The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Michael, you know God closes one door, but has something much better for you. So sorry you had to think of making a decision. I don’t quite understand people. Thank you for the prayers for Arnold. They are felt. Glad your co-worker is handling his treatments, & will feel better soon. Cancer is not nice! Chris, we are still praying for Mallory & her Mom & Dad. So hard to see our babies not feeling well. Please, if possible, let us know how Mallory is doing.

On my front, the situation with my neurologist being out has caused the hospital to have to hire a new neurologist. The new one does not work with nurse practitioners. I've done some debating over the last several weeks about my options. I interviewed at a hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL, but this would of been a long commute, and drop in pay. At last second it seems my old position in the emergency department has opened up and the ED director called me and asked if I was interested. Ugly hours, 4p-12a 5 days week, but increase in pay and the ED was my "home" for 18 years so familiar territory for me.
Michael,

If you can tolerate an extended commute, Donna recruits for Neuro Sciences here. She has openings for NPs, although most of them are for the Neuro ICU (40 beds, 2nd largest in the country) (https://www.bjc.org/jobs).

Either way, The ED is familiar territory and hopefully the hours will work themselves out.

j

Time for a Mallory update. We went to the vet today. First she seems to be feeling better today. A lot more herself and was excited to go out to the vet. We made chicken broth, with nothing but chicken wings and water, so we refer to it as chicken water. She is loving it and it is getting fluids in her. The dehydration seemed to be causing the constipation. Now that she is getting fluids things are moving and she is eating again. The vet thinks the dehydration probably caused by the antibiotic. Unfortunately her infection is MRSI, so we start back on it on sunday with half doses. At the vet she did get some sub q liquids since we know she is dehydrated. Also when they checked her temp (which was normal) she pooped because that is what she does when they take her temp.

we will keep watching her but hopefully on the up and up. I know she would love to go to the market on Saturday but it’s closed for winter, ir will also be raining all weekend so I can’t even take her out for breakfast.

Time for a Mallory update. We went to the vet today. First she seems to be feeling better today. A lot more herself and was excited to go out to the vet. We made chicken broth, with nothing but chicken wings and water, so we refer to it as chicken water. She is loving it and it is getting fluids in her. The dehydration seemed to be causing the constipation. Now that she is getting fluids things are moving and she is eating again. The vet thinks the dehydration probably caused by the antibiotic. Unfortunately her infection is MRSI, so we start back on it on sunday with half doses. At the vet she did get some sub q liquids since we know she is dehydrated. Also when they checked her temp (which was normal) she pooped because that is what she does when they take her temp.

we will keep watching her but hopefully on the up and up. I know she would love to go to the market on Saturday but it’s closed for winter, ir will also be raining all weekend so I can’t even take her out for breakfast.

Wow, must be great to be that vet tech, having to take her temp. :scared:

My 8 year old Tahoe with 142,000 miles had a transmission self destruction... $6800 to replace. Had considered that and then keeping 2 more years as at least tranny would have a 3/36 warranty. Was all set to do that when wife texted “too bad we couldn’t put that $6800 toward something new.” So, took first look at 2018 Silverado 1500 with 8000 miles on it yesterday (super nice and clean) and going back with wife and kids to look again and drive. Big savings over new with same equip, so perhaps that will be the way.... gotta say all the stuff in there much nicer than what my “entry level” (as much as a 2011 Tahoe could be entry level ) vehicle had. Plus is that while my Tahoe was sufficient for my towing needs, the pickup would be ideal. We’ll see!

My 8 year old Tahoe with 142,000 miles had a transmission self destruction... $6800 to replace. Had considered that and then keeping 2 more years as at least tranny would have a 3/36 warranty. Was all set to do that when wife texted “too bad we couldn’t put that $6800 toward something new.” So, took first look at 2018 Silverado 1500 with 8000 miles on it yesterday (super nice and clean) and going back with wife and kids to look again and drive. Big savings over new with same equip, so perhaps that will be the way.... gotta say all the stuff in there much nicer than what my “entry level” (as much as a 2011 Tahoe could be entry level ) vehicle had. Plus is that while my Tahoe was sufficient for my towing needs, the pickup would be ideal. We’ll see!

the odometer was wrong in ad... actually 19500 miles... lol, but still super clean, so still working it

Pooping my pants. We just left the dealer. We're scheduled to pick up our Montana 365BH on Saturday. It's going to be a little more comfy than our 29' TT at the Fort this summer!

Well congratulations !! They tow better than a TT and with a 3500 you will have no troubles, well almost. Only problem I found was backing in to a site, sometimes where the front of the truck needed to go was the hard part, ie electrical boxes, site marker posts, vehicles.

Man. Just bite bullet. Go ahead and purchase a used fleet Volvo. Air ride seats, plenty room for kids, and you wont be limited on your next camper size.

