The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
The Dis is headed back to Europe, only this time we are going to Italy.

We will be participating in the Viva Italia Adventure from May 24th - June 3rd 2012.

The cost of this Adventure is as follows:

$4489 per person, based on double occupancy

$4269 for children

$6289 for single travelers.

This Adventure includes 3 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Tuscany and 2 nights in Venice.

You can view the full itinerary here:

http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/destination?name=RomeTuscanyVeniceLandingPage

If you would like to join us for this amazing Adventure, you can do that here:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/abd_input_pc.cfm

Joining us so far...

MattinCanberra - Matt
Chropistopy - Christy
Jwren1234 - Jason
apurplebrat - Karen
Kaye - Karen's Mom
Stenogodess - Lauren
Jeri - Lauren's husband
Circusgirl - Heather
Tardis1029 -John
NYC MM - Micki
jcb - Jack
Cathie - Jack's wife
Corky441 - Marilee
Dino - Marilee's husband
DSNYDREAMER - Tracey
Slapwhitey - Chris
skunkvette - Frank
2vettecool - Cathy
tinkerbell1003 - Lisa
Mario
James
Daniel
Patty
Trish
DisneyKevin - Kevin
WebmasterJohn- John
WebmasterPete - Pete
AKAScar - Walter

Want to add your name to the list?

If you have any questions, please write to Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Certainly looking like a London/Paris reunion...where's the rest of the bunch? :)

Looking forward to traveling with everyone again!

Certainly looking like a London/Paris reunion...where's the rest of the bunch? :)

Looking forward to traveling with everyone again!

I'm RIGHT HERE! Gah! You're all killing me! :sad2:

I posted this on the Unplugged front page sticky, but I'm saying it here. I'm going to WDW and DCL a week and a half prior to this trip, with my 2012 to be completely ABD-less. I said that WDW and a Disney Cruise became a consolation prize. :rotfl2:

And these dates are not working well with my month-end work schedule, so I probably couldn't have gone. I very well COULD take the October re-do of Knights/Lights with the dates, but again, I have my 2012 plans made.

I'll have to check back in 2013. :thumbsup2

We're going to Italy!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I'm so super-duper, over the moon, crazy excited!!!! And, you know, Jeri will get excited after we get on the plane. Or actually after we get on the plane and he takes a nap, but then I promise he'll be excited! :laughing:

I already got my ABD paperwork. Just about the only time filling out forms is exciting.

Hellos and massive hugs to everyone! And a big super hug to Heather because my photography stress just dropped by half knowing she'll be right next to me getting even better pictures. Still using this as an excuse to buy a wide angle lens though. :woohoo:

Item 1: Fill out ABD forms
Item 2: Renew Jeri's passport
Item 3: Check/book/stress over plane fare
Item 4: Calm the heck down!
Item 5: Peer pressure several people not yet on the list into getting on the list.

Maybe Item 1 should be calm down?

I'm attempting to learn some Italian, here's what I've learned so far :)

May I have a gelato? = Posso avere un gelato?

One bellini please = Un bellini prego.

Jason

We just pulled into SSR. This is the life. DTD with friends for dinner. Vacation is officially on!!!

Jason

It's important to have "survival" phrases.

It looks like you are set. ;)

Jason

I was just thinking about that...you, me, Karen, and Kaye need to get a Bellini together in Italy.

It's important to have "survival" phrases.

It looks like you are set. ;)

I like to be prepared :thumbsup2

We just pulled into SSR. This is the life. DTD with friends for dinner. Vacation is officially on!!!

Have a great trip!

I was just thinking about that...you, me, Karen, and Kaye need to get a Bellini together in Italy.

That sounds like a great idea! I wonder if the Bellinis change color in Italy :)

Jason as our leader you are off to a great start!

Between the pizza, pasta, gelato, wine and bellinis, this is going to be some trip!

Jason

I am disappointed to report that the Faberge Egg display at the Vatican will be over by the time we get to Rome...

This sounds like a great trip! My husband and I will be cruising around Italy in May, but the cruise ends in Venice on May 30. It looks like that's the date your group will arrive in Venice, so it's possible we may cross paths with some DISers if we spend our last day in Venice.

I found the travel blog below that has some useful information about traveling to Rome / Europe. Some of it seems obvious but could be used as a good check list.

http://www.roninrome.com/traveling-in-europe/what-should-you-do-at-home-before-coming-to-rome-italy-and-europe

Thank you for posting this! I've bookmarked the site...I will referring to it a lot over the coming months. I really liked the detailed description on how to navigate the airport in Rome.

Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!