The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I have kept fairly quiet about the baseball playoffs because some of my friends from other cities didn't have the season they expected...

No we did not, firing Joe Madden will help???? I went to High school with Mike Foltynewicz's Dad and Mom, sorry to see him get rocked so bad. Good Luck enjoy the Games.

No we did not, firing Joe Madden will help???? I went to High school with Mike Foltynewicz's Dad and Mom, sorry to see him get rocked so bad.
I thought the Madden deal was mostly his choice. If it wasn't, I would have to think ownership was throwing in the towel.

And no one here expected Foltynewicz to have the outing he did. We were expecting a long battle and were just happy with making the playoffs after a 5 year drought (unheard of in Cardinal Nation).

Dodgers didn't surprise me. Nationals worry me since they seem to peak in the 8th and 9th, just when our bullpen decides to struggle. Attitude here is we need 4 or 5 run lead to outlast our relievers.

The next round will be interesting. I'm good with whoever makes it through as long as it isn't the Yankees.

j

Chris, prayers for Mallory that the pressure sore will go away & she will be all well. . Please let us know how Mallory is doing, if possible.

Thanks Gloria. We change the bandage every day so looked at it last night. Most of the black was gone so that is good but now trying to get the sore to heal. Lots of good blood but her tissue is so thin. She is in good spirits though.

20191016_155104-567x1008.jpg

If anyone is in the area this weekend, I'll let you help install these slideout awnings. :rotfl2:

I bought my 5er off the lot. The 2 things it didn't have were slide awnings and the 6 point legs. I have thought several times of just ordering both from etrailer, but 4 big awnings was about $1,800 and the Lippert GroundControl 3.0 for a trailer my size is over $3,000.
I had the trailer back at the factory a few weeks ago having the floor in the front bedroom slide repaired and the service manager said, "If you plan on keeping the camper for a long time, you really should get slide awnings". I referenced the etrailer price and he laughed. Said they could get them a lot less than that. It actually wasn't "a lot" less, but even after adding in freight, I did save a couple of hundred dollars. So they arrived yesterday. Weather should be decent this weekend. If you're in the area...

::yes::

j

Sorry Jim, headed to Ed's house and then down the street to watch Alabama play Tennessee. Keep us posted though!

I like them on mine. My TT didn't have them. Every time we got ready to pull out I'd have to get on roof and sweep the slides off to keep the leaves and water out of the camper. No problems now and it does help with AC as well.

The A/C relief would be a bonus. The dual A/C's do a good job, even in StL/Gulf Shores heat and humidity. I'm more interested in saving the slide seals and not having to sweep the tops every trip.

I'll take pics and post how it goes. I think they are fairly straight forward. The rail for the canvas bead is on the trailer wall already from the factory. It is just mounting the brackets on the corner of the slides and pulling the canvas through the track. Two of the four slides are 13 ft long. That is going to take some coordination to pull that much fabric through the track.

j

View attachment 444753

If anyone is in the area this weekend, I'll let you help install these slideout awnings. :rotfl2:

Can't make it, sorry. We are full on Wedding Planning this weekend. Taking my mother out to so she can find a dress for the occasion, then go taste some wines we might want to serve at the reception (because heck yes I will go do a wine tasting!) And Sunday is a 2-3 hour planning meeting with the caterer and venue. Last camping weekend for me is November 9th, then its winterize and park it for the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter