The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

That afternoon, we went to Walmart. Walmart is awesome with all of its Disney stuff! I saw these Eeyore pants, but I didn't buy them because I just couldn't justify the expense. I have black ones with Mickey on them, but I don't love Eeyore as much.
IMG_4074.jpg

For dinner that night, I just had soup. Haha, considering the trip was in August 08 and it is now March 09, I don't remember what soup I had. Weird and Ninja enjoyed it though. They enjoy all the meals they share together.
IMG_4076.jpg

The next morning, I made potato pancakes for breakfast. I don't know why I decided to make a massive pancake for the last batch instead of a Mickey head! I should work on my Mickey head pancakes.
IMG_4078.jpg

Weird and Ninja had an outing planned. They were heading over to Jamestown! Yay for more learning! This kind of learning was fun though because they were allowed to touch everything!

There was a small Powhatan village there that Weird and Ninja explored first. Here are some dancing poles set up.
IMG_4081.jpg

Each pole had a unique face. It was kind of frightening standing in the middle of them all, but the two were insistent that they get a picture to show you readers.
IMG_4082.jpg

Here is some dead animal skin!
IMG_4083.jpg

These are the huts that the Powhatan Indians live in. They seem kind of small, but in actuality, they're pretty big!
IMG_4096.jpg

We went inside the houses to check those out. The first one had a ton of dead animal carcasses in it! Well, the fur at least. This one was a bit creepy because the whole place was covered with animals! My mom didn't even want to step inside, she was content to just peer through the door. I bravely went in because Weird and Ninja wanted to get a picture with the wolf.
IMG_4086.jpg

Racoon tails. And the thing is, you're allowed to touch everything ... haha, not that I touched this ...
IMG_4087.jpg

This was probably the creepiest one and it was the first one we saw too! So seeing all those animal furs was a bit much!
IMG_4090.jpg

Grinding some corn!
IMG_4092.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

Bird feathers ... with the bird still there? Didn't want to find out!
IMG_4095.jpg

We went into a house that was a little different on the inside because of partitions. So we walked alongside a partition, kind of like a hallway, and then we saw this HUGE monstrosity! It is a huge black bear! Or ... it was a huge black bear.
IMG_4097.jpg

Later one of the reenactors asked if we saw the chief's house. We didn't know which one it was and she said it was the one that had the huge black bear in it! She then asked if we touched it and we said we didn't because we were a little intimidated by its size! Unfortunately you can't really see it in this picture. I wanted to get my brother in the picture for a size comparison, but he was really scared (I don't blame him!).

Oh yeah, the woman also told my mom that this black bear got hit by a Mack truck. So they got it, ate the meat, and then that's why they have the fur. It was a 400 pound bear!

Building a campfire. Haha, I feel like Weird and Ninja got pretty dirty during this trip!
IMG_4099.jpg

Getting ready to roast veggies!
IMG_4100.jpg

This is a scarecrow hut. Again we learned this from that same woman. She told my mom that someone like my mom would go up there with us kids and stay there to scare away any birds or animals who wanted to eat our food.
IMG_4103.jpg

There was a rooster and lots of hens running around. This guy kept cockle-doodle-doo-ing!
IMG_4109.jpg

Weird and Ninja hanging out with an assortment of baskets and "bowls" (ie. like that turtle shell).
IMG_4110.jpg

Then they wanted to sit on the chair with fur that I just sat on. They thought it was very soft!
IMG_4111.jpg

We were starting to feel a bit drained being on our feet for so long (there was actually an indoor museum that we went through before the Powhatan village - pictures weren't allowed). We took a break and had a Chipwich since we didn't want to walk all the way back to buy food for lunch and the only thing available there was an ice cream cart. Plus, it was getting pretty hot.
IMG_4120.jpg

Next we headed off to see the 3 boats, full-size replicas of the 3 boats that brought over the 104 men and boys who came and started Jamestown.

IMG_4126.jpg

We went below deck on one of the ships to see how little room there was for so many people! We stopped to play a game while there! Or at least pretend.
IMG_4128.jpg

Weird and Ninja hanging out in a jug to escape the heat at that point.
IMG_4132.jpg

I moved this and it moved the rudder and the entire boat moved ... I blamed it on Weird and Ninja.
IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

Weird and Ninja were hungry so they decided to cook ... um, sushi.
IMG_4141.jpg

Don't worry. They remembered to clean up after themselves.
IMG_4143.jpg

They were tired after all that hard work (they are only a few inches, remember), but they weren't about to nap on of the grungy beds!
IMG_4144.jpg

Where's Tinkerbell?!
IMG_4147.jpg

This guy was explaining to us how to shoot a cannon.
IMG_4149.jpg

He asked my brother what were the 3 things you needed to shoot something out ... he answered gun powder and then a cannon ball (though they normally shot something else out, forgot what it was called, but I'll show a picture of it later ... because the point was to just cut the sails and not for penetration) ... then he didn't know the last one. A random guy came up and was like, "Fire" when my brother was thinking. Thanks random guy. We were talking to the reenactor by ourselves because mom asked the question but then other people joined in, which was fine, but give my bro a chance!

After the lesson, Weird and Ninja were tempted to try it all out ... after they got some gun powder ...
IMG_4156.jpg

... they loaded it into a cannon ... but then I scolded them and they walked away.
IMG_4158.jpg

Suit of armor ... it scared my brother and me. It's just ... there. What happens at night in the middle of the ocean ... We didn't get a chance to ask why it was there, like why it would be needed.
IMG_4164.jpg

Barrels. Isn't that interesting? Well, not really, but I was waiting for my mom and brother to get off the boat. It was getting too claustrophobic and hot for me.
IMG_4170.jpg

Then it was off to James Fort! We paddled our way over.
IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Weird and Ninja in front of dried up corn stalks. Cornnn! The one on the right is a corn on the fob :D
IMG_4172.jpg

I helped the settlers sweep a bit. Their houses were quite dusty!
IMG_4176.jpg

This reminded me of Fantasia!
IMG_4178.jpg

Random picture of the back of a house.
IMG_4179.jpg

This guy was a blacksmith. He explained how he fixed a lot of things in the town.
IMG_4182.jpg

We tried on some of the armor. It was difficult getting that thing on my brother because it's really heavy and I didn't want to konk him on the head when I was holding it above him to slip over him.
IMG_4186-1.jpg

This was actually really heavy! I had to help my brother hold it up and it was difficult getting it back up on that barrel! That was my exercise for the day ... you know, other than the being on my feet the ENTIRE day (including making breakfast!).
IMG_4189-1.jpg

I was being very wifely and motherly and serving pretend food to my non-existent husband and children.
IMG_4193.jpg

Weird and Ninja sitting on a pew in church. Haha, can you even see them?
IMG_4200.jpg

I could say something architectural here but ... I'm still learning. So ... architecture.
IMG_4210.jpg

I'm not sure if this basin was for like, holy water or something?
IMG_4211.jpg

KEGS! Of Nestea iced tea, of course. Or green tea.
IMG_4213.jpg

This guy loaded his musket and then BOOM! We heard it when we were in the Powhatan village and at the boats but it's so different when you're this close to it! It was so loud!
IMG_4216.jpg

This is the armory. The silver things on the floor that kind of look like weights is what could be shot out of cannons, according to that guy on the boat. Those were good to cut the sails.
IMG_4218.jpg

While my brother went back to try a bowling game, I took a picture of the garden outside from inside James Fort.
IMG_4221.jpg

While waiting, I also learned that they had M&M's during the colonial times.
IMG_4224.jpg

Time to garden!
IMG_4225.jpg

I got to try carrying a sword. It was actually quite heavy.
IMG_4228.jpg

Afterward, it was time to leave! We called my dad to come pick us up (it was very close to where we stayed). We waited outside on the benches. Don't mind the crookedness of this picture! I know it's not centered, but I liked the benches.
IMG_4235.jpg

Weird and Ninja liked them too. So detailed and all.
IMG_4237.jpg

Goodbye Jamestown Settlement!
IMG_4238.jpg

Glad to see you both on here.

Rachel I hope you have a better week this week than last. :eek:
My kids do not enjoy state testing and from what I read on here it doesn't seem teachers like it any better. :sad2:

I really enjoyed the Jamestown photos. Lots of interesting things to see and learn about. Looks like the flats had a great time, as well as your family.

Weird wanted to be a colonial soldier.
IMG_4064.jpg

Definitely missing the real Weird while I was there!
IMG_4066.jpg

Leaving the store, Weird and Ninja saw a well! Not exactly Cinderella’s Well …
IMG_4069.jpg

Sadly the well reminds me of VFK and their unimaginative graphics. (sorry to VFK fans) Weird and Ninja in the photo frames .. sooo cute.

Loved the story of Weird's Christmas gifts to you .. what a thoughtful guy. You guys should just go ahead and get engaged, it doesn't really require a ring, just a commitment to be together. :hug:

Just a quick little post, I've been working on a bunch of different stuff for school (thesis, flash, getting ready for graduation, etc.) but I've gotten really into the whole animation thing! As some of you know, for those of you that have been following, my flash animation was about VMK! I still don't know how to post it up as a shockwave animation yet, hopefully someone can help me with that? Anyway, here's a little preview of what I'm working on for the final (a montage of a few Disney films) turned into a wallpaper that you all can use! Enjoy!!

LC_BGcopy.jpg

BTW, big fan of TRON. Haha, couldn't tell, could you? :goodvibes

Can you believe it has been over 3 months since either of us has made a peep on this thread?!? It's terrible! So just to reassure all you lovely few that we are still alive, here's quick update on our lives and a few pictures ...

(1) I finished my 2nd year of teaching. Woohoo! The greatest accomplishment of my year was that every single 6th grader got a 3 or higher on the NYS Verbal test (3 is on grade level and it's out of 4). I was ecstatic! That's 100% of my students! Granted I don't have many students, but even so, it was thrilling since we have a handful who have IEPs. I would've said that my greatest accomplishment was not crying after work every single day like I did during my 1st year, but that's not something I can write down on my resume.

(2) Weird graduated in May! Woohoo! That means it's one step closer to our being engaged then being married then having our Disneymoon! And for flat Weird and Ninja it's extra exciting because it means their first trip to WDW! Of course, graduating during a recession wasn't exactly a "woohoo" kind of thing ... yeah. Neither was the fact that his school had the graduation on a Monday ... when I had work so I couldn't even get any pictures with him at Radio City Music Hall in his cap and gown.

(3) We celebrated our 1st anniversary at the beginning of this month! Woohoo! We were actually at our church retreat and we had plans to wake up early and watch the sunrise together (silly me, I was going to write sunset!).

However, plans changed due to some issues going on at home concerning my dad's health so my mom actually backed out the night before. That left me to watch my little brother (Piglet, as you may know him if you've read the TR I never completed ...) throughout those 4 days! I had to switch rooms and all that. That meant no waking up early in the morning to watch the rising of the sun (clever of me, isn't it, to avoid writing sunrise again ... oh wait ...). We also couldn't stay up late the night before to look at the stars and snap the glow sticks he bought from the dollar store ages ago! Oh well.

It is pretty gosh darn amazing that we've been together for over a year now. We didn't make it to 6 months when we dated the first time, and now it's a whole different story. Weird's going to have to look at my face for the rest of his life, muuahhaha.

(4) The biggest thing that's been happening lately is that I finally bought curtains to replace the blinds in my room. No, I'm joking. The most recent thing is that Weird is actually in Vancouver! And Vancouver is in British Columbia! And British Columbia is in Canada! Yes, I did just learn that today. I just assumed Vancouver, Canada. I'm probably just a stupid American. Anyway ...

Weird is unfortunately still unemployed here in the states (look at me saying "in the states," I sound so international). His relatives came down from Toronto and Vancouver to visit, and they came up with the brilliant plan for Weird to go to Vancouver to help out his uncle who is a building inspector. It was a very spur of the moment kind of thing. I remember hearing about it on a Monday night, and then the ticket was bought on that following Thursday, I believe. And that ticket was for a flight leaving the next Tuesday!

I'd say it was a difficult adjustment, but more realistically, I should be using the present tense. It IS a difficult adjustment. He's only going to be there for 38 days, but the separation is just about to drive us mad. The 3-hour time difference doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but for us, it's like living in separate worlds. We're not used to being more than 20 minutes away from each other! This is not how I intended on spending my summer.

Alas, there is nothing we can do except ... show you some pictures of flat Weird and Ninja! These are the ones that real Weird took.

