The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Hey Teamubr,

I was asked this week sort of last minute to fill in for somebody on a vacation mid-March to Melbourne, FL on a "guy's getaway" of golf and spring training baseball. I am hoping to get to your St. Louis Cardinal's ballpark in Jupiter at the complex they share with the Marlins for a hot dog review and a game.

I don't know any Cardinals players, the manager's name, heck, they're in the National League! Sounds sorta foreign to this Cleveland Indians fan. But any way, I may post some pix if we make it there. There are also games a little further south in West Palm and shorter in Port St. Lucie (but I went there last year for a game) and am looking to try new places/teams.

Ed

PS - and no this ain't no bachelor party trip (I'm the youngest in the group by about 20 years LOL) so I think I'm going to be the one to "load the clubs in the car" and "go get the car and pick us up out front" kind of thing.... :rolleyes:

I was asked this week sort of last minute to fill in for somebody on a vacation mid-March to Melbourne, FL on a "guy's getaway"

I am hoping to get to your St. Louis Cardinal's ballpark in Jupiter at the complex they share with the Marlins for a hot dog review and a game.

I may post some pix if we make it there.
When I first read the bolded, I thought you were going to invite me to go... :love: Then I realized it was just stating your position.:sad:

Glad you're going to see a top tier team :duck:, although our pitching is going to be a bit shaky. We've already had a couple of the aces go down already. I'd love to see some pics... of the Cards AND you hustling the golf bags. :lmao:

Have a great time. Mid-March should be perfect weather.

j

Had a fun day today. It started with an 8 mil training run with a friend from the run Disney boards. We went to brunch at my favorite restaurant and I had some delicious fluffy pancakes. we came back to put Mallory in her wagon and take her to Peachtree St (2 blocks). Here we stakes out a spot to watch the Olympic marathon trials. The runners were doing an 8 mile loop 3 times. That meant we saw them 6 times. It was freezing and windy but so much fun.

we did not see the finish but stayed to cheer the last runner on. conditions were tough, she looked slow but was still a lot faster than me :).

mallory was getting all the pets. She is wiped out now but am glad she got to enjoy one more race.

4B84ECFC-0112-4CE7-93C9-099E1ED3D95C.jpeg

So today is Feb 29th, on this date 4 years ago we were on our Feb trip, second year in a row. We got paper anytime fastpasses, as we were trying to ride Peter Pans Flight and it kept breaking down. Have to see if I can find the photo of them I took.

I still like the old paper FP one-ride-at-a-time method the best.

Was it still in place only 4 years ago? Feels like forever.

Ed

I still like the old paper FP one-ride-at-a-time method the best.

Was it still in place only 4 years ago? Feels like forever.

Ed

The new digital fast pass was in place, but the ride broke down and they did not know how long it would be. We had already scanned in for our fastpass time, so they issued us anytime paper passes. Now I believe they can do it on the little ipad thingies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!