:stir:

Well congratulations !! They tow better than a TT and with a 3500 you will have no troubles, well almost. Only problem I found was backing in to a site, sometimes where the front of the truck needed to go was the hard part, ie electrical boxes, site marker posts, vehicles.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the ride. I enjoy pulling my 48' gooseneck cargo more than my 29' TT. The backing will be a bit more fun sometimes, but if there's room, I'll get her in there.

Hi everyone! We are baaaaack. Sorry for no updates after my last post. It was a busy holiday and lots to do leading up to a wonderful wedding!! We had amazing weather clear and sunny and mid 60's!!! Sunday brought the rain, though we where on a plane to Disney where it was sunny and 70. So we didnt care.

@FriendsOfEeyore Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. I hope Arnold will see some positive results going forward.

@garneska So happy to hear Mal is back on the mend. She has been through so much, she is blessed to have the love and care you two provide.

I have such a beautiful wife, and I will proudly admit many tears of joy where gushing from me as her father walked her down the aisle to me.

Our wedding was a fusion of Disney and Christmas. We love the joy and feelings of giving and generosity this time of year. The time to remember to continue being a little kinder, a little nicer, a little more patient. Of time spent with those you love the most and share traditions. Because that's what makes us special and family, its our traditions.

Our venue was gorgeous. Most of the decorations where already there and we only needed our florist to enhance the beauty in addition to the bouquets and boutonnieres. Working together to design something special for guests, I built something special to display our wedding favors which where Christmas ornaments for our guests. Everyone loved the idea and the display. We loved the intimate nature of this gorgeous mansion and so did our guests.

The night seemed to fly by, yet we got to talk to so many people and have an amazing time.

My wife Melissa and I, our daughters Lauren (taller), Jessica, and my best man Ken.

We did manage to get a couple dances in during the reception but also many pictures and conversations with friends.

The next morning we had a light breakfast at the hotel (and in recovery mode.) And flew to Disney at 12:45 that day, first class airfare!!! We arrived at Wilderness Lodge and our room was ready. We booked a 1 bedroom suite with our DVC points and it was gorgeous and perfect! We could watch the electrical water parade from our balcony on the 5th floor and even caught the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

Our first night at the resort was low key, just some small plate items at the Territory Lounge and a semi early bedtime. The next morning was planned with a 80 minute couples massage at Senses in Saratoga Springs Resort to kick off the Honeymoon. If you have not kicked off a vacation with a massage, I highly recommend it! More to come as I collate all the pictures!!

Last edited:
@jbrostek i am so excited you are here to post about the wedding. I knew you were busy so i was trying to wait patiently. Waiting for more. I am home today to go to therapy. i am glad to be hanging with mallory.

Mallory Update: She is back on the antibiotic and it definitely slows her down. We have to finish it though she has a nasty infection and we don't want her to get septic. She will be on the antibiotics till Sat. She will have to hang in for the car ride on Friday down to disney. I am hoping she will enjoy looping in her wagon. And really hope she picks back up after the antibiotics are done. She is eating well and loves chicken water. She is getting more fluids as she has had two accidents and yet when we take her out to pee she is peeing well.

I am not so thrilled about the weather forecast but not much I can do about it. I have resigned myself that it might not be a PR kind of day. I don't want to risk my next training cycle, so i will take what the day brings.

@garneska Thank you!! The girls were dropped off Sunday by their dad after CCD. It was nice to see them again after a week, and then send them to bed when the lack fo personal space for all was getting wore out. In the last days there, Melissa caught a cold that hit full force Sunday night. Monday I did all I could so she could rest and recover, she is still under the weather today, yet sounds like she is on the mend. So I spent parts of yesterday taking the youngest to and from school and gymnastics while the oldest takes the bus to middle school and didn't have any afternoon activities.

I am so glad to hear she is on the mend and hope that continues. I think looping around her happiest place on earth will be good for her and get her spirits up.

Congrats James. It looks like a beautiful wedding. That's the venue? I thought it was your house. :) It looks gorgeous. The pictures look great and it sounds like perfect weather for a wedding.

Glad you had a good time at WDW. I can't wait to hear more.

j

Congrats James. It looks like a beautiful wedding. That's the venue? I thought it was your house. :) It looks gorgeous. The pictures look great and it sounds like perfect weather for a wedding.

Glad you had a good time at WDW. I can't wait to hear more.

j

I agree, jbrostek. Lovely pictures, a happy time for you, I'm pleased to read your great story and it sounds like you had a nice stay at WL.

Hope to see you and yours around the Fort?

Ed

Job site?!?. I think you posted similar pictures last year. Hmmm.

I think you are going up and offering discount concrete work just to get pics to tease us with. :)

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!