The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@4077
So how do you like your Silverado? I'm looking to replace my 2011 Tahoe. I love it but a pickup is so much more versatile than the Tahoe. I have to get a Z-71 because it's the only model with the 2 speed transfer case which I need to flat tow.

@4077
So how do you like your Silverado? I'm looking to replace my 2011 Tahoe. I love it but a pickup is so much more versatile than the Tahoe. I have to get a Z-71 because it's the only model with the 2 speed transfer case which I need to flat tow.

Only had it a few weeks, but I do love it! I had 2011 Tahoe also....

Not long enough to say a lot about it, but it’s 2018 crew cab 5.3 liter 3.42 transmission crew cab 4x4.. 9100 towing rating.

As someone who's first job out of college was working for Pratt & Whitney working on the design of the "hot half" of military jet engines (combustor-turbine-afterburner-nozzle), I too am fascinated by flight but I look at the engines more than anything else. In airports now I look for the P&W, GE, or Rolls Royce logos on the engine nacelles (those were the relevant companies back in my day). In fact, my brother also worked for P&W in the tooling section design tools for military maintenance depot mechanics to use to reach far around deep into the engine to use/assemble/disassemble.

The engine test stands where we would bolt engines in for cycle testing and/or the testing of new parts were incredibly exciting. Loud, powerful, experimental, etc.

If Ian is so inclined, Jim, a good trained mechanic who is also a good teammate and always willing to help, pitch in, and/or learn, or share their knowedge with others is worth their weight in gold.

Just my two cents from the peanut gallery.

Bama Ed

a good teammate and always willing to help, pitch in, and/or learn, or share their knowledge with others is worth their weight in gold.

Just my two cents from the peanut gallery.
Your quote above goes for a lot of things. That attitude is what I look for when hiring new staff. I just moved someone along that thought he was the VP's personal support person and picked and chose what else he would do.

Thankfully Ian has that teamwork ethic. He will do well once he decides to put his head down at get into a trade program.

I can see Ian getting his pilots license eventually, but more as a hobby than a career.

j

Last edited:
The engine test stands where we would bolt engines in for cycle testing and/or the testing of new parts were incredibly exciting. Loud, powerful, experimental, etc.
I have had the chance to see a GE jet engine, a World War II era Rolls Royce and an NHRA top fuel engine run on a test stand.
All I can say is, awe inspiring, bone rattling, mind blowing and exciting all at the same time.
The wind up of a jet engine, the sputtering and coming to life of V12 & the sheer raw power of a nitro burning engine. Still gives me the willys :scared: :thumbsup2

I have one that looks similar but is all purple, was when they had the "Forever Refill" that they were offering back in the 90's.
Right! Remember those "forever refills" that turned out not to be after too many people kept returning with them? I've had many an argument with folks on other forums and FB who say they never were. Hey, I was there! I believe these were from 1990 before PC culture changed Port Orleans Resort into French Quarter. Oh the old days.

I don't have that one, I'll trade ya :thumbsup2:rotfl2:
Let me think about it. Don't know if you'd even want one. They have our names on them because they were mugs back then and not the collectors items of today.. :jester:

Well - it was one of those glad/sad moments for us this weekend. After last year's 'events' with our Suburban, we knew it was time to move on, and we sold it yesterday. We were blessed to sell it in a matter of hours, and I'm looking forward to hooking up the new F150 this spring, but after 8 years of making memories in the Suburban, it made us all a little sad to see it go! Our oldest turned to me and said, "That was my childhood!"

This is a pic of it hooked up during our move from MA to WI in 2015. Fair ye well, my friend...

20150702_124919912_iOS.jpg

I bet it was hard to see the it drive away, yet those memories forever remain in your heart. With the new truck, comes new adventures and memories to go with them.

Today was a rough one. Found out a job I interviewed for went to someone else, once again. Last thing this afternoon the doctor's office called with results of my bloodwork. Thyroid is once again low and will need some tweaking with meds, but my new issue is I am diabetic. Don't know much now as I only spoke to the nurse today. Appointment with doctor tomorrow to find out how bad things may be and put a new plan in place.

Today was a rough one. Found out a job I interviewed for went to someone else, once again. Last thing this afternoon the doctor's office called with results of my bloodwork. Thyroid is once again low and will need some tweaking with meds, but my new issue is I am diabetic. Don't know much now as I only spoke to the nurse today. Appointment with doctor tomorrow to find out how bad things may be and put a new plan in place.

It'll take some time, but both can easily be managed. Hope results will improve for you quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!