The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@friendofeeyore You are in our heart and thoughts. Please let keep up in the loop.

@PaHunter We are booked for Hershey June 5-7th, spending saturday in the park.

This past Saturday we went to the Dulles RV expo. This is where Melissa and I had our first date when I was still on a knee scooter post foot surgery 3 years ago! We went for our 3rd annual visit to the RV show. Melissa went from a complete Rookie never even have been in an RV, into seasoned intermediate when it comes to RV and what she likes and doesn't. (We will reserve pro level for when she is finally ready to tow the trailer.)

This year was unlike previous, now with Melissa having an opinion on the current rig and what we don't like about it. Well we saw a unit we liked last year and what they did to improve on the floor plan for 2020. We ended up choosing to trade in my "bachelor pad" 5th wheel, for a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL (not the show model, ours is coming direct from IL n the next week.) Even the girls are excited to have their own separate beds rather than sharing a pull out queen. We are exicted as we already have 4 RV trips booked this year in addition to the race season!

The floor plan:

@friendofeeyore You are in our heart and thoughts. Please let keep up in the loop.

This past Saturday we went to the Dulles RV expo. This is where Melissa and I had our first date when I was still on a knee scooter post foot surgery 3 years ago! We went for our 3rd annual visit to the RV show. Melissa went from a complete Rookie never even have been in an RV, into seasoned intermediate when it comes to RV and what she likes and doesn't. (We will reserve pro level for when she is finally ready to tow the trailer.)

This year was unlike previous, now with Melissa having an opinion on the current rig and what we don't like about it. Well we saw a unit we liked last year and what they did to improve on the floor plan for 2020. We ended up choosing to trade in my "bachelor pad" 5th wheel, for a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL (not the show model, ours is coming direct from IL n the next week.) Even the girls are excited to have their own separate beds rather than sharing a pull out queen. We are exicted as we already have 4 RV trips booked this year in addition to the race season!

View attachment 464779View attachment 464780

The floor plan:

View attachment 464781

you're girls are going to love the layout, we have the front living room identical to yours, plenty of room, nice rig

They think so too! We were looking at the Montana 3731 and the GD 380FL. The biggest things we noted was the bathroom was smaller, but closet in the BR made that room feel bigger. the kitchen table was a 2 person expandable and the GD is a 4 seater with a small leaf extension on the end, and the GD had a privacy curtain for the FL.

In the end the Montana was Camping World and really didn't offer much of a deal. They shot a very low offer on the current rig which was pretty much a non starter. General RV made a good offer and was able to close the deal even if we had to wiggle some here and there.

View attachment 464779View attachment 464780

The floor plan:

View attachment 464781

Nice, We like our FL.
Best of luck with it.

If you like cruising right along on the interstate you might wanna skip site seeing in Vermont.

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) Some Vermont lawmakers are pitching a bill to lower the statewide speed limit on major highways from 65 mph to 55 mph. The idea is just being floated now, with supporters saying it aims to cut crashes, save fuel and help with climate change.

If you like cruising right along on the interstate you might wanna skip site seeing in Vermont.

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) Some Vermont lawmakers are pitching a bill to lower the statewide speed limit on major highways from 65 mph to 55 mph. The idea is just being floated now, with supporters saying it aims to cut crashes, save fuel and help with climate change.

Not to mention the boon to the state budget with the spike in speeding tickets!

I find this ironic after early 2000's all the states where pushing to up the speed limits "to match the actual average speed traveled."

Here in Texas most toll roads are 75 to 85 mph. I love speed, but will not drive that fast. But I do stay in the right lane. We drive 71 East & West which the speed limit is 75 ~ I drive 70 & if no hurry to get home 65, but in the right lane. Thank all of you for the prayers & thoughts. We know God is in control & all we be good. Since we are full time camping, I am learning to deal with the black tank, Propane is getting the best of me. Thank goodness the owners of our RV park are always there to help & so glad we don't have the huge home we sold 3 yrs ago.

@friendofeeyore Glad you have a village to help you at the campground. Propane refills are tough, removable tanks get heavy when filled. We hope you get some more positive news on treatments.

Anyone know of any higher ups in the Disney organization, ( higher up than a bus driver) preferably in the purchasing department? Just curious

@snowmedic nope I don’t. I know a few cast members but no higher ups.

Mallory update. She is doing better. Perked up, eating, drinking (no chicken water), peeing and pooping. She is engaged and wants to do stuff. That is all good. We did go to the vet today and unfortunately we will be back on the antibiotic for two weeks. we will prepare by making more chicken water. We know the drug dehydrates her so main thing will be to keep getting water in her. I am hoping I can be strong and remember she needs the antibiotics and she will feel better once we can stop them. If we can keep her fluids up will help her functions. She will be less engaged and a lot more tired. I am ready. We will start tomorrow night and actually will start with half doses to try and make it a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!