The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I hope that alligator at the zoo didn't get out again. Bless his heart. He was missing for days after Hurricane Ivan.

@PaHunter Prayers for you and the family. I hope there is a good prognosis.

I hope all everyone in the Huricane path are well and coping as best they can. We had our first brisk morning here and I am sad to see summer go, yet welcome for fall if it will stick around for a bit.

Yes, I guess one could call 2 hours surgery quick.
Chris,
If they were doing a tumor excision, that is remarkably quick. Depending on the tumor, that is typically a 4-14 hour case.

I hope your dad recovers quickly and is on the road to getting better.

j

Chris,
If they were doing a tumor excision, that is remarkably quick. Depending on the tumor, that is typically a 4-14 hour case.

I hope your dad recovers quickly and is on the road to getting better.

j

So today I went up to mow the grass at the house. Dad said it was needed before his surgery. Should be the last time for the year. And they sent him home today. Got to speak with him briefly, sounded coherent on the phone, but was tired, which is understandable. Will need to head up next week to do some chores for him. May need to do some chemo to treat the smaller tumors that they were seeing in the scan. So for now good news, and we will tackle the rest as it comes.

I hate to see the damage to GSP and the surrounding areas on the coast. We got lucky we didn't get the bad side of the storm. We only had a few limbs down with no major damage. We just didn't have power for a day and a half. We parked our camper in the drive and used the generator, I a ran extention cord to the house to run the deep freezer and the refrigerator. 20200916_093208.jpg

@PaHunter Hopefully the positive new continues. I wish I could say I mowed our lawn for the last time. But I suspect that will continue through november....

@SouthAlabama5er Glad you are relatively unscathed in all this.

I had a great 3 day weekend at the track. For now our trailer is stored at a friends for a few weeks while I get my driveway repaired and resealed. I might try to get some grave in before I bring it home again too. We shall see.

Chris, Prayers for your Dad quick recovery. Sad note = Arnold is not doing well at all. One of his doctors told my son & me that we need to make some decisions in a few days. Arnold sleeps 24/7, when you talk to him, we aren't able to understand what he telling us & today will be the 3rd day without food, unable to swallow. They just can't figure out what is. going on. He was in ICU for 3 days & now in a room. Our Governor has. opened up the hospital & Nursing Homes so I am able to stay with him during the day. Getting ready to head back to the hospital in Austin, Tx soon. Everyone be safe & so glad the storms did not due too much damage to all. Talk to you later!

Chris, Prayers for your Dad quick recovery. Sad note = Arnold is not doing well at all. One of his doctors told my son & me that we need to make some decisions in a few days. Arnold sleeps 24/7, when you talk to him, we aren't able to understand what he telling us & today will be the 3rd day without food, unable to swallow. They just can't figure out what is. going on. He was in ICU for 3 days & now in a room. Our Governor has. opened up the hospital & Nursing Homes so I am able to stay with him during the day. Getting ready to head back to the hospital in Austin, Tx soon. Everyone be safe & so glad the storms did not due too much damage to all. Talk to you later!
I am sad to hear this. You and Arnold were already in our prayers and will continue to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter