The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I tried to scan the first couple dozen pages, and tried searching but I must not be using the right keywords...
A couple people mentioned where they got their under skirts...specifically the difference between the ones that go out from the waist (like the ones Disney sells) and the ones that start to increase in volume closer to the hip (therefore not accentuating the middle/tummy area :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd like to know this as well. I didn't realise there was a difference. I already have one, so I'd better check what type that is.

For anyone interested in the Mary Blair print dresses (they were in the Dress Shop a few months ago, not sure if they're still there). Anyways, Pinup Girl Clothing is having a crazy sale right now and the site has some of the dresses for $50 (the plane print, the boat, the train and possibly others).
Do you have any idea if these dresses run the same as the Disney Parks dresses at Cherry Hill? I love the Pinup Couture yellow train dress but is only available in XS - that is my size for the Tiki Room and Small World dresses, but the Pinup size chart puts me more at a Small. Thanks for any insight!

Has anyone seen the Her Universe Frontierland top and skirt in the Dress Shop yet? It was announced at D23 along with the Fantasyland dress that's available now...
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.48.49 AM.png

Do you have any idea if these dresses run the same as the Disney Parks dresses at Cherry Hill? I love the Pinup Couture yellow train dress but is only available in XS - that is my size for the Tiki Room and Small World dresses, but the Pinup size chart puts me more at a Small. Thanks for any insight!
The Dress Shop dresses are definitely different from the Pinup Girl Clothing brand. I've ordered a few things from Pinup Girl Clothing and I recommend following the size chart on the page for the item you're purchasing. Unlike the Disney dresses, I find the measurements on the PUG Clothing site to be accurate (and they can vary between items - you could be a small in one style of dress and an xsmall in another so make sure you check each individual size chart!)

I tried to scan the first couple dozen pages, and tried searching but I must not be using the right keywords...
A couple people mentioned where they got their under skirts...specifically the difference between the ones that go out from the waist (like the ones Disney sells) and the ones that start to increase in volume closer to the hip (therefore not accentuating the middle/tummy area :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I bought one from Aliexpress - it was only $8 and fits great! They ship directly from China so it takes awhile but if your'e not in a hurry, you can't beat the price.

NEWS

A new dole whip inspired dress is now available from The Dress Shop at Walt Disney World. The dress features a repeating pattern of the wonderful treat alongside flowers and drink umbrellas. It retails for $128 and can be found in Cherry Tree Lane in Disney Springs and Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom.

upload_2018-8-22_22-47-38.png

upload_2018-8-22_22-47-49.png

Thanks to Blog Mickey for information and photos! :thumbsup2
Link: http://blogmickey.com/2018/08/dole-whip-dress-arrives-at-walt-disney-world/

NEWS
A new dole whip inspired dress is now available from The Dress Shop at Walt Disney World. The dress features a repeating pattern of the wonderful treat alongside flowers and drink umbrellas. It retails for $128 and can be found in Cherry Tree Lane in Disney Springs and Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom.

Very cute. A bit bubbly for work though. Maybe bow should really be in the back......
Super fun summer dress for outings.

Very cute. A bit bubbly for work though. Maybe bow should really be in the back......
Super fun summer dress for outings.

It looks like the bow might not be sewn in, it looks more like a belt. Maybe it could be turned around. I'll be there the first week of September, I'll check it out and report back. :)

It looks like the bow might not be sewn in, it looks more like a belt. Maybe it could be turned around. I'll be there the first week of September, I'll check it out and report back. :)

That's what I was thinking...I was questioning their choice to show it tied in the front.
Will look forward to your report - if you try it on, please share a pic!!

That's what I was thinking...I was questioning their choice to show it tied in the front.
Will look forward to your report - if you try it on, please share a pic!!

It does seem strange for it to be shown in the front, but maybe they didn't want to show a back view but wanted to highlight the bow? This is why I'm not in marketing. :rotfl2:I'll try to take pictures if I try it on, but I'll be solo so it'll be one of those classy mirror selfies. :upsidedow

Am I the only one who thinks the belt/bow looks cheap? I guess you could remove it but it looks like the dress has belt loops so you'd have to replace it with a belt. Ehhh.

Has anyone had success returning a dress from the Disney Store website to the Disney Store? Since they don't sell the Dumbo dress in store, I'm not sure if they'll take it...

I was told it was up to the particular store manager if they will accept the merchandise from on line items to return or not. I know that my local store does because the dresses show up on the racks occasionally.

I think I won't return it... though I wish I hadn't missed the current sale!

I see what people mean about the top of this dress being too big. I am glad I ordered a XL because it is very comfortable on my waist, but it is big on the top. I "fixed" it by 1) wearing a push-up bra - I'm a C cup but a D would definitely fit comfortably 2) pulling up and pinning down the top of the straps to shorten and lift the bodice (for future stitching). Of course, it will be less than perfect if anyone looks closely but it looks fine at a casual glance (and my hair covers it).

I will say that I'm not 100% thrilled with it. I feel rather elephant like myself in it. However...it's very VERY wrinkled, so it should also look much better after I iron it..

2visgeh.jpg
wbuf68.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!