The Disneyland Hotel FAQ & Information Thread

Hi Little Mermaid,
Is this possible? I'd really like to make a room request but really have no idea how or what room to request! :confused3
I'd really like a room with a park view...*sigh* wouldn't we all haha :cool1:
If you could PM me with details that would be great,
Did you definitely upgrade to the DLH today? I know you was toying with the idea,
Ruby x

Hi Little Mermaid,
Is this possible? I'd really like to make a room request but really have no idea how or what room to request! :confused3
I'd really like a room with a park view...*sigh* wouldn't we all haha :cool1:
If you could PM me with details that would be great,
Did you definitely upgrade to the DLH today? I know you was toying with the idea,
Ruby x

I think park views are only for Castle Club rooms and Suites, i just want a upper floor garden view, nothing fancy and something special put in the room for DD.

If i can find the number or fax number i'll let you know. And yes i upgraded to the DLH today. Just gotta get the money to pay for it now :lmao:

Whoo good for you :cheer2: Both our DD's will be so happy!
What was you thinking about having put in the room for your DD?
I think it is a lot of money but I'm only planning to do it once while my DD is little, well she's 8 and I want to do it with her before she turns into a stroppy teenager :lmao:
Ruby xxx

Whoo good for you :cheer2: Both our DD's will be so happy!
What was you thinking about having put in the room for your DD?
I think it is a lot of money but I'm only planning to do it once while my DD is little, well she's 8 and I want to do it with her before she turns into a stroppy teenager :lmao:
Ruby xxx

This is my Christmas present to my self :rotfl:

Im not sure what im gonna ask for in the room i want to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi folks,

We just got back from a surprise trip to DLP last weekend. As we were only going to have 30 hours in the resort, I really wanted to maximise on the potential. The DLH had a 30% discount for Dream AP holders, so we went for it. The price was still a little on the crazy side (£336 or $672) for one night for our family of 4 (2 adults, a 5 year old and a 3 year old), it would have been even more if we booked a package. But I can say that at least the DLH offers the service all of Disney used to.

When we got to the train station (we used the Eurostar), we opted to take our own luggage. They asked us to open it going through security, which was ok (not ideal). If we paid 15 euro, we could have had the luggage delivered to the hotel, but I was not too bothered given it was one small suitcase.

We then got to the hotel and dropped our bags off. Very efficient service. Straight into the park we went.

At 4:00 I checked in (most of the staff were tri, quad and quintlingual). Very fast, friendly and efficient. While I checked in there was a character parade down the stairs and character interaction to entertain the kids, it was a great start as my kids played ring around the rosy with Mickey, Goofy, a penguin from Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Eeyore. One little niggle, they used to have DLP labelled candy everywhere, but now it is more generic (the Hotel New York got rid of the candy all together in August - so this was still better). Also, we had 1 fastpass each for every day we were there (but what I did not realise is they can only be used between 2 and 6pm which is a shame, I thought they were good for the whole day).

The hotel was well decorated, and not worn anywhere (unlike the other DLP hotels). We went to the room and it was still very lovely and Disney orientated. And the toiletries were of a good quality and Disneyland Hotel Paris branded, including Tinker Bell carved in the soap. Also provided are robes and slippers.

For photos - check here:

The Baloos weekend for the opening of Halloween

The luggage was already in the room when we arrived, now that is the Disney service I used to know and love. The kids loved that the TV could be heard in the bathroom (this used to happen in the Hotel New York too, but it did not in our August trip).

That evening when we returned, there was turn down service with chocolates, and the bins had been emptied! Result.

We went to bed, and the next morning had a phone call from Goofy to wake us (if you stay in a suite or Castle Club, Tigger was knocking on people's doors to awaken them).

We went to breakfast (starts at 7:30 but with Extra Magic Hours, I would have hoped they would start earlier - we could have had room service at 7, but I thought we could miss out on good fun if we did that).

We were at Inventions for 7:28 and went into breakfast. We had a window seat overlooking Main Street and the sun had not yet risen! Coffee and tea was brought to our table (they used to bring juice too, but we had to get that ourselves). The buffet was good with the usual continental offerings, eggs, bacon, veal sausage, mushrooms, potatoes (so the same as Hotel New York), but over and above that, the DLH offered Pancakes, Donuts, and a better selection of fruit. It was very good. A few years ago it was a character breakfast, but instead the characters are in the foyer now. I have mixed emotions about this. It means the kids eat better now, and people tend to be better behaved at the DLH, so it is easier to play with them outside of the restaurant. So I think opinions will vary.

As we came out, we played with Pluto, Eeyore and Baloo and saw Tigger on the balcony. Great experience.

We went to the room and packed up. When we called bell services, they said to simply leave our luggage in the room. Which we did.

We dropped our key cards off and went into the park for Extra Magic Hours without having to negotiate security checks!!!! Yay!

Then when it was time to leave for the train, we went in, gave our name and room number, and had our luggage very quickly. Great service by well turned out cast members (the maids even wear Victorian Maid hats). If we had opted for Magical Express, we could have picked up the luggage at the train terminal instead, but again with such a short walk, it was not big deal.

So the DLH does offer a good Disney experience (I still prefer the Grand Californian at Disneyland in California), but it offered much better experience than the Animal Kingdom Lodge in WDW.

So between the location, service, characters, the live pianist in the bar, the great restaurants, valet parking, and facilities (though it has one of the weaker pools).

But the prices are crazy, and considering if they are not fully booked, I can get a 2 bedroom villa with a better pool at Marriott Village Ile De France on the golf course for 1/3rd the price of the DLH or a mini suite at the Ritz for the same price, it is not a cheap option. But for a short break, a special occassion, or if you have the money, the DLH is a great Disney hotel. The sad thing is the Hotel New York and even the Sequoia Lodge used to offer a similar level of service, but no longer.

But I do recommend the DLH for something special.

Great addition to the DLH thread Dave. I'm sure many will have lots of questions and comments. Would be apprecaited if posters put these in a different thread. Thank you :thumbsup2

Here are some photos to help trip planners:

Wallpaper in the main foyer

DSCF4928.jpg

DSCF4930.jpg

DSCF4931.jpg

DSCF4932.jpg

Our room in the morning

DSCF5129.jpg

The foyer at 7:20 am

DSCF5134.jpg

Waiting for breakfast

DSCF5135.jpg

DSCF5136.jpg

DSCF5137.jpg

The views at breakfast

DSCF5138.jpg

DSCF5139.jpg

DSCF5146.jpg

DSCF5147.jpg

After breakfast, meeting some characters:

DSCF5148.jpg

DSCF5153.jpg

DSCF5156.jpg

DSCF5158.jpg

DSCF5160.jpg

DSCF5161.jpg

DSCF5162.jpg

DSCF5163.jpg

DSCF5164.jpg

DSCF5165.jpg

DSCF5167.jpg

Hi

We stayed in the DLH for our first ever Disney trip on 28th September - 2nd October 2008.

So many people are asking about the DLH at the moment and for up to date pics so here are a few - I'm not a great photographer but hopefully they give you a feel.

Overall, the hotel is just beautiful and everything is so well kept and thought out. The breakfast is fantastic, the rooms are beautiful - Disney but in a subtle way so it's over little one's heads tbh but still gorgeous. The character interaction at breakfast is amazing - it used to be breakfast with the characters from what I can gather - now they just hang around outside and interact before you go in. To me this is good as the restaurant isn't huge (Inventions) and I think it would be crowded with characters in there, also it means the little ones are more likely to eat breakfast!

The Fantasia Bar is hideously expensive but nice for a relax at the end of the day (esp if the park closes early). They have lovely cocktails and also do snacks but these are v limited and v expensive. This was the only real negative of DLH - unless you want a full on (expensive) meal at the California Grill or Inventions in the evening, when the parks close early, there is nowhere to get a snack in the hotel other than the bar. I paid E13.50 for a v plain cheese & ham pannini with a few crisps on the side - it was OK but not huge and not overly great. You do get nice nibbles with the drinks - tortilla chips, olives and a dip normally.

We didn't try the pool (looked v busy in the eves and Disney wasn't actually that busy so I'd hate to see it at peak!). Didn't try the spa either as just didn't have the time although I did look into it - it's open 2pm - 9pm each day and a massage started from around E100 from what I recall - an 'average' full body one was around E120!

