The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

8 Days! Only 8 days till our wedding, 5 till Christmas. All the shopping is done, this weekend we have a great plan plus enlisting help for wedding item prep.

Today I went to the dentist for a cleaning and got my braces off!!! Then went on in March of 2018 and came off this month in two visits. I can now smile with a new found confidence and just in time for the wedding!!

My
Gloria, Thank you for the update. It sounds like you have great doctors there. Hoping for the best and try to have a great Christmas.

j
My thoughts exactly. Prayers your way.

My neurologist I work with was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last week of october. He is at MD Anderson in Houston getting treatment.

We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well and the Holidays bless you.

Arnold has cancer in his left lung. We are seeing my oncologist this afternoon @ 4:00. Praying for good news.
Wishing all of you a very merry CHRISTmas & very blessed 2020.

Gloria,

We will be remembering you and Arnold both during this Christmas season.

Bama Ed

8 Days! Only 8 days till our wedding, 5 till Christmas. All the shopping is done, this weekend we have a great plan plus enlisting help for wedding item prep.

Today I went to the dentist for a cleaning and got my braces off!!! Then went on in March of 2018 and came off this month in two visits. I can now smile with a new found confidence and just in time for the wedding!!

Lots of change right now for you jbrostek!

I think (if I do the math right) you will have the same anniversary date as my parents.

Don't let all the planning and stress get to you, buddy. Good luck!

Bama Ed

Its official, RETIRED, done! :cool1:

Congrats! And IIRC don't you have a month long Fort reservation planned at some point?

I am officially happy for you and jealous all at the same time. My timeline is maybe 4-5 years so I want to hear as much as you will tell us about your retirement. It will give me something to aspire to.

Bama Ed

Congrats!

Hopefully you have nice plans and can enjoy. I know I'm working on plans now, but it is still 8 years away.
thanks, 8 years goes by fast, start planning, if you haven't yet, see a financial planner, do it, it helped me retire at 60!

Congrats! And IIRC don't you have a month long Fort reservation planned at some point?

I am officially happy for you and jealous all at the same time. My timeline is maybe 4-5 years so I want to hear as much as you will tell us about your retirement. It will give me something to aspire to

Bama Ed

thanks, i do have a month planned, was originally booked for this spring but DW wants to rethink that, March/April can be so busy, maybe early fall, i can handle the heat a lot better than crowds, plus I love the F&W festival at Epcot. What really has me excited is our local campground is empty during the week, no more weekend crowds, thinking a monday to thursday schedule moving forward!

thanks, 8 years goes by fast, start planning, if you haven't yet, see a financial planner, do it, it helped me retire at 60!
I have been managing retirement for a long time. I have longevity in my family. My dad is 90 and still going strong (remarried 3 years ago). He had aunts and uncles well into their 100s. Unless things get considerably worse than 2008, I should be fine.
Besides, I enjoy what I do at work. I'll work until at least 66. DW is a year older than me. I may retire when she does. Have to see how well the pension and 401k is doing.

i do have a month planned, was originally booked for this spring but DW wants to rethink that, March/April can be so busy, maybe early fall, i can handle the heat a lot better than crowds, plus I love the F&W festival at Epcot.
You're retired. Do both! :)

j

Just saw The Rise of Skywalker.

NO SPOILERS

But, did anyone else walk out feeling a little sad that it is "over"? Abrams did a fantastic job tying it ll back together. It's just the finality of it all.

j

NO SPOILERS

But, did anyone else walk out feeling a little sad that it is "over"? Abrams did a fantastic job tying it ll back together. It's just the finality of it all.

j

No spoilers but yeah I did. I sat there at the end thinking about seeing Empire Strikes back with my dad in the theatre, too young to see New Hope in the theatre. I was sitting there with my kids watching, I've taken them to the theatre to see all of the new trilogy movies. It's all sort of come full circle. I felt satisfied but sad at the same time.

I felt satisfied but sad at the same time.
That's probably the best description.

I was 16 when New Hope came out. I saw it 7 times at the theater. The Star Wars saga has been around my entire adult life. I always new Lucas had 9 movies in his head when New Hope was released.

I didn't expect to feel this way knowing Disney will continue "Star Wars" well into the future, but now all 9 of the "originals" are done, it doesn't seem the same.

j

NO SPOILERS

j

I just walked out of the 430pm Christmas Day showing and, I have to say, it wrapped up all the loose ends in my mind. Haven't been a fan of the recent ones (although I did see them once) but this one was okay.

And I'm sure there will be spin-offs in our future for years to come. :darth:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter