The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Sugar house was in full operation yesterday when I stopped in. Temps have been in the high 40’s to low 50’s

View attachment 479543

Wondered if it was. Was thinking of the pictures you posted and mentioned them to DW when we went to the local state park where they were boiling down the maple sap today. Fella there had a Hickory syrup, was very interesting.

Wondered if it was. Was thinking of the pictures you posted and mentioned them to DW when we went to the local state park where they were boiling down the maple sap today. Fella there had a Hickory syrup, was very interesting.

The company I work for is doing something with birch sap, not sure what but I will find out. We also have a product called Tree Tap, it’s some sort of flavored water. Again not sure, I’m more into the construction side of the company. I will be gathering some of this stuff up for the Dis meet. We also had a hemp farm last year.

The company I work for is doing something with birch sap, not sure what but I will find out. We also have a product called Tree Tap, it’s some sort of flavored water. Again not sure, I’m more into the construction side of the company. I will be gathering some of this stuff up for the Dis meet. We also had a hemp farm last year.

The hickory syrup was made from the bark, in water and boiling it down, tasted very good.
The birch sap sounds cool.

Good news at last Arnold (Grumpy Aggie) will have the 1st of 5 CT Radiation tomorrow (3/10). Arnold is doing good, but with this damp cold air we have been having his breathing is not good. Had been off oxygen during the day, b ut not right now. We are so excited for October to get here & the Dis Meet. Our traveling has stopped for now. I need to get my class A license, so I can help Arnold drive. When I have driven, it was straight driving, no turning etc. The written should be Ok with some studying, but driving ?? Arnold said they took him thru neighborhoods. Instructed not to drive on the grass, curbs. I can just see me having the truck going on way & the RV sideways. Have a great week! "SEE YOUO REAL SOON"

@friendofeeyore Best wishes for @grumpyaggie as he goes through this. For the driving test, what I can suggest is find what works for you in the mirrors to check you are clear. I always have to add at least 1 lane for right hand turns. You will need to eventually pick up and drive before the test and I think you'll get it!

jbrostek, Thank you for in info & help. I must have to get the fear of turning left or right. But I can & will do it.

Turning left is easy, just drive deeper in to the intersection and then make your left turn. When towing, remember your trailer tires will always follow shorter (to the inside) of your turn. You will have no problems. And our best to Arnold, I know this is not easy.

We've all been there. Thankfully I started pulling trailers long before the internet and video cameras. :)

j

Yep! Was towing boats in my teens. Thankfully, I had a pretty good handle on things long before cell phones had cameras, and I have a wife who stays very calm in it all. For us, DW is primarily just a spotter for the blind side and stopping point. I can manage the inside of the turn and line it up pretty easily. She just watches the tail-swing on my blind side and tells me when we've reached the stopping point that we determined before I ever started backing in. In 10 years of camping we've never had as much as a raised voice in the process.

Tell Arnold we are all keeping good thoughts for him. Don't even worry about the driving test, my boss is color blind and has depth perception issues and he passed :confused3
Let us know how things go, if need be, we might be able to send out some tag teams drivers. Texas is "kinda" on the way to Florida from Illinois :thumbsup2

Don't even worry about the driving test, my boss is color blind and has depth perception issues and he passed :confused3
But this is in Illinois. You know... The state where this month is the first month in 14 years that we haven't had at least 1 of our former governors in prison... I won't say that you can't buy almost anything, but you can buy almost anything. :)

Glo, Like most things. Practice makes perfect. Same thing we tell young racers in Comp school. Nothing beats seat time. You'll get more comfortable the more you do it.

Hopefully Arnold's treatments go well. We are looking forward to meeting both of you in October.

j

I appreciate all of the confidence! Practice is what I need & plan on driving more when Arnold is able to travel long distance. I have to say sometimes, when I have helped Arnold back in a spot - things didn't go well. But sometimes I don't now my right from my left. He tells me to turn right ~ I turn left (haha)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts