The Disneyland Hotel FAQ & Information Thread

lizbro said:
so i will give those slightly larger families the chance to stay in the dlh without frking out for a suite or 2 rroms!
thxs liz

It's worth remembering though that, (and I assume the rooms will be priced the same way as those at the Newport Bay Club) - like suites the "family rooms" always seem to be excepted from any Special Offers, extra nights etc.

For instance I priced up the cost of a break on DLRP site in November for 5 people -3 adults and 2 children arriving 7/11 depating 10/11

A family room on the Admiral's floor would cost £1080.98

2 rooms with 2 double beds on the Admiral's floor would cost £886.00
taking advantage of the "Bonfire Spectacular" free night (not available to the family room)

2 rooms with 2 double beds on the Admiral's floor would cost £1063.00
booked as a classic package, no discounts taken.

So as long as adjoining rooms are available, we had them in March and it was wonderful - I think I'd have to plump for 2 rooms, for the extra living space, proper beds - the 5th bed in a family room is a sofa bed and for the extra bathroom always handy. :)

The DLH is often excluded from these offers , or if they are included there are more restrictions for example having to book for 4 nights.

I realise that the DLH doesn't always qualify for the same discounts as the other hotels, but if booking 2 rooms at the NPB works out cheaper than a family room without the benefit of any discounts then surely the same will apply to the DLH ?
Not knocking the idea of family rooms just think people should be aware these might not be the most cost effective option.

Anyway it's good to see DLRP finally recognising that larger families do exist and offering an alternative. :goodvibes

jillrobinson said:
I realise that the DLH doesn't always qualify for the same discounts as the other hotels, but if booking 2 rooms at the NPB works out cheaper than a family room without the benefit of any discounts then surely the same will apply to the DLH ?
Not knocking the idea of family rooms just think people should be aware these might not be the most cost effective option.

Anyway it's good to see DLRP finally recognising that larger families do exist and offering an alternative. :goodvibes

I thought you were just meant when the discounts are on, I see what you mean, I can not believe they charge more for a sofa bed.

It is good that they are given another option though. :)

hi all
i was quoted 2153 for 2 rooms at DLH and 2067 for family room so i will need to double check as to whether this is inc any offers or not,the only thing i would be concerned about with the 2 rooms is leaving the kids in one room and us in the other as they are only little -4,6,8 ,i know you can get connecting rooms but hey are not always available and i`d hate to get 2 seperate rooms and have to split them up,can you imagine my 8 yrs olds face when she finds out we`re staying there!!! i`ll probably be able to contain it for all of about 3 mins after getting confirmation-apparently t.cook have to get confirmation of the room first which can take about a week!

Fingers crossed, at least you know that you're one of the first to request the room I wouldn't have thought you'll have a problem - and your kids will adore it. :)

We're very excited - heading out to DLP for 3 nights from 5th December.

Our youngest still needs his bottles sterilising. Does anyone know if the Disneyland Hotel provide kettles or bottle sterilising facilities for use in the rooms?

Also, has anyone got any experience of upgrading to castle club? We're contemplating asking at the check in desk if there are any deals available. Is this likely to be a good approach?

Thanks
Ian

Hi, you can request a kettle from reception, I think there is a deposit to pay, not sure how much it is. I think boots do travel sterilising kits which may be a good idea.

With regards to the upgrade, If it is something you would like I would phone before you go, I would think that an upgrade on arrival would be unlikely as it does sell out quickly at christmas/december.

Thanks Wideeyes. Do you have any idea how much the upgrade from a standard room to castle club is likely to be? It would be a fantastic treat but not sure that I could justify more than EUR100 per night extra!

There is a business service room just to the right of reception. The receptionists will open it for you, and you pay for its use by swiping a credit card next to the computer. It was costing 5E for 15 mins, with discounts if you paid for longer. There are computing facilities (Internet access, MS Office programmes, email etc.) and printers there.

There is also WiFi service which is accessible in public areas and the Castle Club, it costs 10E for 2 hours, the time doesn't need to be consecutive, you can log on and off up to the total time during your visit. We found the bandwidth in the Fantasia Lounge to be very good - much better than most hotels, no problem using Skype for example.

Hi we are stopping at the DLH on 11th March for 4days 3 nights. 2 adults & 2 children aged 3 for £606 hope this is a good price?
never mind we would have paid more just to see the kids faces. were not telling them where they are going on holiday until we get there:cool1:

thats a great price as we are paying well over double that for 5 days 4 nights in the DLH (although we do have to have 2 rroms)for 2 adults and 3 kids (5,7,9) i take it from the name they are twins?boys or girls? i`ll keep an eye out in the hotel as we are there from the 12th -16th march!!
liz

HI yes they are boy & girl twins. we are there with myparents for my dad's 60th.
can't wait. my dad didn't know anything about this trip until christmas day & were not telling the twins until we get there as they are both disney mad.

I`m sure i`ve heard that if its your birthday you can get a badge from city hall(the info centre)that if you make your dad wear he`ll get all kinds of fuss!
the kids will love it ,mine had eyes like saucers the first time they saw the castle and its such a great age for them!!
keep counting those days down!
liz

AFAIK the family room at the DLH is basically a normal standard room with 2 double beds and a pull out chair bed ,i did consider this at one point but i think the difference in price between 2 rooms or a family room was only small and with the family room its classed as a suite so therefore we couldn`t take advantage of the free night offer or the kids go free ,when we go in march i will make sure that i actually ask a member of staff at the hotel for info to clarify!
liz

AFAIK the family room at the DLH is basically a normal standard room with 2 double beds and a pull out chair bed ,i did consider this at one point but i think the difference in price between 2 rooms or a family room was only small and with the family room its classed as a suite so therefore we couldn`t take advantage of the free night offer or the kids go free ,when we go in march i will make sure that i actually ask a member of staff at the hotel for info to clarify!
liz

It's odd that it's classified as a suite, but not considered part of the Castle Club, don't you think? The family rooms in the Newport are on the Admirals Floor...it seems odd that they're not treated the same way between hotels!

It's odd that it's classified as a suite, but not considered part of the Castle Club, don't you think? The family rooms in the Newport are on the Admirals Floor...it seems odd that they're not treated the same way between hotels!
I know ..when we were considering the family room and they told me it was classed as a suite we were very excited as we thought it meant that we could use the castle club facilities but no apparently not!
It also meant that the T.A could not just book us a room as they had to wait for allocation to be available ,by looking on another thread and seeing the ages of your kids have you considered 2 rooms connecting? It seemed the easiest choice for us as were stuck onstaying at the DLH-it was meant to be a last blow out once in a lifetime trip !!but then we booked for florida in nov but thats another story!
liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter