The Disneyland Hotel FAQ & Information Thread

richard3330

Cirque Fan
<font size=8><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=red>The Disneyland Hotel</font></font></marquee>
<font size=5><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=red>*4 stars+* *Deluxe* </font></font></marquee>

<font size=2>The Disneyland Hotel is situated directly over the entrance to The Disneyland Park, with some magnificent views. The hotel has 496 rooms and 18 suites, including Castle Club (a concierge type service) on the third floor of the hotel. The hotel is also the only hotel on earth to be situated directly over the entrance to a Disney Park.

The Disneyland Hotel was designed by the Disney ‘Imagineers’ who also designed the park.</font>

<font size=5><font color=blue>The hotel has the following facilities:</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Indoor Swimming Pool.*</font>
Situated on the ground floor of the hotel, the swimming pool is classically themed. Other facilities around the swimming pool also include a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and fitness room. The swimming pool does feel like quite a hike from the main lobby and rooms/suites in the lobby wing of the hotel.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Valet Car Parking or Free Car Parking*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Concierge*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Currency Exchange*</font></font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Children’s Playroom – The Minnie Club*</font>
Situated opposite the swimming pool, offering games and activities for younger guests.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Video Games Room – Mad Hatters Games Room*</font>
Also situated opposite the swimming pool on the ground floor of the hotel.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Gallery Mickey Shop*</font>
A fine shop with lots of Disney memorabilia and gifts, plus some limited edition Disney collectibles. Situated on the first floor, near the restaurant and café area.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*The California Grill*</font>
In the evening The California Grill offers American styled cuisine accompanied by exceptional wines, in a refined atmosphere overlooking The Disneyland Park. You can see the evening menu here </font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Inventions Restaurant*</font>
A buffet restaurant with international specialities and a relaxed atmosphere overlooking The Disneyland Park. The evening dinner buffet costs 46 euros for Adults and 28 euros for children. As well as seafood and freshly carved meats, there is a wonderful desert bar.</font>

<font size=2><font color=red>*Café Fantasia*</font>
A peaceful, although expensive café situated opposite the two restaurants. Offering light snacks and cakes, plus drinks. A cappuccino costs around 5-6 euros. Don't miss the balconies overlooking Fantasia Gardens.</font>

<font size=2>The Guest Rooms at The Disneyland Hotel are extremely spacious and very nicely decorated and well equipped. Designed with pastel colour and shades, with a Tinkerbell carved wardrobe and bed(s). Rooms measure 34 metres squared. </font>

<font size=5><font color=blue>Facilities include:</font></font>

<font size=2>•One or Two Double Beds
•Television with international channels, including The Disney Channel for children.
•Two Telephones. (One beside the beds and one in the bathroom!)
•Radio
•Air-Conditioning
•Mini Bar
•Hairdryer
•Safe
•Luxury Marble Bathroom with double sinks
•24 hour room service</font>

<font size=2>Standard Rooms overlook fantasia gardens or the front entrances. However, occasionally you may be lucky and get a standard room overlooking the east or west turnstiles, with a view of the park in the rear. You can hear the magical Disneyland Park music at night - often until about 10pm (with the window slightly open).</font>

Disneyland Hotel (Standard Room) Bathroom -
The bathrooms feature double sinks and a telephone. They are situated to the left of the room entrance.

Breakfast
<font size=2>All Disneyland Hotel packages include breakfast. Breakfast is taken at The Inventions or California Grill Restaurant every morning. You can arrive for breakfast during a certain time period, the most popular being 8am-9am. The Disneyland Hotel Character Breakfast has now ended. The Hotel now offers a "Character meet & greet" outside of the restaurant areas (the two restaurants are situated next to each other and there is a relaxing lounge area between the two). Each morning a whole host of characters gather in the lounge for photographs and autographs - exclusively for DLH guests! The breakfast food is very nice and includes a selection of meats, bacon, scrambled eggs, croissants, rolls/toast, cereal, fresh fruit juices and more. It is of a higher standard with a larger selection of food than the other DLRP hotels.

Castle Club (concierge service)
The Castle Club is situated on the third floor of the hotel and is a haven of tranquillity with its own reception desk and private lift with direct access in to The Disneyland Park. It also boasts a private lounge with afternoon tea and drinks/snacks served (free of charge). Castle Club is accessed by private elevators, which are situated near the restaurants/café, opposite The Gallery Mickey Shop. Staying in a Castle Club Room does not guarantee a park view. Make a request by calling the hotel or enquiring when checking in. Staying in Castle Club does, however, give you the benefit of a VIP FastPass booklet for your favourite attractions!

Suites
The Disneyland Hotel has different types of suites also available for a supplement. All suites come with access to Castle Club services.

Some of these include:

The Presidential Suite
The finest, most prestigious suite at Disneyland Resort Paris. Costing approximately £2,500 per night! (187m squared)

Walt’s Apartments
I believe that there are four of these, all of which are individually decorated and designed. These suites have a large living room with sofa, desk, TV & VCR and two balconies, the main bedrooms are spacious and have another balcony. The décor and size of these suites is great. (84m squared)

Tinker Bell Suite
69m squared

Junior Suite
58m squared

Rooms are ready at 3pm on the day of arrival, but if you arrive earlier then you can drop off your luggage at the baggage desk and collect your park passes for entry in to the park. An optional Disneyland Hotel Charge Card is available, which allows you to charge gifts, meals, etc. all to your room account. Express check-out is also available. The Disneyland Hotel identity card gives you access to the hotel swimming pool, breakfast and facilities. On the day of departure your room should be vacated by 11am. However, call the front desk if you plan on staying a little longer - usually it is not a problem if you let them know in advance.

<font size=4><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate"><font color=red>If you have any questions or comments regarding The Disneyland Hotel, then please post them here!</font></marquee></font>

Thank-You to The Tech Board for their help!

Wonderful (and beautifully presented!) reference material, Richard. Many thanks. You've saved me some work, too :teeth:

Thanks Richard! A most informative post!!!:D

We're off to the Disneyland hotel on the 10th of March.... Can't wait now!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Just one question regarding Breakfast!! Last time I was there in Nov 2000 breakfast was in the California Grill, or in small area just outside the restaurant to the left, and the Character Breakfast was at the Inventions Restaurant. Is this still the case or have they swapped the Venues around???

Thanks
Mickeyetta:earsgirl:

Hi Mickeyetta :wave:,

During Christmas/New Year of last year breakfast was apparently in The Inventions, with Character dining in California Grill. I think this is the way it still is.

However, when I last visited it was as you said (the other way around).

Which tour operator have you booked with?

A few (Cresta to name one) offer a character breakfast free-of-charge for every day of your stay, which is held in The California Grill.

To be honest, our friends who visited last Xmas said that there was no real system of checking when entering for breakfast. They had booked a charcter breakfast for one day of their stay, and when they arrived they weren't even asked for their vouchers or anything!

Anyway, you will be told on check-in where it is held each morning.

Have a great trip and please let us know if they have switched back round again!!

Richard. :)

Thanks Richard!

We've booked direct with DLP, so we just have the standard Breakfast included.

It seems as if they can't make up thier minds!! Or maybe they switch it round in busier periods because more people want to do the character thing?!?!?!?

Will definitely let you know which way round it is when I get back.....Not that I really want to come home!!!

Thanks Again

Hello All!

Just returned from the Disneyland Hotel!!!

Just to clarify that the Standard Breakfast is in the Inventions Restaurant and the Character Breakfast is in the Calafornia Grill!!

Will write a Short trip report later!

:wave: Welcome Home!! :wave:

Thanks for clarifying that, Mickeyetta.

I think it must be like you said - in the more popular periods they switch it around.

Thanks again, I look forward to reading your trip report.

Hi, I have a question with making reservations for Disneyland Hotel. I believe it is one of the smaller (number of rooms) hotels on the property. Should I book now or can I afford to wait? I plan on going to DLP Sept. 22nd for 3 nights. I called the central reservations for DLP and they said if I book now, I have to pay now. I am hesitant about paying in full when we don't know about the war going on and any possible terrorist activity in U.S. or Europe.

I guess if I knew or had a good idea that it is pretty busy at DLP around the time of our visit, and there was a good chance that I may not be able to get a room at Disneyland Hotel, I will jump ahead and just pay for the three days.

What do you think?

Thanks for any input.
Cynthia:Pinkbounc

Hi Cynthia :wave: ,

I would reccomend booking now, as all of the 'on-site' Disneyland Paris hotels do have extremely high occupancy rates and book up very far in advance, particuarly in high season.

The Disneyland Hotel is quite popular and has just 500 rooms, so I personally would book now to avoid dissapointment. If you want Castle Club then I would definitely book now as this seems to sell out even faster than standard rooms at the disneyland hotel.

Seen as you are going mid-week in September it may not be too bad, but to avoid it being full - I would stay safe and book now.

If you have any questions regarding Rooms/Views or anything else please ask.

Hi, Richard:

Thanks for the advice. I am going to take your recommendation and book as soon as possible. But...I think it might be okay to wait until April 3rd. This date seems to be the end of the winter/spring season for DLP. I am hoping and praying for a summer discount for late September. Right now, I don't think I can justify paying an additional $600 upgrade to the Castle Club. Yet, if they offer a 4 for 3 or free kid, then my upgrade would be much less.

In any case, I would probably be quite happy with the standard room at Disneyland Hotel. I will be sure to try and request a room near the west or east turnstiles.

If you think of any more neat advice for a first-timer, please post.

Can't wait to visit the House of Mouse.:Pinkbounc

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I think that you should be o.k waiting until April - hopefully there will be some kind of a discount.

$600 does seem like an awful lot for Castle Club, especially for just three nights. Standard rooms are fine IMO, unless you get a good deal for Castle Club.

If I think of anything else I'll make sure I PM you or post it here.

Also, I read about a thread regarding Character Meals, I must admit that every time we have been to The Disneyland Hotel Character Breakfast there have been staff on hand and it has been extremely civilized with Castmembers controlling the guests and characters - they visited each table. There were no 'mobs' of people (Different from when the characters are in the parks)

Hi, anyone tried castle club? I am having second thoughts about booking for castle club (currently have ressie for standard room only). Questions about castle club?

1) Do you get special rooms (different from standard rooms, or different location of rooms, or is it just special services)?

2) If just special services, are the castle club lounges available all day and night to CC hotel guests?

3) Are different foods/snacks served all day at CC lounge? What kind of foods?

4) Crass to fill up your water bottles/thermos with free soda or water at the CC lounge for visit to theme park?

Thanks for any help to decide whether to upgrade.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia :wave: ,

Go for Castle Club if the supplement isn't too high - It is an unforgettable experience easily rivalling even the best concierge services in Florida.

1. Castle Club Rooms are located on a dedicated floor (3rd) of the hotel with private elevators. A lot if the Castle Club Rooms have brilliant views over the park which are available for a supplement. However, if there is a park-view room available upon your arrival they may be inclined to upgrade you for a small charge or possibly for free if it is vacant for the entirety of your stay.

2. The Castle Club lounge is open daily from quite early until quite late, but not 24 hour.

3. There isn't as much food as some of the WDW concierge lounges, however there are gourmet snacks and a delicious afternoon tea is served. There is also great snacks for children.

4. We have never done this, however the Castle Club staff are EXTREMELY helpful and I can't honestly see this being a problem at all. I'm sure you would be allowed to fill your own bottles with mineral water or soda if you asked.

HTH, If you have any other questions please ask.

Richard - Wow!! :cool:
That was one great and informative post!

We are going in 3 weeks, for our second trip to DLP! :earsboy:

Simon V - Thank you for a great guide book! :cool:
The book A Brit's Guide to DLP has been such a great help for us! :)

I am new to this board, and I hope to find lots of interesting and fun topics on DLP.

See you around on the boards! :earsboy:

:wave: Welcome to The DIS ! :wave:

Glad the post helped. Everyone around here is really friendly and helpful so if you ever have any questions you're sure to get some help :)

Wow - 7 nights at Disneylan Paris - Great!! - We are leaving The Disneyland Hotel the day you arrive!, but we're just there for 3 nights.

Richard :)

Richard - It sure helped, although I belive that I have read almost everything printed about DLP... *LOL*

Thanks for the nice welcome, I am really excited to have found a board only about DLP, and in english too! :teeth:

I have one question for you, how do I get the counter in my sig.?
Eventhough I will be heading for DLP in 3 weeks, it would be neat to have one.

And one for my next Dinsey Vacation to WDW in 2005! :earsboy:

Yes, 7 nights is a little longer than the usual Classic Package, I know. But since I don't get to visit that often, I really want to live the magic all the way, when I finally get to go! :)

Where will you be staying on your visit?

/Jºoºnas :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!