It was their first flight! I believe this is their flight to Arizona. Connecting flights made the travel longer, but I did get to see Weird via webcam and talk to him on the cell.
IMG_3281.jpg

When they arrived, they went shopping for a little while.
IMG_3340.jpg

Vancouver is a very Chinese-y place but that doesn't mean they didn't have cool Disney things! Little food with Disney characters incorporated into it! I'm guessing they were mini things? Weird took a picture of the back of a box.
IMG_3333.jpg

Then in a supermarket, here they are with ... I believe that's durian. It's supposed to be an unbearably stinky fruit that actually doesn't taste as bad as it stinks. It is an acquired taste. I've never tried it and don't plan on it!

On another day, they did go visit the Olympic Oval!
IMG_3583.jpg

Lots of pretty architecture.
IMG_3485.jpg

And ... art?
IMG_3584.jpg

The skating rink. Or practice rink. I'm not sure. I wasn't there for the tour!
IMG_3514.jpg

Well, I think that's about it for now. We do have more pictures of Weird and Ninja. We do take them places and occasionally remember to snap photos of them! We've just been terrible with updating this thread! Don't worry ... I do have more time on my hands now that my boyfriend is on the other side of the hemisphere!

Nice to hear from someone on this part of the board! Im glad you are both doing ok, I hope the time flies so you can see each again soon.

Nice to hear from someone on this part of the board! Im glad you are both doing ok, I hope the time flies so you can see each again soon.

Hi again! We've been away from this thread for so long, I was wondering if anyone would check back. I hope you're doing well too :D

Despite the fact that my family's trip to Virginia was over a year ago, I'm still going to add those flats pictures! These are the fun ones, I think, because we went to King's Dominion!

But Weird and Ninja are not into these rides ...
IMG_4250.jpg

They're more into this! Rugrats Toonpike! It's such a cool ride because the kids pick a car and drive around in a mini-town. The cars aren't on tracks or anything.
IMG_4255.jpg

The Rugrats characters were scattered throughout as well. There's Phil and Lil in the background.
IMG_4248.jpg

Our next ride was the Scooby Doo ride! It's my favorite ride of the entire park. It has the same concept as Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. The great thing is that the guns aren't attached to the vehicle. Weird and Ninja also thought it was cool that the Mystery Machine was right outside!
IMG_4260.jpg

It's much easier to sit in the front. The first time, my dad and brother sat in the front and they kept blocking all of the targets! So mom and I sat there the next time around and our scores were much higher.
IMG_4265.jpg

The ranking system.
IMG_4264.jpg

A fun ride is called Avalanche. It mimics ... bobsleds? Luge? I don't know the difference ...
IMG_4267.jpg

There I am at the top ready to make my way down! It is a very bumpy ride and it feels like it goes pretty fast when you're actually on it (though when you watch it, it seems pretty tame). Once you get to the top, the vehicle isn't actually on a "track." Haha, I don't know how to explain it.
IMG_4269.jpg

We ate lunch at a place that was called Bubba something. I don't think it was Bubba Gump, it just reminded me of it. The interior of the restaurant was cute.
IMG_4271.jpg

The 4 of us just ordered 2 baskets of fish and chips because we weren't really hungry, just thirsty. Not like Columbia Harbour House, that's for sure!
IMG_4272.jpg

After lunch, my dad and I went on the Stunt Coaster. I didn't think it would be that crazy but GOSH, it was. I was so disoriented after it that I kind of wanted to stay on the stationary vehicle to wait a little longer. My dad actually felt sick after this ride and had to sit down and rest for a bit. He missed the next few rides.
IMG_4275.jpg

Weird and Ninja got REALLY excited when we saw this!
IMG_4277.jpg

INFERNO!!! They only had funnel cake though ... no inferno magic.
IMG_4276.jpg

Awe.. too bad they didn't have any magic. Yep, me again! I always check this part even though people rarely post anything on it. Anyways, it looks like you had alot of fun there! The Rugrats place looked pretty cool, but I don't think I would want to work there lol. And I've done a Scooby Doo ride just like that, except it was at the Six Flags in San Antonio.

Awe.. too bad they didn't have any magic. Yep, me again! I always check this part even though people rarely post anything on it. Anyways, it looks like you had alot of fun there! The Rugrats place looked pretty cool, but I don't think I would want to work there lol. And I've done a Scooby Doo ride just like that, except it was at the Six Flags in San Antonio.

I'm still one of those people who really really REALLY laments the loss of VMK. Every once in a while I'll just randomly mention how much I miss VMK to Weird. I thought that maybe I'd get into another game, but I couldn't. I signed up for Small World or whatever it is and then YoVille on Facebook, but alas, they don't have that VMK charm!

So it saddens me that the VMK boards are just ... nonexistent. I even miss the trade section! All the questions about VMK or the comments ... oy, I wish we still had it.

Here are some pictures I didn't include in the previous installment because I needed to distort my brother's face. Hehe, I admit ... it was kind of fun!

The last time we went to KD, we were allowed to climb into the Reptarmobile, but this time it was closed off. I wonder if too many people were getting hurt on it or something.
IMG_4258-1.jpg

Again, the last time we went to KD, we were able to take pictures with Blue in front of the thinking chair in her house. Unfortunately, they removed her house! Strangely, I don't think I was that scared of taking this character photo.
IMG_4257-1.jpg

However, I was a bit timid going near Scooby Doo! He was much larger than Blue!
IMG_4266-1.jpg

Munching on our lunch. I had to post this picture because it goes to show that on vacation, sometimes my brother and I do get along.
IMG_4274-1.jpg

I took these pictures to showcase their theming.
IMG_4279.jpg

I think they do a pretty good job for not being a Disney park!
IMG_4278.jpg

I'm still one of those people who really really REALLY laments the loss of VMK. Every once in a while I'll just randomly mention how much I miss VMK to Weird. I thought that maybe I'd get into another game, but I couldn't. I signed up for Small World or whatever it is and then YoVille on Facebook, but alas, they don't have that VMK charm!

So it saddens me that the VMK boards are just ... nonexistent. I even miss the trade section! All the questions about VMK or the comments ... oy, I wish we still had it.

Yeah, I miss it everyday. I'll always have hour long conversations about vmk with my friend tink still heh. And I tried alot of different online games too, but they just never were the same. And ITA with the vmk boards being non existant anymore, considering im the only one whose commented on this so far. I didn't know disboards existed until vmk closed, so im guessing it was way more popular back then.
Wow, the Reptarmobile! Brings back memories, I watched that show when I was a kid. Chuckie was my favorite. And that Trail's End Grill looks awesome compared to all non-Disney amusement parks I've been to! It's so different going to parks like Six Flags or any other park and nothing is really themed or has a story behind it, then you go to Disney and find every ride properly themed, even the queue and you can find out the story of why the ride is there. I just heard the back story for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, actually. So who owns those amusement parks, anyway? I've never heard of those. Only Disney, Universal, Six Flags, and Hereshy Parks basically for me. Never been to Universal though. Oh, and I've been to Sea World.

Yeah, I miss it everyday. I'll always have hour long conversations about vmk with my friend tink still heh. And I tried alot of different online games too, but they just never were the same. And ITA with the vmk boards being non existant anymore, considering im the only one whose commented on this so far. I didn't know disboards existed until vmk closed, so im guessing it was way more popular back then.

I think DIS is the only reason why I can still function without VMK because I spend a lot of time on other sections. I used to be on the VMK section all day long. I'd review the lists of what people had to trade so that I could look for costume parts that Weird and I didn't have.

Then when I got a hat or something (haha, ended up trading for most of the costumes that later on came out during the holiday season, but it was fun having them earlier) for Weird, I'd put it in my quest machine and make a quest for him! I spent more time on VMK than he did so I would build up credits via fireworks and then play HM with him at night.

Now when I go to the parks, I'm going to be constantly thinking about what reminds me of VMK! The last time I went, VMK was still open.

Wow, the Reptarmobile! Brings back memories, I watched that show when I was a kid. Chuckie was my favorite. And that Trail's End Grill looks awesome compared to all non-Disney amusement parks I've been to! It's so different going to parks like Six Flags or any other park and nothing is really themed or has a story behind it, then you go to Disney and find every ride properly themed, even the queue and you can find out the story of why the ride is there. I just heard the back story for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, actually. So who owns those amusement parks, anyway? I've never heard of those. Only Disney, Universal, Six Flags, and Hereshy Parks basically for me. Never been to Universal though. Oh, and I've been to Sea World.

Chuckie was my favorite too! I met Chuckie and Angelica the last time we went to King's Dominion. It was kinda funny because Chuckie was the one teasing Angelica. The "cast member" that was with them whispered to Chuckie while I was getting my picture taken that Chuckie wouldn't do that. It was so funny! Haha, definitely out of character.

I recently watched an imagineering special on YouTube, and it talked about exactly what you said ... how WDW rides MUST have a story. All the pre-show stuff in the queue makes the waiting so much more different than any other amusement park.

Oh, and Kings Dominion is owned by Paramount, I believe.

We headed to the kiddie area to ride this really itty-bitty rollercoaster called Taxi Jam. When my brother rode it the first time, he had this look of terror on his face. It's a lot smaller than Goofy's Barnstormer, but I think a lot wilder due to the fact that it is so much smaller! It sends you around the track twice but it's not really that smooth so you feel everything.
IMG_4281-1.jpg

It's even crazier when you're in the last car, which is the cop car! As you can see, they added a camera to each row of seats to film you on the actual ride. Haha, that made it even more fun. On one of our rides, we pretended to sleep throughout the entire ride and let it whip us around. I wanted to video it at the end, but alas, the girl at the counter saw me and said it wasn't allowed. Phooey.

Before leaving the kiddie section, I wanted to go through the Treasure Cave. The best part of that was at the end when there's a room that leans towards one side so it messes with your balance because of what you see.
IMG_4285.jpg

My brother on Boo Boo's Tree Swings. Haha, he thought it was going to go faster and higher, but it just went around in a circle. There was this tiniest little boy on it too so it obviously couldn't be very crazy. You can see him to the right of the picture. Haha, I had fun watching the little boy. I was looking at my brother and going, "Whee!" and being wild with my hands, and the little boy saw and was smiling because he thought I was being funny. Cutie!
IMG_4288-1.jpg

Our next stop was the Eiffel Tower.
IMG_4289.jpg

At the top of the Eiffel Tower ... the view of the front of the park. There's our car in E3! Haha, how does that parking lot compare to WDW?!? We parked so close and just walked to the front. That was fun though not to need a tram and a monorail.
IMG_4292.jpg

Checking out what rides we wanted to go on next. Definitely NOT that.
IMG_4293.jpg

Couples really like going up to the top to enjoy the view together.
IMG_4298.jpg

The next stop was the Action Theater to watch Spongebob Squarepants 3-D. There's mom in the pink. My dad sat this one out because as I said in an earlier installment, he was feeling sick from the stunt coaster.
IMG_4300.jpg

You sit in these really high seats, 2 to each machine thingie. Then you've got the 3-D glasses on as the machine thingie (haha, or simulator) moves. It's pretty wild. My mom sat in the stationary section. My brother didn't wear the 3-D glasses because he said it was too scary. I think it's also really interesting to watch everyone else during the show because everyone's bouncing around in the same direction. They have this exact same ride at Six Flags Great Adventure too.

Next was the Blue Ridge Tollway where we can drive antique cars. Dad still sat this one out so my brother drove with mom in the front with him.
IMG_4304.jpg

The 3 of us just sat in the back so that we could enjoy the view and take pictures! I had to do this one carefully because I was afraid they would fly out!
IMG_4303.jpg

Here I am enjoying the jerky ride. Oh yes, and also self-photo-ing because otherwise it doesn't look like I'm on vacations. I'm getting better at remembering to give the camera to my mom and having her take a pic with me in it. She remembers now too because there was one vacation that looked like it was for a family of 3 ... haha, I don't think I was in one picture cuz I took them all!
IMG_4308.jpg

I think DIS is the only reason why I can still function without VMK because I spend a lot of time on other sections. I used to be on the VMK section all day long. I'd review the lists of what people had to trade so that I could look for costume parts that Weird and I didn't have. Then when I got a hat or something (haha, ended up trading for most of the costumes that later on came out during the holiday season, but it was fun having them earlier) for Weird, I'd put it in my quest machine and make a quest for him! I spent more time on VMK than he did so I would build up credits via fireworks and then play HM with him at night. Now when I go to the parks, I'm going to be constantly thinking about what reminds me of VMK! The last time I went, VMK was still open.Chuckie was my favorite too! I met Chuckie and Angelica the last time we went to King's Dominion. It was kinda funny because Chuckie was the one teasing Angelica. The "cast member" that was with them whispered to Chuckie while I was getting my picture taken that Chuckie wouldn't do that. It was so funny! Haha, definitely out of character. recently watched an imagineering special on YouTube, and it talked about exactly what you said ... how WDW rides MUST have a story. All the pre-show stuff in the queue makes the waiting so much more different than any other amusement park.Oh, and Kings Dominion is owned by Paramount, I believe.
I was at Disney World twice when vmk was opened, but the second time Vmk central was closed and the first I didn't know it existed sadly. And the last time we went I brought along our flats, and got pictures with them at the Emporium and other places like that. I think it's even worse leaving the parks when you know there's no virtual one to return home to when you get back.
And Chuckie sounded pretty funny, I can't believe he really did that! Oh, the pre shows make a difference too! I mean, they entertain you even while you're just waiting. I mean, not all rides really have a pre show but some just have really interesting queues. Like Expedition Everest, they have all these glass displays of yeti information and hiking equitment, yeti footprints and pictures, descriptions, and outside they have these temples with bells and little statues and things. It's like you teleported yourself to the real deal.

We headed to the kiddie area to ride this really itty-bitty rollercoaster called Taxi Jam. When my brother rode it the first time, he had this look of terror on his face. It's a lot smaller than Goofy's Barnstormer, but I think a lot wilder due to the fact that it is so much smaller! It sends you around the track twice but it's not really that smooth so you feel everything.
IMG_4281-1.jpg

It's even crazier when you're in the last car, which is the cop car! As you can see, they added a camera to each row of seats to film you on the actual ride. Haha, that made it even more fun. On one of our rides, we pretended to sleep throughout the entire ride and let it whip us around. I wanted to video it at the end, but alas, the girl at the counter saw me and said it wasn't allowed. Phooey.

Before leaving the kiddie section, I wanted to go through the Treasure Cave. The best part of that was at the end when there's a room that leans towards one side so it messes with your balance because of what you see.
IMG_4285.jpg

My brother on Boo Boo's Tree Swings. Haha, he thought it was going to go faster and higher, but it just went around in a circle. There was this tiniest little boy on it too so it obviously couldn't be very crazy. You can see him to the right of the picture. Haha, I had fun watching the little boy. I was looking at my brother and going, "Whee!" and being wild with my hands, and the little boy saw and was smiling because he thought I was being funny. Cutie!
IMG_4288-1.jpg

Our next stop was the Eiffel Tower.
IMG_4289.jpg

At the top of the Eiffel Tower ... the view of the front of the park. There's our car in E3! Haha, how does that parking lot compare to WDW?!? We parked so close and just walked to the front. That was fun though not to need a tram and a monorail.
IMG_4292.jpg

Checking out what rides we wanted to go on next. Definitely NOT that.
IMG_4293.jpg

Couples really like going up to the top to enjoy the view together.
IMG_4298.jpg

The next stop was the Action Theater to watch Spongebob Squarepants 3-D. There's mom in the pink. My dad sat this one out because as I said in an earlier installment, he was feeling sick from the stunt coaster.
IMG_4300.jpg

You sit in these really high seats, 2 to each machine thingie. Then you've got the 3-D glasses on as the machine thingie (haha, or simulator) moves. It's pretty wild. My mom sat in the stationary section. My brother didn't wear the 3-D glasses because he said it was too scary. I think it's also really interesting to watch everyone else during the show because everyone's bouncing around in the same direction. They have this exact same ride at Six Flags Great Adventure too.

Next was the Blue Ridge Tollway where we can drive antique cars. Dad still sat this one out so my brother drove with mom in the front with him.
IMG_4304.jpg

The 3 of us just sat in the back so that we could enjoy the view and take pictures! I had to do this one carefully because I was afraid they would fly out!
IMG_4303.jpg

Here I am enjoying the jerky ride. Oh yes, and also self-photo-ing because otherwise it doesn't look like I'm on vacations. I'm getting better at remembering to give the camera to my mom and having her take a pic with me in it. She remembers now too because there was one vacation that looked like it was for a family of 3 ... haha, I don't think I was in one picture cuz I took them all!
IMG_4308.jpg

Wow, that's pretty strange, we do have alot of those rides at Six Flags. The ony I go to is called Six Flags Over Texas, and we have the Spongebob ride there. Never been on it. When I was really little I went on "Honey I shrunk the Audience" and got so freaked out. Now I'll go on every other 4D thing at Disney World... even It's Tough to be a Bug, but that one. And we have old automobiles, and a little kid roller coaster similiar to that one, and the Eiffel Tower thing except it's orange... well I think they need to come up with some new ideas hah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!