The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I read the plot on IMDB. It's also one of the only movies I ever seen get a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not sure how I missed this one. Between watching my dad's Charlie Chan and my mom's John Wayne movies, I thought I had most of these covered. I'm not too much of a movie watcher now, but I may hunt Katie's Sons down.

j
I'ld be real careful about that or they may follow Bud's suggestion and put a horse on your final resting place or worse yet an angel whose finger got shot off and looks like it is waving an angry fist. Look what they did to my fellow Chaminade HS FLYER Curly

I still wish I could find a version that has more content....I remember we had a version that we recorded off TV that had stuff that my DVD version doesn't have....i.e.: Mongo diving for "Spanish balloons?" Is not on my DVD version, but it was on the Television edit. Also, the attack on the fake Rock Ridge has some differences...I am sure there are a bunch of others...maybe it was to add time to TV version when replacing scenes deemed unusable for TV broadcast, but I liked those "TV scenes"

Last edited:

image.jpeg
*singing*....hands on your hips, give them a push....

tumblr_lmp9fvHokd1qchzcgo1_500.png

Loved that movie.... Mel Brooks was definitely not PC. He was the antithesis of PC.

I still wish I could find a version that has more content....I remember we had a version that we recorded off TV that had stuff that my DVD version does it have....i.e.: Mongo diving for "Spanish balloons?" Is not on my DVD version, but it was on the Television edit. Also, the attack on the fake Rock Ridge has some differences...I am sure there are a bunch of others...maybe it was to add time to TV version when replacing scenes deemed unusable for TV broadcast, but I liked those "TV scenes"
Other than the deleted scenes (for TV), I hadn't really noticed the "Added" scenes in the TV version. I guess I was just laughing/crying too much. Some of the scenes they deemed in-appropriate for TV were far less of an issue of stuff they put on TV now-a-days.

I will say a big difference in movies from the TV version was DUNE. I think they have like 4 different versions of that movie. There are scenes that make the movie much clearer on the one version (narrated by a guy) versus the other version (DVD version) narrated by the gal. I'd like to see a new extended "Full" version of all the scenes. Same with Blazing Saddles.

I was more of the Clint Eastwood Western fan myself but my father made sure I watched all the John Wayne movies too.
Although I like The Duke, I gotta go with Clint singing in Paint Your Wagon

How many of you fix the little things that seem to go wrong on our RVs as opposed to taking it in to a dealer, even if under warranty?
I do almost everything myself. Just habit I guess. My Dad taught me how to fix stuff and I feel better doing and learning new things

I do almost everything myself. Just habit I guess. My Dad taught me how to fix stuff and I feel better doing and learning new things
I'm with you Joe. At some point it becomes a matter of principle when I still have a warranty. The only problem I've found is the fan on the vent over the stove. The light works and I can't find a bad fuse. Debating if I take apart the switch and wiring or let the dealer replace the whole hood.

j

I'm with you Joe. At some point it becomes a matter of principle when I still have a warranty. The only problem I've found is the fan on the vent over the stove. The light works and I can't find a bad fuse. Debating if I take apart the switch and wiring or let the dealer replace the whole hood.
That's the dilemma, if it's under warranty I'd say take it back. Unless it's a hassle dropping off and picking up. I'm fortunate to have mine in my driveway, so I can fiddle at my leisure. Sounds like might be a bad connector. I've heard of others having problems with fans locking up from sitting, sometimes they just need a little lube and a push?

If warranty is still good I let somebody else worry with it.

if it's under warranty I'd say take it back.

If warranty is still good I let somebody else worry with it.
The dealer is 100 miles away and I don't have a lot of confidence in the service department from the way the "service manager" did our PDI. I was telling him how things worked. The person that we did the paper work with was also subtly suggesting we "could take it to any Forest River dealer that was closer to home" if we wanted. It was almost said like, "don't bring it back here if you know what I mean."

I'll probably take it apart at GSP and see if something came lose. It worked during PDI. If I don't find anything, I'll either call Coachmen to see if they'll send me one (a number of people on the FR forums have said they will do it if you aren't close to your dealer) or see if my local Forest River dealer will replace it.

j

My dad taught me a lot, but I taught myself more. Like you I feel better knowing how to do it and understanding it. A bigger part is that I am Cheap. Okay, I am more frugal then cheap... but when I have to pay someone an exorbitant amount of money (relatively speaking) for some work that doesn't seem too terrible for someone who is handy.... I re-think about learning how to do it myself.

As an example, I had a leaking (inside the house) sewer pipe. It was going to cost me about $400 - $500 to have the contractor come in and do it. While I was actually going to let him (just to not have to deal with the hassle), he never got back to me after he gave me a quote. (It wasn't a terrible leak.... YET, but it had potential to be if let go too long). I eventually did a little research. So $40 for an angle grinder and a couple of disks, A rubber coupler to attach to the broken terracotta pipe (after it was cleaned up with the grinder), Some PVC and glue (I already had the glue/cleaner) and about 1 hour of actual work (and about 2 more to prep and clean up). I was able to fix it for less than $150 PLUS I now have an angle grinder (which I had been meaning to get for a while).

I wish I had a garage that I could do more of my own car work in. I am hoping that I could put up a pole barn in the next year or so to allow for such things. Only takes time and money.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts