The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Wow this place went down hill fast. :-)

Sorry to interrupt the pole dancing Elvis fun, but here is my home for the weekend. Sangchris Lake SP. outside Springfield IL. (Sorry the pic is so big. I'm on my iPad and I don't have a photo resize app on this one)

20160513_211027_zps3khgmr6c.jpg~original

j

Michael just a few thoughts
1 Asparagus while best al dente makes a poor denture
2 While Those are sweet dance moves but 1977 called and they want you to NEVER I repeat NEVER ever take take them out again
3 With that caboose you need to need to either do a much better job of securing the pole or add a LOT more weight as a counter balance

Sorry to interrupt the pole dancing Elvis fun, but here is my home for the weekend. Sangchris Lake SP. outside Springfield IL. (Sorry the pic is so big. I'm on my iPad and I don't have a photo resize app on this one)
Are the sites really that big there, or just not many campers there?

Are the sites really that big there, or just not many campers there?
The sites were pretty far apart and all had a view of the lake. Many backed up to the lake.

My friends week old camper is next to me by the tree without many leaves.
20160514_165435_zpsqpvsysam.jpg~original

20160514_165251_zpsiv1mxgn3.jpg~original

20160514_165345_zpszw68ylkd.jpg~original

j

Wow this place went down hill fast. :-)

20160513_211027_zps3khgmr6c.jpg~original

j

:offtopic:

This should be posted on the thread regarding your setup on other campgrounds. :rolleyes:

The sites were pretty far apart and all had a view of the lake. Many backed up to the lake.
Looks a little wet there, go figure. Sites look good and level. I showed the wife the pictures and she says "well, I'll look into it". Her gramma(92) is in Decatur, she's thinking we could pick her up on the way down. That looks like a good long weekend trip. Thanks

THEME? There's a theme? I didn't know there was a theme I didn't see anything about a THEME. Nobody told there was a theme No wonder I am still waiting for my coffee and scone

Back to topics that aren't about being on or off topic :p....

Isn't it funny how the, shall I say, "regulars" can be having a conversation about something in a forum, and then someone that hasn't been seen before comes on in and just tears into the OP? I mean, I get this is a board that anyone can visit and read a thread and respond....and I am not saying they can't or shouldn't participate....I guess I just find it humorous, those times when someone just shows up and "lays down the law" (as it appears in their eyes). When someone feels strongly about something (a principal about rules or whatever it might be), I suppose they are darn well gonna tell you in no uncertain terms. I wonder if you can set up to receive notifications anytime a thread is posted or a post is written that contains the word "rules" so that you can make sure and straighten out all the possible rule breakers? :rolleyes2 Release of energy over....

Back to topics that aren't about being on or off topic :p....

Isn't it funny how the, shall I say, "regulars" can be having a conversation about something in a forum, and then someone that hasn't been seen before comes on in and just tears into the OP? I mean, I get this is a board that anyone can visit and read a thread and respond....and I am not saying they can't or shouldn't participate....I guess I just find it humorous, those times when someone just shows up and "lays down the law" (as it appears in their eyes). When someone feels strongly about something (a principal about rules or whatever it might be), I suppose they are darn well gonna tell you in no uncertain terms. I wonder if you can set up to receive notifications anytime a thread is posted or a post is written that contains the word "rules" so that you can make sure and straighten out all the possible rule breakers? :rolleyes2 Release of energy over....
You wouldn't happen to be referring to a thread on the main Camping forum that had to be locked due to that "newcomer"?

If so, I completely agree.

Paul despite the fact this cafe has no blueberry scones it is still a SIGNATURE level establishment and certain level of conduct and decorum is expected from all patrons. Excessive celebrations and dancing are strictly prohibited unless it is a Can-Can line with ALL patrons are included or a pole is involved.
:headache: I am sorry... I will try to be better. :) I think I have a new pole somewhere... :)

What do you mean off topic? We need a sign saying "On Topic". This is the place if there are more that three posts in a row on the same topic, there is something wrong. :yay:

j
Okay... Here ya go. ONtopic.gif

(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Squirrel........................................

Mom ain't afraid to lock up no thread. She's the sheriff around here - I envision her running the place like...

Rio-Bravo-560x373.jpg

:worship:

Bama Ed

PS - although, I suppose we can fight over who get's to be Dean and Gabby...

7710bf21e1862df703d9029c1a6f4cc7.jpg

I nominate Jimmy or Michael for the (younger) Dean role while Jim has the Gabby role locked up.

popcorn::

Last edited:
I nominate Denise for Feathers but still seeking a candidates for Colorado and Carlos. Pirate rules apply?

Jim has the Gabby role locked up.
How did you know!

Here's a pic of my college football days. I tried out for those gulf coast states, but they said I was too talented, so I went to Knoxville to be a Vol. :duck: :lmao:

touch_down_hayesi.jpg

j

P.S. What movie are those clips from. I thought Rio Bravo was the only Duke movie with Dean Martin, but IMDB doesn't say Gabby was in it.

P.S.S.- You know, unless they were big John Wayne fans, everyone under 50 has no idea what we are talking about. :blush:

j

TEAMUBR Are you saying I am OLD. Yes Move was RIO BRAVO the only one THE DUKE made with Dean also the two who portrayed Feathers and Colorado. And Actor who played Gabby easy Grandpa from The Real McCoy's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts