The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Staying for the 1st time over the Christmas Holidays. Are there any specific room pictures/layout maps on which rooms are Standard, View, Premium like in the GHC Superthread?

Is bell services open early enough to drop off bags and still get to the parks before a 7:00 extra magic hour opening time?

.....I'm a newbie when it comes to DL (we've visited WDW numerous times). We have reservations for PPH but are considering changing them to the DLH. We only have a 2-night stay [we are actually visiting Ca. to attend a wedding in Carlsbad] but the difference would be around $300. Here's the rub: we've already spent a small fortune [car rental, airfare, hotel in Carlsbad, wedding gift, etc.] and this mini trip is basically free due to the Visa points we've accumulated. However, to play Devil's Advocate, chances are, we'll never visit DL again. Convince me to switch hotels....

.....I'm a newbie when it comes to DL (we've visited WDW numerous times). We have reservations for PPH but are considering changing them to the DLH. We only have a 2-night stay [we are actually visiting Ca. to attend a wedding in Carlsbad] but the difference would be around $300. Here's the rub: we've already spent a small fortune [car rental, airfare, hotel in Carlsbad, wedding gift, etc.] and this mini trip is basically free due to the Visa points we've accumulated. However, to play Devil's Advocate, chances are, we'll never visit DL again. Convince me to switch hotels....
Are you planning on using the pools? IMO: the pools are better at DLH. The rooms are much bigger than the PPH rooms.

What does the food spread look like in the E-ticket lounge? Any pics? :)

I may have a pic or two if you are still looking.

As of last week I’ve now stayed at both, and I have to say DLH blew us away. The property is beautiful and the rooms felt so cozy. I love PPH, but DLH just feels a little more decadent. We loved the shops and the close food options. The walk to the park was easy and security was always ridiculously fast.
If it’s once in a lifetime shot and you can afford it, I think you’ll really enjoy it. It’s going to be hard to stay elsewhere for us now but I doubt I’ll be able to afford to stay there again anytime soon!

A two night stay is not very long. I'm assuming you are only in the parks for a couple of days which is not much time to enjoy the parks. I would imagine you will not be spending any time at the hotel since you will be busy trying to get as many attractions done as you can. DLH is my absolute favorite but for this situation I would vote to stay at PP. The extra money isn't worth it if you wont even have the time to really enjoy it.

As of last week I’ve now stayed at both, and I have to say DLH blew us away. The property is beautiful and the rooms felt so cozy. I love PPH, but DLH just feels a little more decadent. We loved the shops and the close food options. The walk to the park was easy and security was always ridiculously fast.
If it’s once in a lifetime shot and you can afford it, I think you’ll really enjoy it. It’s going to be hard to stay elsewhere for us now but I doubt I’ll be able to afford to stay there again anytime soon!

We had the same experience recently (stayed at PPH 5 years ago and stayed at DLH at the end of February this year) and I have the exact same feelings!

Fresh Baked did a video tour of the E ticket lounge recently. It should be not too far back on the list of uploads.

I'll look for some pics later today.

I can tell you what they offered. We found it was a huge selection and everyone in our party of 10 was able to find lots to eat.

Breakfast: mickey waffles, fruit tray, veggie tray, yogourt with toppings, fresh berries, cookies, pastries, granola, juice, water, milk (they even brought up soy milk for my 6 year old), muffins, coffee (fancy nespresso machine), tea, gluten free muffins and bagels (you need to ask for these). We found that if they didn't have something and you asked, that they would bring it up.

Snacks (mid day): goldfish, snacks, cookies, packaged pb sandwiches, fruit tray, meat tray, veggie tray, dessert tray, yummy homemade chips, salsa. I'm sure there was more. A few days for lunch my husband and I got a nice sandwich from downtown Disney and then took the kids up to the lounge to eat. My kids love snacky food for lunch anyways, so it was perfect.

Evening: Trays of desserts, fruit, wine, beer, assorted appies, snacks.

All day there was a fridge with drinks available.

I'm sure I'm missing some items.

A lot of the items were available all day. The breakfast was the biggest assortment. We used it every morning for breakfast. We also usually went back for snacks to take to the pool. They allow you to take food out and even give you paper plates. Every evening we took desserts back to our room and fruit. We also grabbed water and juice boxes and snacks for the park. We used it a ton. We had 4 kids with us and so I think we made very good use of it. The coffee was amazing and so nice to have unlimited coffee and pop.
They had a special kids table with little chairs and a tv, so they could watch tv and eat. I would say with small kids it was a fabulous deal and would totally go again.

Breakfast: mickey waffles, fruit tray, veggie tray, yogourt with toppings, fresh berries, cookies, pastries, granola, juice, water, milk (they even brought up soy milk for my 6 year old), muffins, coffee (fancy nespresso machine), tea, gluten free muffins and bagels (you need to ask for these). We found that if they didn't have something and you asked, that they would bring it up.

Snacks (mid day): goldfish, snacks, cookies, packaged pb sandwiches, fruit tray, meat tray, veggie tray, dessert tray, yummy homemade chips, salsa. I'm sure there was more. A few days for lunch my husband and I got a nice sandwich from downtown Disney and then took the kids up to the lounge to eat. My kids love snacky food for lunch anyways, so it was perfect.

Evening: Trays of desserts, fruit, wine, beer, assorted appies, snacks.

All day there was a fridge with drinks available....
...thanks for the info...:thumbsup2

Anyone have some pool construction photos?

Fresh Baked had some video of the pool not too long ago on their YouTube channel. I think it was the one where they check out Tangeroa Terrace

Here it is. Just a quick view though

Fresh Baked had some video of the pool not too long ago on their YouTube channel. I think it was the one where they check out Tangeroa Terrace

Here it is. Just a quick view though
....lovin' the vid! :thumbsup2

Hi Kimmar! We got back a few weeks ago from our first DL trip. If you can swing it, I'd stay at the DL hotel. It was AMAZING! Loved everything about it and that was even with the pool slide and one pool closed. So easy to get to security at DTD and off to the parks. If you want me to answer any questions, just PM me.
Ty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter