savour your accomplishments !
Marchingstar congrats on the new home Hon! The first cake is the one you'll always remember!
Pumpkin my youngest gave me grey hairs but is now one of my best friends,,,,Hugs to youHon!
Jacqueline any mini staycations planned for the summer?,,hugs Hon!

Well off for an afternoon siesta,,
Hugs
Mel

Still getting my steps in, that part seems to be easier. Life at home has been stressful, I've packed up the xbox and put it away. This lead to kiddo wanting to go for a bike ride last night with me! I'll take it, got lots of steps, it was kind of chilly, dog was happy though. We went after we picked up the new car (which is awesome) so puppy had been in his crate longer than usual. Hoping to get out today but the landlord is coming to see the broken garage door opener, and not sure when he'll actually show up. Hopefully we get another good walk in though.

Glad to see others are still moving along :) Hoping for nice weather this weekend, I want to get us out and about so there is less temptation on that darn machine.

@marchinstar it's exciting to be moving in to your first house. Take you time doing things when the "we should do this and this and this" stage hits. You'll be there for years and it will all get done eventually. I work on a project or two each year. Enjoy this time with your son. They grow up way too fast. My baby just finished college and now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

thanks, ottawamom! i already feel like i can’t believe how much my kiddo has grown. as for the house—i appreciate the advice! there’s nothing major that needs to be done (with a small kid, we couldn’t take on major reno’s), but there are tons of projects we want to get done. it’s easy to just see the opportunities, so the reminder to enjoy is really helpful :)

Marchingstar congrats on the new home Hon! The first cake is the one you'll always remember!

Thanks, mel! I think you’re right :) and i’m really glad your health is improving! Remember, there’s no rush or race. Getting your BP down sounds like a major win.

and congrats on the new car, hdrolfe! I think I saw somewhere that it’s orange? I love it!

I'd say this will be a quick pop in but we all know I have trouble with being "quick" :P but I have a lot to share. If this is annoying to you just scroll past!

I wish i had the mental energy to deal with everything that's been mentioned here but that's not happening so please excuse me if i miss anyone in my comments:

New house -- OH WOW! that is such an exciting point in your lives, one of those things that gives you high scores on the stress scale if you keep track of that. You can put all the "moving" into the win column for activity, so many steps & lifting. I agree with whoever said take time to enjoy the here & now of your new dwelling before you tackle any projects that you see needing to be done. Unless you bought a house that needs serious renovations you must have liked the way it currently looks or you wouldn't have signed your lives away :rotfl2: Take time to explore your new neighbourhoods, mark out some good walking routes and find those out of the way surprises that will make you love it more.

New car -- also exciting. Frederick is a year old and it still feels like we're driving a new car. Only occasionally will we catch a faint whiff of that "new car" smell and since hubby enjoys the thrill of "parking lot stalking" there's already a ding in one door. (We drive a Honda Fit, old one was Fred but this new one is so much more sophisticated what with all the electronic trappings, fancy-pants paint trim and seat warmers Frederick is more fitting)

New health DX,-- at least you have a starting point and some hope of better health ahead. I went to see the GI Dr last week and got a new thing to add to my list of ailments. It seems I have Intestinal Migraines, who knew that is even a thing?!?!? Not thrilled with the meds he gave me to "try" and as yet I haven't even opened the bottles ( i want to ask my psychiatrist before i start taking benzos again, URGH) I have a CT scan scheduled for Wednesday to see if there's anything else going on, was supposed to be on Friday but i asked to change the date so i didn't miss my Toronto date, (I'll explain why next) and the receptionist wasn't happy because apparently it's more "urgent" than the Dr led me to believe. I have to do the stupid prep to clean the bowels out on Tuesday, oh joy

How on earth did that baby boy turn 1 already?!?! I love the sound of that cake, it's what my son often requested when he was younger but after taking him to Raglan Road for his 30th 2 years ago he asked for Sticky Toffee Pudding the last couple of years :eek:

OK, me? Life is still upside down regarding my stupid parents and how they are handling Long Term Care placement for my dad, the stress I'm dealing with over that is over the top. PLEASE, if you have family members close to this point in their lives (or you care about this for yourself even) do the research NOW to find out what your options are and what you all want to happen, don't leave it till the 11th hour and find out that too many things weren't dealt with in time. I went for my May Weigh In (still do that monthly at what is now called WW) and that marked 11 years at goal, go me! Feels good to know I've done that for myself. I'm doing my best to stay active but the last couple of weeks self-care has been more important and that means lots of blanket forting while clutching the remotes.

