• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The future of Disney Parks

FoxwithEars

Mouseketeer
Hey I wondering what do you think Disney should do next? Should they focus on high-thrilling rides or attractions for the family? Because all of the high-thrilling rides in the parks are always packed. What do you think?:rolleyes:

I hope they stick to Family fun and great story telling. I love to go fast, but don't like the way Theme Park G Forces seem to be getting higher and higher :eek:

I love the drop on Splash, but am not keen on the Islands of Adventure Drops..
(I think I must be getting old) ;)

I think they have a good mix now, so going forward I would prefer that they just feed what they've got, creating new attractions replacing old attractions, in the same genre and vein.

I would like to see them making some of the parks more park park-like, instead of amusement park-like -- like places you'd want to be even if you weren't going on any attractions. I especially don't like the level of asphalt we see in Fantasyland, and how spartan Tomorrowland looks. I'd rather see a complete redress with new trees, bushes, flowers, and perhaps a whole new path plan, that doesn't seem so midway-like. I don't mind Main Street of Hollywood Boulevard, so carrying that motif on would be nice, where there are separate streets and sidewalks, with medians, perhaps, or planted areas between sidewalks and streets.

Because all of the high-thrilling rides in the parks are always packed. What do you think?:rolleyes:

:happytv:
You don't have little kids do you?
Try walking through Fantasyland in the afternoon. Talk about being packed.

I agree with the poster who preferred that Disney continue along it's same approach. There are plenty of thrill ride amusement parks but only Disney has the exceptional, creative entertainment approach. I do enjoy rides Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., and ToT (trying EE next month), but I have no desire to see Disney turned into a thrill amusement park. I also agree that Fantasy Land and similar attractions are very popular with guests of all ages.
The one area that I don't care for and find to be very "Un-Disney like" is the Dino area in AK. It just looks and feels like a run of the mill amusement park.

I think keeping the mix is good also. My seat space is free for others in the thrilling rides, because I no longer think it's fun to go on something that makes me queasy, so I avoid those. But I could do HM many many times in a row! I do think that they should readdress the spontaneous park entertainment. I loved it when we'd encounter the Dapper Dans, the steel drum musicians, etc. That's part of what made it Disney for me when I was younger and I miss running into all those performances randomly!

I think adding more thrill rides is inevitable for Disney. Disney's goal is to get you to WDW and keep you there. If they hope to compete directly with Universal, thrill rides is the one area where Disney struggles. Actually, there has been a more towards more thrill rides. I would like to see a separate "thrill park". I really don't like how the thrill rides have been spread across the four parks. I also don't like how thrill rides were put into Epcot. I miss the educational stuff.

I think the next "big" thing is going to be the renovation of Fantasyland and Toontown. Because Toontown doesn't belong to the toons anymore. More so to the princesses and fairies. Only Mickey and Minnie still greet there. I'd love to see the return of the "mystery" room.

I think we'll see The Little Mermaid dark ride come and a new greating area for the princesses and the farieis as well as new greating areas for the classics.

I would sincerely hope that they would put the FUTURE back in FUTURE WORLD..how about some cutting edge technology? ABS is not leading edge (test track)..Figment is a complete waste of time..other than the theme song..Epcot is passe..

I liked the idea, "rumor" of the villian theme park with more thrill rides. It seems that it is needed to keep our teenage children interested and keep families coming. I may only ride a few of them, but I have heard from many people that this is what Disney needs and the villians would a great way to tell the stories.

they should open a 5th kingdom, A villains theme park focusing on cedar point/IOA/six flags type speeding/flipping/thrill rides.

Since this thread is pure speculation and isn't about theme park planning, it's really a better fit for our Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter