The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Thanks Jim and Michael. Will look for the adhesive remover. We do wrap it with Coban but the top and bottom get the sticky stuff like Jim mentioned. The bottom is not so bad, it's the top at the shoulder and we need the sticky to keep the bandage up. Like I said stitches busted and I was not surprised. I thought the staples would be fine but after a week it opened again. We are on something called wet bandage. Chlorhexidine pads on it then all kinds of wrap followed by coban and then tape. It is looking better but the tape is causing skin irritation, especially when trying to remove it.

Thanks guys always a wealth of knowledge here.

Should I be concerned that tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and coincidentally the same day as solar eclipse?

Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket and go for the trifecta?

Perfect opportunity for extra points...

"Honey, my love for you shines so bright, people don't need the sun to see it."

j
OHH Good one j. Michael I'll go buy ya one. $610 million we could rent out the whole Fort

We just had the eclipse pass here at work. We are right at the edge of totality. Had about 15 seconds, but still very cool. I was surprised it didn't get dark until a minute of 2 before. It was strange hearing the cicadas come out and all the lights on the hospital really stood out.

7 more years and we get to do it again.

j

We were at 85.6% effect here in Meridian and it really didn't get dark at all, maybe a little crisper shadows but otherwise not overly impressive.

Now, in 2045 we are supposed to be in the path of totality. I just gotta make it that long.

So you can all see our handy work some pics of yeti's bandage that we had to do.

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2711.JPG

We did order the adhesive remover but we tried coban at the top and put the elastikon on top of the coban. As long as it stays in place should be good. @tiggerdad no idea how you handle the ER. I know his wound is really looking better but it is horribly disgusting.

I think it looks pretty professional. Oh the things we do for our pets, gotta love em'.

Biscuits and gravy...

Biscuits and gravy.

Barf!

I promise if I send a pic it will be in PM, no reason to gross everyone out. It's just sad the vet, bert and I all think it looks great but wow I can only handle it a little. Bert has to do the cleaning. I pet his head.

Barf!

I promise if I send a pic it will be in PM, no reason to gross everyone out. It's just sad the vet, bert and I all think it looks great but wow I can only handle it a little. Bert has to do the cleaning. I pet his head.

Ha ha! Bert's the man!

Barf!

Here in Del. we had same as Tiggerdad
Kris all I can say is Suck it up Buttercup! Your Baby needs you so put your big girl running shoes on and get about what needs to be done there will be plenty of time afterwards to void your stomach. Yeti sees you scared and upset he will be too Mommy is cool and calm and making him feel loved he will be too. Lots of love and prayers still headed your way
Check these out on In The Company of Dogs Holistic Hounds CBD dog Treats. They contain flowers from Colorado farm hemp farms and medicinal mushrooms. May not do much for the Rock Stars but under current circumstances mom and dad may want to have a nosh or at least get in touch with their inner Grateful Dead, Dead Head

Last edited:
Nice, inner Dead Head... probably after I use the bandage scissors . Not sure why Kris is so grossed out - after I wrecked a moped (yes, a moped); she had to clean out my wounds and dress them. I took out my elbow there. Now I can add dog leg bandaging to my resume; adding to being able to do a sanitary cut to both male and female dogs. Things I never thought I would learn.

Barf!

I promise if I send a pic it will be in PM, no reason to gross everyone out.

The interwebz thank you.

Bert, I'm trying to talk DW/Lisa into letting me get a Vespa for putzing around town so I can keep the miles off my 200,000+ mile/12 year old Suburban. I haven't got her to go for it yet.

If we could keep your "incident" quiet from her, I could use a little help from you to get the go-ahead from her.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!