FINALLY, here's an answer to are we planning any "staycations" I wanted to see Endgame in IMAX 3D since it was filmed in that format, I want to get the full experience. I had planned on seeing it in Toronto LAST week after one of my treatments since hubby doesn't care for the whole superhero stuff but yet another blip with my parents threw me under the bus and I didn't get finished watching ALL of the previous movies in time (yes, I am "that" person) . So i figured ok, i would go yesterday, that was until Wednesday morning when the tickets went on sale and John Wick is now playing in IMAX as well URGH, wasn't possible to see it and get home before 11 pm. I pouted and complained to hubby and he suggested looking for it playing in London this weekend and finding a reasonably priced hotel. POOF, booked one thru the Airmiles portal on Hotels . com earned my 100 miles and one more night towards my free one!! He'll drop me off at the theatre and then go check into the hotel and work since that's all he'd be doing here anyway. I LOVE MY MAN!

See?!?! Told you all I can't be quick

I'd say this will be a quick pop in but we all know I have trouble with being "quick" :P but I have a lot to share. If this is annoying to you just scroll past!

I wish i had the mental energy to deal with everything that's been mentioned here but that's not happening so please excuse me if i miss anyone in my comments:

New house -- OH WOW! that is such an exciting point in your lives, one of those things that gives you high scores on the stress scale if you keep track of that. You can put all the "moving" into the win column for activity, so many steps & lifting. I agree with whoever said take time to enjoy the here & now of your new dwelling before you tackle any projects that you see needing to be done. Unless you bought a house that needs serious renovations you must have liked the way it currently looks or you wouldn't have signed your lives away :rotfl2: Take time to explore your new neighbourhoods, mark out some good walking routes and find those out of the way surprises that will make you love it more.

New car -- also exciting. Frederick is a year old and it still feels like we're driving a new car. Only occasionally will we catch a faint whiff of that "new car" smell and since hubby enjoys the thrill of "parking lot stalking" there's already a ding in one door. (We drive a Honda Fit, old one was Fred but this new one is so much more sophisticated what with all the electronic trappings, fancy-pants paint trim and seat warmers Frederick is more fitting)

New health DX,-- at least you have a starting point and some hope of better health ahead. I went to see the GI Dr last week and got a new thing to add to my list of ailments. It seems I have Intestinal Migraines, who knew that is even a thing?!?!? Not thrilled with the meds he gave me to "try" and as yet I haven't even opened the bottles ( i want to ask my psychiatrist before i start taking benzos again, URGH) I have a CT scan scheduled for Wednesday to see if there's anything else going on, was supposed to be on Friday but i asked to change the date so i didn't miss my Toronto date, (I'll explain why next) and the receptionist wasn't happy because apparently it's more "urgent" than the Dr led me to believe. I have to do the stupid prep to clean the bowels out on Tuesday, oh joy

How on earth did that baby boy turn 1 already?!?! I love the sound of that cake, it's what my son often requested when he was younger but after taking him to Raglan Road for his 30th 2 years ago he asked for Sticky Toffee Pudding the last couple of years :eek:

OK, me? Life is still upside down regarding my stupid parents and how they are handling Long Term Care placement for my dad, the stress I'm dealing with over that is over the top. PLEASE, if you have family members close to this point in their lives (or you care about this for yourself even) do the research NOW to find out what your options are and what you all want to happen, don't leave it till the 11th hour and find out that too many things weren't dealt with in time. I went for my May Weigh In (still do that monthly at what is now called WW) and that marked 11 years at goal, go me! Feels good to know I've done that for myself. I'm doing my best to stay active but the last couple of weeks self-care has been more important and that means lots of blanket forting while clutching the remotes.

FINALLY, here's an answer to are we planning any "staycations" I wanted to see Endgame in IMAX 3D since it was filmed in that format, I want to get the full experience. I had planned on seeing it in Toronto LAST week after one of my treatments since hubby doesn't care for the whole superhero stuff but yet another blip with my parents threw me under the bus and I didn't get finished watching ALL of the previous movies in time (yes, I am "that" person) . So i figured ok, i would go yesterday, that was until Wednesday morning when the tickets went on sale and John Wick is now playing in IMAX as well URGH, wasn't possible to see it and get home before 11 pm. I pouted and complained to hubby and he suggested looking for it playing in London this weekend and finding a reasonably priced hotel. POOF, booked one thru the Airmiles portal on Hotels . com earned my 100 miles and one more night towards my free one!! He'll drop me off at the theatre and then go check into the hotel and work since that's all he'd be doing here anyway. I LOVE MY MAN!

See?!?! Told you all I can't be quick

I could go on and on but just wanted to say
I adore you!
Hugs
Mel

You are juggling a lot of different balls at the moment. Take all the time you need for "you". The medical issues will be diagnosed and will eventually be under control. Step by step you'll get there. Until then, take care of yourself. pixiedust: coming your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter