The Fort Wilderness October 2017 Movie and Rec Calendar Is Out With Halloween Events

Without further ado, here it is. Note they changed the times back to Winter hours with October. There is a close-up/zoomed view of the Halloween activities in post 2.

Bama Ed

View attachment 273000

View attachment 273001
Thank you for posting this Bama Ed! Question for you....we are going to be at a campsite and can not find any detail if we should decorate our trailer. We have never done this event before and did not know exactly how that worked. I did see that we can sign up to hand out candy at the front desk at check in..and we will do that..but was not clear on who "decorates" within the park and I would like to participate since we would like to hand out candy! Thanks so much for your time! Jen

Jen,

Nobody is required to decorate. Campers just do it in the spirit of the holiday. However, if you go all out on decorating and want your site be judged in the decorating contest, you have to sign up (I guess at the Bike Barn) to let them know and they will look your site over on Judgement Day.

It sounds like you're going to be like me. I'll be there for Halloween too and I want to decorate a little and hand out candy too.

Bama Ed

Are these schedules available online as a pdf? I did a google search but couldn't find them.

Yes they are.

Here is the link that I check monthly (starting a few days before the end of the month - it's no big secret):

http://image.emails.disneydestinations.com/lib/fe9d15737d66047d71/m/8/PWR1FAKf.pdf

This is the direct link to the current Fort movie/rec calendar (yes, it is a PDF). If you play with the last letter in the file name (f = Fort Wilderness) you can find many (but not all) of the other resort calendars (all I care about is the Fort).

Like I said, it is a PDF. I pull it down, wash it through a PDF-to-PNG converter, and post it here. The "Upload a File" link here on the DIS will show a PDF as just an attachment/file but not the contents thereof. Thus I need to take it through the converter to get a PNG (or a JPG) file to post.

That being said, I've been doing this for a couple years now and if anyone would like to help out by taking over the monthly posting, I would appreciate it. At some point I'm going to take a break from posting this so I would like to hand off to someone and keep the continuity going.

Bama Ed

PS - I think the monthly Chip & Dale singalong (live performance) followed by a movie is a strong selling point for the Fort, particularly with families. Cowboy Anthony has been doing the singalong for a few years now but before him was a short, wide, wonderful lady named Miss Sundee. She demanded nothing but the best from us when we sang. I also remember a C&D conga line one night (sure that's not Disney policy). If you are are interested in other resorts, there are other Travel Agent websites (I can think of two) that post the schedule monthly for every resort but it's on the first of the month or a few days after.

I know it is not posted (perhaps to deter public participation?), but can someone please share what the typical start/end times are for Trick or Treating?

With the tickets for MNSSHP going on sale yesterday I am trying tp plan and checked out the calendar which was posted here on the 1st two posts. I saw the awards for the parade & decorating on the 30th but when do the golf cart parades actually take place? Is it that day or the day before - or do they have the parade on Halloween night also? Thanks!

ETA - I know this is for the 2017 year...just doing my 2018 planning!

The golf cart parade and pet parade were on 10/30 last year, with the beach bash that night. That leaves the bulk of 10/31 open for trick-or-treating.

The golf cart parade and pet parade were on 10/30 last year, with the beach bash that night. That leaves the bulk of 10/31 open for trick-or-treating.

Yes, Axelskater, the golf cart parade is listed above on 10/30 from 4-5pm starting in the Hitch/Un-hitch area. It's been on 10/30 in the afternoon the last couple years.

Bama Ed

Thank you everyone. I saw "Hitch Unhitch" and obviously didn't read the print underneath! Trying to figure out if we should go to the party on the 30th or 31st. I suppose we can hightail it over to the MK on a boat after the parade since the party is at 7. I have heard about decorated campsites but the area seems pretty huge. Do people just walk around a bit and take a look? We go 4 or 5 times a year and I have never been at Halloween and never to explore Ft Wilderness. This sounds exciting. We are also thinking about meeting the Headless Horseman but I guess there we would be running into a time crunch!

Thank you everyone. I saw "Hitch Unhitch" and obviously didn't read the print underneath! Trying to figure out if we should go to the party on the 30th or 31st. I suppose we can hightail it over to the MK on a boat after the parade since the party is at 7. I have heard about decorated campsites but the area seems pretty huge. Do people just walk around a bit and take a look? We go 4 or 5 times a year and I have never been at Halloween and never to explore Ft Wilderness. This sounds exciting. We are also thinking about meeting the Headless Horseman but I guess there we would be running into a time crunch!

From my angle, it would really depend on what activities you want to be a part of. For us, last year, we actually went to the 11/1 party because we did not want to miss either of those afternoons/evenings at the Fort. If you want to be a part of Trick or Treating (we have kids, so that was a no-brainer), that really means 10/31 is out for the party. If you don't care about ToT, however, 10/31 might be the better night for the party option. You could go on 10/30, but while the party starts at 7 (there have actually been some rumors it might be earlier this year, but I haven't seen if that is confirmed or not), you can get into the park as early as 4p on your party tickets. So, you'd be missing out on some of your earliest time at MK if you went on 10/30.

So, in summary, if it were me...

Option 1: Find a different night altogether (not 10/30 or 10/31) to go to the party.
Option 2: Go on 10/31 if you don't care about Trick or Treating.
Option 3: Go to the Golf Cart Parade ready for the party and high-tale it to the boat as soon as the last cart passes!

As for touring to see sites - that is a must! We spent multiple evenings doing so, in a golf cart, and still didn't get to everything (it was cold, so my wife's stamina was only worth about 5-6 loops at a time). There is so much to see, and people do some amazing things.

We are actually only there for 3 nights - 30,31,1 - and Disney will end its MNSSHP this year on 10/31. We have AP's and this is our 5th trip this year - and another one in December so I am not concerned about early entry into MK. My mom and I are going solely to see the Halloween festivities - mainly to attend MNSSHP once - and in learning more about the FW activities, we want to incorporate that into our trip. It sounds like the best option for us is 3, and to maybe hop a boat over to FW to check out campsites for a little while on Halloween night itself. My mom will love looking at everything but we will be walking so I know there is no way to see it all! We might also stop by a few other resorts on the day of the 31st to see what is going on in the afternoon.
Thanks for all the advice as we plan! Very helpful : )

Thank you Bama Ed for posting this! Was just looking for it! Will be at the Fort October 22 - November 1st. This is the longest we will be there for Halloween!

Just an FYI this is for last year. The 2018 won't be out late Sept most likely. Most likely the info on page one will be useless in terms of the movies, not sure about the pool side activities though, but I'd imagine Campfire activities should be the same. The stuff on page 2 will probably a day off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter