The Disneyland Hotel FAQ & Information Thread

1 last question, do you get a view of the park if you have a standard room, or just if you have CC?

And here is one of my pictures of that entrance which I took on our visit in June 2006 right after the refurbishment.

1 last question, do you get a view of the park if you have a standard room, or just if you have CC?

No unfortunetally not. The most standard rooms don't have a real park view. Most of them are on the garden side/train station side. And not every Castle Club room and suite has a park view. Some of them also face the garden.

No unfortunetally not. The most standard rooms don't have a real park view. Most of them are on the garden side/train station side. And not every Castle Club room and suite has a park view. Some of them also face the garden.

So i guess its luck of the draw esp if you get a CC room. I think i will have to check the price diff between the 2 rooms when i come to book this for next year.

I am not sure but I assume you can book a CC room with park view. But the park view costs of course extra. Can anyone confirm this?

fantastic thread thanks
can i ask there was a photo of champagne and a toy in the room is this complementary and is it in all the castle club rooms ?
also can anyone please tell me what the pool is like in the disneyland hotel

thanks in advance
steve

It was complimentary, not if all rooms got champagne or not, I did not expect anything from what I read before we went so it was a nice surprise.

Hi we stayed at Castle Club last week and I took this snap of the floor plan on the back of the door, so you can see how many park view / garden view rooms there are.

We booked a normal castle club room and were very pleased to be allocated a garden view on arrival :woohoo: :

The things we loved best about CC were the quiet breakfasts (no queues), the lift straight down to the park entrance, and the yummy tea, cakes and brownies from 4-5.30. Characters come up to the CC floor but you can also see over the railings down into the atrium to see which characters are near Inventions, and bob down in the lift quickly if it's a fave! :earsboy:

The CC VIP fastpass works from 11am to 2 hrs before the park closes, and means you don't need to use fastpass machines or wait for time slots to open, you just walk up to the fastpass entrance whenever you want to ride. :banana:

How far in advance will they take bookings for the CC? I want to stay there in June 2009 and don't know when to book.

Thanks!

I booked for December in August, as soon as they came available to book. I guess it would depend on whether you are going a a busy time or not to know if you should book months ahead or wait. You only need to pay a deposit and the rest is charged a month before you go.

We just got back from DLP, staying at the DL Hotel. We stayed on DVC points. It was fantastic. The front desk folks were great and the concierge guys were even better. Our only complaints were that there is no free internet in France (heard this several times) and they don't, or have, a QWERTY keyboard available. The feeling of being 1st in the park is the experience of a lifetime. Even with the rates of Euro to $dollar, I'd still go back in a heartbeat!

I have read this thread but just have a few quick questions about the castle club.
1) I know that afternoon tea is served, but are any other food items available at other times i.e. cookies, fruit etc if you popped back in for a mid morning coffee?
2) How late does the lounge stay open and are soft drinks still available in the evenings?

I have read this thread but just have a few quick questions about the castle club.
1) I know that afternoon tea is served, but are any other food items available at other times i.e. cookies, fruit etc if you popped back in for a mid morning coffee?
2) How late does the lounge stay open and are soft drinks still available in the evenings?

The only times food are served in the lounge are breakfast and afternoon tea. Soft drinks are available in the evening - the lounge closes 11pm or later. :)

Do any of the suites sleep six? 2 adults, a 17yr old, 15 yr old, 11 yr old and a 6 yr old?!!?
Thanks!
Hi Cynthia :wave: ,

Go for Castle Club if the supplement isn't too high - It is an unforgettable experience easily rivalling even the best concierge services in Florida.

1. Castle Club Rooms are located on a dedicated floor (3rd) of the hotel with private elevators. A lot if the Castle Club Rooms have brilliant views over the park which are available for a supplement. However, if there is a park-view room available upon your arrival they may be inclined to upgrade you for a small charge or possibly for free if it is vacant for the entirety of your stay.

2. The Castle Club lounge is open daily from quite early until quite late, but not 24 hour.

3. There isn't as much food as some of the WDW concierge lounges, however there are gourmet snacks and a delicious afternoon tea is served. There is also great snacks for children.

4. We have never done this, however the Castle Club staff are EXTREMELY helpful and I can't honestly see this being a problem at all. I'm sure you would be allowed to fill your own bottles with mineral water or soda if you asked.

HTH, If you have any other questions please ask.

Richard. :)

I don't think so. I know there are family rooms but I think they only sleep 5.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will be along soon. :)

I don't think any of the suites sleep six, we had a Tinkerbell suite and that was only 4 people (king bed + sofa bed in lounge). Walts apts. are similar to Tinkerbells I believe. Once you get past these options even if the larger suites sleep more it would still be cheaper to get two rooms. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter