The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Need help from the great DIS folks for a Pooh sized semi-emergency....
The TLDR is -- I need to find ASAP some Mens big & tall socks (size 13) in either Star Wars or any other Disney theme. I have searched EVERYWHERE, including Amazon with no luck. We leave in 5 days so it's gonna have to be someplace I can buy in person or get with reasonably priced 2 day shipping.

The story if you care is that we are taking a big family trip. For Christmas, everyone got a pair of Star Wars (the guys) or Mickey/Minnie (the girls) socks. Our plan is all wear them on travel day for when they make us take our shoes off at the airport. 😂 Well, one of the guys is quite large and his socks didn't fit. Like at all. Is there anywhere you larger guys shop that has fun socks??

Thanks so much for any help!

The TLDR is -- I need to find ASAP some Mens big & tall socks (size 13) in either Star Wars or any other Disney theme. I have searched EVERYWHERE, including Amazon with no luck. We leave in 5 days so it's gonna have to be someplace I can buy in person or get with reasonably priced 2 day shipping.

The story if you care is that we are taking a big family trip. For Christmas, everyone got a pair of Star Wars (the guys) or Mickey/Minnie (the girls) socks. Our plan is all wear them on travel day for when they make us take our shoes off at the airport. 😂 Well, one of the guys is quite large and his socks didn't fit. Like at all. Is there anywhere you larger guys shop that has fun socks??

My hubs rocks the XL socks too - and I'm sad to say I've never seen any licensed Disney socks that would fit him. The most fun socks I've found are online at a site called The Sock Drawer - many cute designs, but again nothing licensed. I'll be interested too if anyone knows where to get them!

Stance Socks might be your answer here. Their large size goes up to men’s shoe size 13, and they have a lot of Star Wars designs. The biggest issue (no pun intended) is that 2-day shipping will basically double the cost of the socks, unless you have a Stance store near you.

Stance Socks might be your answer here. Their large size goes up to men’s shoe size 13, and they have a lot of Star Wars designs. The biggest issue (no pun intended) is that 2-day shipping will basically double the cost of the socks, unless you have a Stance store near you.

I've never heard of them, so probably no store but I will check into it. Thank you for the suggestion.

I am heading to WDW in February. SWGE is a big thing for my little one. Does anyone know if RoR is Pooh Size friendly? I was able to ride Star Tours and Dinosaur in June last year but have been dealing with issues from lymphedema in my legs and mid section so I am worried about being able to ride with him.

Finally got to ride RotR. I am 275lbs, 5’7”, size 22/2X and I was seated next to the door that opens that you enter and leave from. It wouldn’t shut at first because my leg was touching it. The CM announced those by the door should move to the right...they were only talking to me and I caught on quickly and bunched my legs together so it would close. It was a tight fit! I wouldn’t want to be much bigger trying to ride comfortably:(

I have a trip coming up in May and was wondering what everyone wears to stay cool. I was planning on capris because my usual jeans would be way too hot. I found these capris at Duluth Trading. Dry on the Fly Capris. But I'm not sure what to do for a top. I don't usually do tank tops but I might if I can find something flattering and cute. I like to wear layers up top but that probably wouldn't work for the Florida heat. Any suggestions?

I have a trip coming up in May and was wondering what everyone wears to stay cool. I was planning on capris because my usual jeans would be way too hot. I found these capris at Duluth Trading. Dry on the Fly Capris. But I'm not sure what to do for a top. I don't usually do tank tops but I might if I can find something flattering and cute. I like to wear layers up top but that probably wouldn't work for the Florida heat. Any suggestions?
I like these shirts from Bass Pro. Tehy are light weight and breath really well and they are cute with shorts or capris

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/world-wide-sportsman-boca-ii-nylon-shirt-for-ladies

Old Navy has some really cute tops in their active wear section, all made of wicking material, and their sister company Athleta has some plus-sizes as well. Target has some similar options online, too. Also, I am always on the lookout for cargo-style capris, and I found some really cute ones made by a company called Aventura... I'd never heard of it, but I ended up placing two separate orders because I liked the fit so much.

Great thread, here! I wonder if it could be made into a forum like the Disabilities forum?

Does anyone know if there is any kind of weight restriction/recommendations on Prince Charming's Carrousel? What I mean is, if you can climb on the horse will it go up and down or should not climb on one if you're over a certain weight? I have the same concerns about Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Those aren't high priority rides for me. I won't be breaking any children's heart by not going on them. If there's a chance that Dumbo is just gonna drag his tail on the ground while I'm on it, I'd rather just avoid that mortification entirely. Likewise, I don't want to be the one who breaks the 103 year old carousel! If the option is open, I'd probably try these things but it would put a huge pall over the trip if I felt like I broke something. Any thoughts?

Great thread, here! I wonder if it could be made into a forum like the Disabilities forum?

Does anyone know if there is any kind of weight restriction/recommendations on Prince Charming's Carrousel? What I mean is, if you can climb on the horse will it go up and down or should not climb on one if you're over a certain weight? I have the same concerns about Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Those aren't high priority rides for me. I won't be breaking any children's heart by not going on them. If there's a chance that Dumbo is just gonna drag his tail on the ground while I'm on it, I'd rather just avoid that mortification entirely. Likewise, I don't want to be the one who breaks the 103 year old carousel! If the option is open, I'd probably try these things but it would put a huge pall over the trip if I felt like I broke something. Any thoughts?
I've never had an issue nor seen anyone have an issue on any of those rides. I will say at my heaviest the carousel was uncomfortable, but still no problem to ride. And ride Dumbo and magic carpets. You won't have a problem.

My child and I combined were probably 400 when we rode on a horse together last fall.

I have ridden Dumbo and Magic Carpet many times at around 350 pounds. Probably around the same for the Carousel. The only issue I ever had with the Carousel was getting on and off the horses. I would chose a "low" horse to mount, and when it came time to dismount, it was really high. This is probably more of a knee issue than a weight issue, but something to keep in mind with accessibility. I will ride Dumbo and Magic Carpet on solo trips, especially at After Hours events. I need my husband, though, to ride the Carousel in case I need help on the dismount. I also rode the Astro Orbiter during an After Hours event, and it was hilarious (in hindsight) trying to get out of the darn thing. You basically sit flat on the floor of the vehicle, and I had a devil of a time getting my right leg (the one with the good knee) up under myself to climb out. It worked out, and I'd ride it again, but only when it's not busy at all. ;-)

Hello everyone! Planning a trip for next year! One of my brothers is 6'6" with a 60 in waist. Tell me everything in terms of rides to avoid for him! If anyone is similarly sized that could comment, that would be of utmost appreciation!!!

Hello everyone! Planning a trip for next year! One of my brothers is 6'6" with a 60 in waist. Tell me everything in terms of rides to avoid for him! If anyone is similarly sized that could comment, that would be of utmost appreciation!!!
For sure not similar, I’m only 5’3 but I think his height alone will be a big issue for Seven Dwarves and Flight of Passage for sure. A lot of the coaster are going to be tight for his legs. The front row can offer more leg room on a lot of rides. I think rides like Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, Navi River, Small World, anything with a bench style seat would work great. There’s a plus sized park vlogger with a lot of videos on YouTube. She’s short like me but has a lot of good information. Hope that helps a bit. Have a great trip!

There’s a plus sized park vlogger with a lot of videos on YouTube. She’s short like me but has a lot of good information. Hope that helps a bit. Have a great trip!
Are you talking about Pammie Plus Parks? I agree, she has a lot of great info for plus size people at Orlando area theme parks. Her primary focus is WDW, but I've also seen some Universal and Sea World videos (and other attractions too) on her channel.

For sure not similar, I’m only 5’3 but I think his height alone will be a big issue for Seven Dwarves and Flight of Passage for sure. A lot of the coaster are going to be tight for his legs. The front row can offer more leg room on a lot of rides. I think rides like Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, Navi River, Small World, anything with a bench style seat would work great. There’s a plus sized park vlogger with a lot of videos on YouTube. She’s short like me but has a lot of good information. Hope that helps a bit. Have a great trip!
Hi there! I am 6'3" with a 52 inch waist. Although everyone carries their weight differently, hopefully the below will be helpful to you.

I did not fit on:
Flight of Passage
Goofy's Barnstormer

I fit, but it was uncomfortable:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain (I did not feel safe on this one)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Oribiter
Kali River Rapids (unless they have brought back the belt extenders)

I fit, but front of car is going to be best:
Test Track
Rockin Roller Coaster
Big Thunder Mountain
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Everything else I have not really had any issues on. I have not had the opportunity to ride Slinky Dog Dash or Rise of the Resistance yet.

Another helpful YouTube channel is Parks in Your Pocket. The guy who runs it is 6'8"

His hight and 7dmt and flight of passage are going to be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!