Overall, I loved the little touches like the Peter Pan handle on the doors, the robes & slippers (nice at the end of a long day etc). The turndown and chocolate coins with Mickey/Donald and crew on them. The beautiful, subtle furniture and my fave (silly I know) the fabulous wallpaper in the foyer - it looks just like normal patterned paper - BUT, look up close!

Nothing seemed a chore for the staff, they were friendly and attentive which is great when you are paying so much for your stay.

We did ask for connecting rooms (by email) and were told they weren't guaranteed but we got them which was great as it meant our children could sleep and we had somewhere to hang out when we weren't on 'our turn' at the bar (we took turns with my Mum & Stepdad to go and have a drink and relax).

I'd definately stay here again as the convenience of being on the doorstep with small children is fantastic. Also the view every morning at breakfast really builds up the excitement which is lovely.

So here are my photos:

Our room:
576-1.jpg

180.jpg

Detail of headboard (Castle):
610.jpg

Close up of bedspread (Flora/Fauna/Merryweather)/Fantasia:
174.jpg

TV cabinet - Peter Pan:
177.jpg

179.jpg

Close up of door handle (Peter Pan):
612.jpg

Outside of our room (gardens):
182.jpg

184-1.jpg

The bar area:
438.jpg

437.jpg

The foyer:
194.jpg

616.jpg

The foyer wallpaper:
625.jpg

Some ornaments in the foyer/lift entrance:
583.jpg

617.jpg

621.jpg

622.jpg

The artwork (all victorian type paintings of the park - lovely!):
623.jpg

604.jpg

615.jpg

Breakfast & the view from Inventions:
206.jpg

205.jpg

204.jpg

203.jpg

Hope these are OK - not the best pics but give you all an idea...

My dd developed a phobia of the high water levels in the public loos, and on the wednesday she was desperate, I asked at city hall, they told me to pop over to the disneyland hotel.

I was mighty impressed with their public loos, although there were only 2, I would imagine there would be a huge queue if they were elsewhere.

I was also impressed that the woman cleaning them wore a uniform that matched the colour of the tiles. I took pics inside the toilet as well!

Fantastic you two, now I don't need to upload any of my hotel photos which would be duplicates. I agree completely, it was expensive but for us, this time, it was worth it to stay here.
Check-in was hassle-free, suitcase was in our room and collected from our room. Beds were lovely with extra pillows and the room was a lovely big size (for a European room). All staff were excellent that we came into contact with. I must admit we didn't turn on the TV, try room service or use the pool, but we were more than happy with the facilities we used. We stayed in the West Wing on the second floor and it was very quiet.
We had a cocktail in the Fantasia Cafe every night (although it was a breathtaking 12.50 euros), and actually changed our restaurant reservations so that we didn't leave the DLH at all in the evenings.
No problems with being seated for breakfast, and the busy atmosphere in Inventions was more suited to breakfast than an evening meal for 2. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, although DH was disappointed that the pancakes weren't hot. The bacon was gorgeous! We weren't there for the characters but there was a different one outside when we came in and when we left, and practically no queue for photos.
Room service prices were outrageous, and I must say I thought some of the shop prices were really outrageous this time. The shop on the second floor of the DLH though has the most wonderful dresses and when we come back at Christmas armed with the children's christmas pressie money from the in-laws I think we might pay the DLH shop a little visit!
If we can afford it, we'll definitely stay there again - in fact I'm going to price it up for May but I suspect it will be undoable!

We got back last night from our 3 night stay at the DLH. Hard to sum up in a few words.....but FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC is the first one that springs to mind.
We were in a standard room on the first floor and it seemed massive - Dtr was convinced we'd been upgraded. :laughing: There are lovey little touches all around that we haven't had in other hotels - the toiletries are plentiful - cotton buds, cotton wool pads, bath crystals, bath gel, shampoo, hair conditioner, soap, body lotion and shower cap - and were replaced each day. They also smelt nice and not cheapy smelling.:love:
Yes, there really is a phone next to the loo. :rotfl2:
Dtr loved that even the shower curtain was pretty. The towels were all folded back ready for use, as were the flannels which were changed daily.

The hotel tv channels have more options for park information than we have seen in the others, and a choice of which language 'The Top Ten Things' is presented in.

There is, of course, a huge choice of room service meals available all night long, although we didn't order any.

Your luggage is taken to your room and you can phone to have it collected as well.

Your bed is turned down each night, with (dark) choccy coins left for you.

The pool is superb and if you get it to yourself (as we did one afternoon) it is like a glimpse of what the millionaire life must be like - your very own swimming pool and jacuzzi. The towels are free and are fluffy but not the sort of fluffy-but-useless-at-drying you sometimes get.

Even the lifts and the waiting areas for them are sumptious. Everything feels opulent.
The breakfast were lovely and, if you have a later breakfast (say after EMH) it fills you up for most of the day, so you can skip lunch and have an early dinner. They have the usual cooked breakfast stuff as well as pancakes and maple syrup, all the usual breads and meats you get in the other hotels, real juice (not the dyed orange stuff) hot coffee...and for some reason banana bread and doughnuts. :confused3
The surprising thing was the queue for breakfast at 7.30. It was longer than I have ever queued at Sequoia Lodge or even Santa Fe.:sad2: We didn't bother with an early breakfast after the first day because there was quite a scrum to get food and you had to wait in line....and that is one of the reasons people choose this hotel - to get away from this.
Also there were quite a few queues to see the characters at times and they were not organised, apart from the main 'offcial' photo character. So if you dislike character scrums in the Park, don't expect toavoid this at the DLH.
The most convenient thing is the proximity to the Park - the ability to go back and change, relax, swim, whatever, without taking too much time out of your Disney day. It cannot be beaten for that.
The rooms can be exposed to quite a bit of noise as people leave or arrive at the Park, and Fantasia Gardens is cleaned at 5 o'clock in the morning with a machine(!) but it would only bother a light sleeper (I was up to use the loo - it didn't wake me.;) ).

Conclusion: if you are used to staying in 5 star hotels on holiday then this would probably not thrill you too much. If, like me, you are unused to luxury and get tickled pink by all the special touches then, you must do this at least once - you have to save, borrow, budget, whatever it takes, and experience just once the extra magic that is the DLH.

I will check my photos later and if I have anything that hasn't been added before I will put them on.

We too just got back from here yesterday. I won't add much info, just some photos. We booked 2 standard rooms and I requested connecting rooms with a Fantasia Gardens view. We were not disappointed. We were given 2 connecting rooms on the 3rd floor at the end of one of the wings (in the round bit on the top floor on this photo I took from Panoramagique)

DisneylandParisday2174.jpg

My parents room had one king bed, our room had 2 queen sized beds and a small balcony.

DisneylandParisDay1086.jpg

From the balcony you could see ToT light up at night and the Disney Village sign through the trees. We did not find the noise bothersome, infact I often kept the balcony door open to hear the music coming from the village!

DisneylandParisDay1080.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1082.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1109.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1108.jpg

I have stayed in a few 5 star hotels and I thought the Disneyland Hotel was actually just as good as any others I have stayed in. The room was very well appointed (no wear and tear), the service we recieved was good (when we checked in the porter arranged for our laptops to be put in the managers safe in stead of in the regular bagage storage area - he suggested this, we did not ask) and the luggage was delivered to and collected from the room without is having to be there.

I loved our stay in the Disneyland hotel and actually thought it was worth paying the extra. I can't see me staying in any of the other hotels from now on.

Some photos.....

The ladies loo near Reception

100_0128.jpg

The entrance to the pool area

100_0278.jpg

The lift area

100_0280.jpg

and again....

100_0281.jpg

and so onto our room........

our entrance hallway...

100_0170.jpg

with the sweet little table

100_0402.jpg

our bed

100_0166.jpg

and the view from the bed!

100_0167.jpg

Our bathroom

100_0171.jpg

our loo...with phone!

100_0403.jpg

Our toiletries (replenished daily)

100_0172.jpg

and our bed, turned down for the night

100_0223.jpg

I have some food photos - I will put them up shortly.

These are photos of the breakfast.

100_0484.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

Some things aren't shown - for some reason there was banana bread out each day (lovely!), there were several choices of juice, lots of spreads as well as ketchup and maple syrup. There was plenty of fresh fruit as well - both as a fruit salad and also as whole pieces - grapefruit, kiwi fruit, 2 sorts of melon, apples, bananas etc.

On Wednesday morning the California Grill and Inventions were both full so we were shown to the room where people staying in suites have their breakfast, which was even more swish.

100_0368.jpg

There were always lots of staff on hand as well to attend to ones every whim. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!