The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Yesterday we took the AJ’s sunset dolphin cruise aboard SeaQuest.
8E42A9A3-C650-4645-8B58-34F7EC093EEF.jpeg

Sorry for the sideways pictures.
It is a 2 hour cruise on a 1000 hp boat.
The first hour was spent cruising around the Destin harbor learning of the history and looking for dolphins.
24B525E0-EE9F-4757-9392-96F2AD8234AC.jpeg

The second hour was spent at high speed in the Gulf.
There is a 2 drink complementary limit, but you could bring a drink on that you started on the dock. It was a real party on the boat.

AE5548E6-F2EF-4D26-A6E5-A93C1C67CEA5.jpeg

Once we turned back around they let the kids drive.

01D09CE3-EA3F-4ECF-8847-DBC3E6AF450F.jpeg

Kids being defined as anybody who hasn’t been drinking.

Then came the sun set.

A2504464-A9C7-46D6-865F-188D6093430F.jpeg

8EE980C9-0696-4D3A-9D97-AB66E6E76625.jpeg

It was a great time and experience.
DW wants a boat now, we will see how that turns out.

And if you let the crew take a picture of you, this is a great pic that you end up with.

50D13F5C-B684-4C99-B131-6C1D5705B5A1.jpeg

Again, sorry for the side ways pics.

August? You're a brave man, Gunga Din! :scared: ...

Keep your eyes open at the end of 1st quarter next year for the August resort-only discounts...

Bama Ed

@mickeyfan0805 WDW in July/August tips. Cooling towels, buy good ones and use them! We all brought insulated water bottles and just asked for cups of water to refill them once we finished what be brought. Animal Kingdom has the least amount of AC, plan an early day for that one to beat the heat. We also found that the 2-3pm thunderstorm is a good time to head back to the RV for a few hours to recharge and go back in the evening. (I think this is still possible under the current park reservation system.)

Yep - sadly, we've become increasingly familiar with summers at Disney. Once the kids got into middle school, off-season trips were no longer an issue. DW and I both have jobs that make holiday breaks a no-go for travel. So, it was summers or nothing. We've done July and August and manage reasonably well. We take it slow and don't usually do marathon days. I was actually surprised, in 2018, as we did some of the longest days ever, as a family (including open to close at MK on our last day). We'll see where things are with masks at that point, as that might slow us down a bit more.

Ed - thanks for the heads up on the discount. I'll watch what happens in the spring. Right now we have a package in order to have park reservations in place. I'm hoping that by spring things will shift enough for summer planning that we can move to room only, by UT tickets, and then bridge those to AP's. Only time will tell.

Good news is that park hopping is returning after the first of the year. So you will be able to park hop subject to capacity limits.

I was thrilled to see that shift. Now to open up AP's again!

Well my week ended on a terrible note. Was at work yesterday and some fellas dog ran under my work truck resulting in the dog being killed. Everyone who witnessed it said it was not my fault and nothing I could do. But being a dog lover, my heart still breaks and is heavy.

Wow - so sorry. That's miserable. Regardless of fault, I can't imagine how that weighs on your hearts. Peace, friend!

@mickeyfan0805 My wife being a teacher does limit our chances to go during the school year. Though have to say after going for our Honeymoon over new years we still had an absolute blast. Having gone enough and knowing we will go back helped a lot. It was fun to take in the side shows and acts. I think that is what I will miss most till WDW gets all their performers back.

@PaHunter That sucks and you are right, no matter if it was avoidable I am sure it feels horrible.

I am with others, I am looking forward to the AP sales restarting. We finally will have DVC points to use come December, so we might just plan an extra trip before the end of 2021. We will see for sure, and I as I read I get hopeful on all the research being done for not just vaccination, and also treatment improvements.

We are planning 2021 in full swing now. We gave the Girls the gift of 12 different family experiences to celebrate our first year as a blended family. We had to shelve most of them all year. So I think we are going to just do it all again for 2021, I just booked our Mothers day weekend trip to Luray and this time I hope we are not in some pandemic shut down.

Yesterday we took the AJ’s sunset dolphin cruise aboard SeaQuest.
View attachment 539739

Sorry for the sideways pictures.
It is a 2 hour cruise on a 1000 hp boat.
The first hour was spent cruising around the Destin harbor learning of the history and looking for dolphins.
View attachment 539745

The second hour was spent at high speed in the Gulf.
There is a 2 drink complementary limit, but you could bring a drink on that you started on the dock. It was a real party on the boat.

View attachment 539742

Once we turned back around they let the kids drive.

View attachment 539743

Kids being defined as anybody who hasn’t been drinking.

Then came the sun set.

View attachment 539740

View attachment 539741

It was a great time and experience.
DW wants a boat now, we will see how that turns out.

And if you let the crew take a picture of you, this is a great pic that you end up with.

View attachment 539750

Again, sorry for the side ways pics.

That's a nice picture of you and the Mrs, Vince. Ed

A remodel update because the contractor called yesterday. So last week on Wednesday the shower door was to be installed and then end of week they were to finish up the rework (drywall and paint) for the dryer vent fix. Contractor called looking for bedroom paint, it’s in the storage unit so we will handle it. Then he drops the next bomb. No idea what happened but trying to install shower door they broke a floor tile. Contractor came in and replaced it so now shower door to be installed on Monday.

I was so hoping I would return to an almost complete but completely usable bathroom and nope. Next week shower door and maybe the cabinet piece will be in.

i keep reminding myself we still have to do the kitchen.

Kris as a runner I am surprised that you have failed to recognize that Bert is doing the all important WARM UP so he is ready and safe for the main event

Kris as a runner I am surprised that you have failed to recognize that Bert is doing the all important WARM UP so he is ready and safe for the main event
Yeah warm up. Funny. while he napped I got my run in and a shower. I will give him credit though, he is about to run, while I watch the dog show.

I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. I managed to stay offline most of the weekend. Lots of quality time with the wife and decorating.

And yummy, yummy leftovers.

Well, we bit the Solo Stove bullet. I've been ogling them from afar for quite awhile. A recent YouTube video touting that they don't smoke much sparked something inside of my cold natured, but smoke smell, adverse DW. Merry Christmas to us!

Pretty decent deals on their site if you're interested.

For the guys to help grunt at, this weekend I picked up a new chain saw. My clearance buy 18" 42cc poulan chainsaw blew up last month in the middle of dropping a dead tree on the property. It has seen a lot of work over the 4 years I owned it between the old houses pine deadfall and the track. It was never the best but did an pretty good job when I had less trees and property.

It's replacement might be a little bit of overkill, but why not go big. I picked up a Echo CS-590 with a 20" bar, with a 59cc engine it is a beast of a cutting machine...insert tim taylor grunts.

It was a great deal over a Stihl for the power, plus cam with 3 extra chains which is a nice bonus.

I still have some dead trees to drop and tree that the woodpeckers have been beating up on that must have died this past year. At least I will have tons of firepit wood for myself. This beast is going to make that fun work, and will be useful at the track when we do have to deal with a tree fall or a car that launches into the wood.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter