The Edison- anything heard lately?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Info seems scarce on The Edison at Disney Springs- anyone know what the status is on it? I had hoped it would be open in early Nov but considering I can't find anything but some construction updates from early this year I'm suspecting it's not opening anytime soon...

You'll be posting pics as soon as we get interior intel, right? I was sad it wasn't open at the end of Sept.

And to think no I originally had hopes it would be open the end of May. Clearly it is a huge project which seems to have had some shifts in direction during development but it really is taking a while!

I mean, what do they think this is? A parking garage?

And to think no I originally had hopes it would be open the end of May. Clearly it is a huge project which seems to have had some shifts in direction during development but it really is taking a while!

I mean, what do they think this is? A parking garage?
There were definite changes from the original plans to what’s happening.

Still behind walls. Windows have been installed. Not sure what the inside looks like yet of course.

Have there been any reports of job postings for this yet? That's normally our first indication of when a restaurant will be opening.

Well? No Menus that we know of. Until there are Menus, it's sort of just an unfinished building - not a Restaurant :(.

Can anyone speculate as to why it is taking so long? I've been watching several bloggers for a while now and they all do a piece on "let's see how the Edison is coming along" every now and then. I just read some info about the place - trying to understand why this could be taking so long. The Disney Blog said it is 4 "spaces" under that roof. Perhaps something wasn't up to code...or who knows. They sure are taking their sweet time.

As per standard protocol these days, Disney is just giving Universal the opportunity to first announce a bigger, better and more exciting venue on CityWalk called The Tesla before opening the doors.

Today's winner...shadow stevens for the block...

Can anyone speculate as to why it is taking so long? I've been watching several bloggers for a while now and they all do a piece on "let's see how the Edison is coming along" every now and then. I just read some info about the place - trying to understand why this could be taking so long. The Disney Blog said it is 4 "spaces" under that roof. Perhaps something wasn't up to code...or who knows. They sure are taking their sweet time.

As you say there are multiple "spaces" in this project. The Edison part has been planned from the beginning, but the other parts have changed over time. It seems that the original plans didn't pan out which is probably what delayed the whole project.

My husband and I have been dying for Edison to open and yet it seems perpetually delayed. Perhaps it's due to the current construction on Portobello, depending on if Disney is using the same contracting team for both projects? I'm hard pressed to find a reason why it could be taking so long to make any significant progress, let alone complete it finally.

My husband and I have been dying for Edison to open and yet it seems perpetually delayed. Perhaps it's due to the current construction on Portobello, depending on if Disney is using the same contracting team for both projects? I'm hard pressed to find a reason why it could be taking so long to make any significant progress, let alone complete it finally.

I recall at one point hoping it would be open for my trip in late May (2017) - so, yeah, lots of delays :rotfl:

I think the big thing is that it is really 4 spaces in one and the plans seem to have changed a lot over time more than the construction crews (as work on this started before the refurb of Portabello I believe)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!