The Fort without a Golf Cart???

CruisingCamper

DIS Veteran
Hi there,
We are checking in this Saturday at the fort. We are staying in a full hookup. We have been to the Fort at least 20 times But we have always been in preferred or premium loops. Full was the only thing available.
So, my question is...Will we be miserable without a golf cart to get to the Settlement and back at night. We take the boat to MK most days and we have always had a cart or been close enough to walk.
I have seen that there are busses to the settlement from the loops? Correct?

Hi there,
We are checking in this Saturday at the fort. We are staying in a full hookup. We have been to the Fort at least 20 times But we have always been in preferred or premium loops. Full was the only thing available.
So, my question is...Will we be miserable without a golf cart to get to the Settlement and back at night. We take the boat to MK most days and we have always had a cart or been close enough to walk.
last trip we would have had to rent 2 to fit our group which was out of budget so we did buses. biggest problem came on departure day young granddaughter was upset she couldn't ride a bus home as they were one of her favorite rides. yes 3 different loops of buses in campground depending on where your loop is makes the color you need. bus stop is usually near beginning of your loop but there are a couple that can be a walk to the stop

Thank you for the replies! And yes, we would NOT be miserable! LOL... that’s not a good word for me to use... the fort could never be miserable:)

Hi there,
We tent camped for a week at Fort Wilderness a few years ago. We flew in with our equipment- had no car and did not rent a golf cart. It was great. The bus system will get you anywhere you need to go in the Fort.

We have only rented a cart one year, just to see what it was like. While it was nice, I just couldn't justify the cost. We usually went to the parks everyday, so while convenient, the campsite itself is fairly expensive. We take bikes now and still only use them occasionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!