The Dry Heat Expedition (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Disneyland)--UPDATE 6/12 (KSC and DTD)

Welcome home Mark!

Sorry to hear about your FiL. Definitely not what you want to deal with when you return home from vacation. I hope everything has gone well with the process and Julie is handling it all ok.

I am so sorry for your loss, Mark. What a difficult and sad situation to come home to. Your family is in my prayers.

I don't think I said yet how much I enjoyed your report about your Scotty's birthday weekend. Even the golf parts. I am really looking forward to getting out to Kennedy Space Center again sometime (it's been about 30 years, so I have no memory of it).

Glad to hear you enjoyed your big family trip, too! I'm excited to read about it when you have the time to get started.

Thank you, Karin.

I'm glad you enjoyed the mini-TR. It was great to have a weekend away just with Scotty.

I'm sorry about all the circumstances and things going on. Sad about the passing of your FiL, but it seems you have come to terms with the silver lining of the situation.

I don't envy you on the part about clearing the house and tidying up the estate. Fran was an only child too, and we dragged our feet on that one. I hope you two wrap it up in a timely matter and are able to move on quickly.

Thanks, Alison. There are some blessings in this to be thankful for. I've been telling people that on the good side, Julie is an only child so it's easy to figure out who gets what. On the downside, she's an only child so we have to do all the work! I'm sure you and Fran can relate.

Welcome home Mark!

Sorry to hear about your FiL. Definitely not what you want to deal with when you return home from vacation. I hope everything has gone well with the process and Julie is handling it all ok.

Thanks, Andy. I think we're managing ok. We have some friends who made meals for us so Julie didn't have to worry about that while she makes 1,001 phone calls. The biggest thing now is getting copies of death certificates mailed out to the banks, insurance companies, etc.

So sorry about the loss of your Father-in-Law Mark. My condolences to Julie and the rest of the family.

Welcome home from your trip out west, can't wait to read about it.

But I also had a little catching up to do on your Scotty mini-trip. The Atlantis sure looked impressive in the pictures, I'm sure they don't even compare to seeing it in real life.

I tried to scheme my way into getting new decorations for my house:

IMG_8756.jpg

But at $150 a pop, that wasn’t going to happen.

I saw (and droooled over) these signs at DTD also. And like you, at the price they were asking, I left them at DTD!

So sorry about the loss of your Father-in-Law Mark. My condolences to Julie and the rest of the family.

Thanks, Glenn. I appreciate it.

Welcome home from your trip out west, can't wait to read about it.

But I also had a little catching up to do on your Scotty mini-trip. The Atlantis sure looked impressive in the pictures, I'm sure they don't even compare to seeing it in real life.

I think the KSC is definitely worth the trip if you ever get the chance to get over there.

I saw (and droooled over) these signs at DTD also. And like you, at the price they were asking, I left them at DTD!

:faint: I still show them to Julie and suggest they might make a nice Christmas present...

How could you decide on one? Or were you thinking of several?

Naturally, I'd love the collection. But I'm not an oil baron, so if I had to choose, the ones that most caught my eye were the Big Thunder Mountain/Frontierland/Tom Sawyer Island and of course the Aloha Isle signs.

Naturally, I'd love the collection. But I'm not an oil baron, so if I had to choose, the ones that most caught my eye were the Big Thunder Mountain/Frontierland/Tom Sawyer Island and of course the Aloha Isle signs.

Those were the exact two that I was eyeing. Good choices!

Mark, just wanted to say that you and Julie and your family are in my prayers. How hard it must be to come home to that! Thinking of you guys, but also really looking forward to your next TR. I'll admit to having a bit of withdrawal

So sorry to hear about your FIL. My condolences and prayers to yours and her family. There never is a good time but I guess all things considered it was the best it could be.

I am an only child too so I totally understand the situation. Big :hug: to your family and when ever you are able and ready I am looking forward to the TR.

Mark, just wanted to say that you and Julie and your family are in my prayers. How hard it must be to come home to that! Thinking of you guys, but also really looking forward to your next TR. I'll admit to having a bit of withdrawal

Thank you! Hopefully I'll get the TR started soon.

So sorry to hear about your FIL. My condolences and prayers to yours and her family. There never is a good time but I guess all things considered it was the best it could be.

I am an only child too so I totally understand the situation. Big :hug: to your family and when ever you are able and ready I am looking forward to the TR.

Thanks Pat! It was definitely hard to come home to, but also a blessing that we didn't have to cut the trip short.

I know I welcomed you back on FB, but here is your official DIS welcome home!!!!!!

I was so sorry to hear about your FIL. How absolutely devastating to come home and learn that. I am sure you planned a lovely memorial service.

Looking for to the next trip report. Make sure you send out the bat signal.

I know I welcomed you back on FB, but here is your official DIS welcome home!!!!!!

Thanks Mary Ellen!

I was so sorry to hear about your FIL. How absolutely devastating to come home and learn that. I am sure you planned a lovely memorial service.

It was short and sweet. He was a man of few words and little fuss, so the service reflected that.

Looking for to the next trip report. Make sure you send out the bat signal.

I'm hoping to get it started soon!

First up was Scotty. He chose a junior-size driver. Scotty stood to the side, taking a few practice swings. He lined up his shot, set his feet, drew the club back…

IMG_8660.jpg

…and hit a line drive right into the pond. Ker-sploosh.

IMG_8661.jpg
Well of course he did. You should have given Scotty Gilmore a hockey stick instead of a driver!
Ahh, the joy of traveling with parents as an adult. It makes you wonder how you made it through a family trip as a kid!
Probably because as kids, we were ALL Oblivious..................;)

I thought this display was cool. It runs from the liquid rocket fuel temperature all the way up through the temperature of that same rocket fuel burning in the engine.

IMG_8720.jpg
I agree.........this is quite cool. :thumbsup2
I thought these mugs were cool, too. It also showed that NASA engineers are very familiar with the actual taste of Starbucks (sorry, Kathy):

IMG_8749.jpg
:rotfl:

I really enjoyed the updates on your Florida trip! The visit to TPC and the golf museum looks very interesting, and I really need to go back to Kennedy Space Center sometime! The last time I was there was in the heyday of the Apollo program, and we got to see one of the rockets being prepared in the Assembly Building when we were there! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter