The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Speaking of Bama,
We were over in Title Town today visiting family and stopped by for lunch with BamaEd. Gracious host as always (Ed, the mac and cheese and beans were spot on).

Oh yeah, they were having ANOTHER national championship parade and trophy presentation.
IMAG0786.jpg

Pretty weather for first time in long time (coincidence maybe?)

Yeah they handed us another Nattie. Tiggerdad, great to see you and the girls - have a safe trip home. Ed

269_a720180120__ala_fbc_celebration__073__vh.JPG

See that square white tent on lower left? Tiggerdad, his family, and I were just to the right of that somewhere. They estimated 40k folks overall.

DUAwmrMWAAE8n4i

Just another beautiful Saturday in Title Town.

Bama Ed

Found us...
Screenshot_2018-01-22-18-02-11.png

That me in white with my arms crossed. Ed just behind me in gray sweater. My wife, just to our left holding my youngest on her left hip. (You can see Madison's white bow in her hair)
Screenshot_2018-01-22-18-01-56.png

All those times playing Where's Waldo has paid off.

Dang, we look good getting another Championship Trophy, don't we? Actually we picked up three trophies on Saturday: The Sugar Bowl (the curlie-que cup), The Coaches Nattie (the crystal ball), and the CFP Nattie (the tall golden cone).

Iconbow_zps7adb222d.GIF

So many trophies, so little space......

Bama Ed

PS - thanks Michael

PPS - The spring game has been scheduled for Saturday April 21 at 1pm (the "A-Day" game). Hope I can see many of you there. But if not, it will probably be covered again this year live on BSPN (the Bama Sports Programming Network).

PPPS - and that's your DD#1 standing in front of me

Last edited:

Ed that only means the icebreaker had enough free ice free space at the dock to be be able to get away from the dock and clear a lane in the shipping lane

The ice is breaking up. That's a sure sign of spring, snowmedic. :beach:

I wish! For those of us above the Mason-Dixon, we're still in the throws of it. I can't wait until retirement allows us to spend 8 weeks in our camper down south. Unfortunately, that's still more than 20 years off!

On the football front - congrats guys. As a Wisconsin fan, the tail end of the season was a real let-down.

Well,

We are going to do it! I just booked a Disney Double. In 12 days we are arriving at WDW for 9 wonderful days. Then 2 weeks after we get home from WDW, we will be going to Disneyland. Just for a day, but still. I've been to DTD, in Anaheim, 4 times when I was there for conferences, but I couldn't justify the $100+ for an evening just to say I had been to DL. DW has a conference in San Diego and DS and I are going out with her. We will have 2 1/2 days after the conference is over so we decided one of those days will be at DL. Sunday afternoon we'll drive up to Anaheim and spend all day Monday in DL (going to have to pass on DCA) before we head back to San Diego that evening.

Pretty excited. Now I get to read up on everything I can find on DL. If anyone has any advice, let me have it.

j

Well,

We are going to do it! I just booked a Disney Double. In 12 days we are arriving at WDW for 9 wonderful days. Then 2 weeks after w DS and I are going out with her. We will have 2 1/2 days after the conference is over so we decided one of those days will be at DL. Sunday afternoon we'll drive up to Anaheim and spend all day Monday in DL (going to have to pass on DCA) before we head back to San Diego that evening.

Pretty excited. Now I get to read up on everything I can find on DL. If anyone has any advice, let me have it.

j

No "advice" per se, but my about MK there, from Honeymoon there in 2003 and visit on a work related trip maybe around 2010 (just as a "that's cool" observation), is that while there is a lot about it the same, it is very different at the same time....that is what made it very cool and like going to a new place. Many names and ideas behind rides and lands are same, but still unique and different in their own ways. It will be fun! I like the Matterhorn! Monorail there is a different experience....I have visited DTD many times also on work trips without going in. It's fun to walk around there.

Well,

We are going to do it! I just booked a Disney Double. In 12 days we are arriving at WDW for 9 wonderful days. Then 2 weeks after we get home from WDW, we will be going to Disneyland. Just for a day, but still. I've been to DTD, in Anaheim, 4 times when I was there for conferences, but I couldn't justify the $100+ for an evening just to say I had been to DL. DW has a conference in San Diego and DS and I are going out with her. We will have 2 1/2 days after the conference is over so we decided one of those days will be at DL. Sunday afternoon we'll drive up to Anaheim and spend all day Monday in DL (going to have to pass on DCA) before we head back to San Diego that evening.

j

Looking at post date after I replied, it seems you have all ready gone...observations?

We have only completed the first half. We got back from WDW yesterday. We head to San Diego on the 16th Andrew to DL on the 19th. I’ll definitely let you know how it goes.

Now, back to grading finals.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!