UPDATED 01/14/20 - The FW DISMeet 2020-See Post #283 For Latest News and Updates

I am too, way past high school, it might have been a car that i was going to drive into a lake, or that someone atually wanted to drown me in a lake, it was a while ago so i cant recall clearly 8-)

If you can survive the little “drivers training session” they put you through- the rest is a piece of cake :car::joker:

Just throwing this out there. When DW and I were there in Sept '18 we did the Segway tour around The Fort. It was just the 2 of us and it was a blast.
DS is 18 now so he wants to go. I know it's a little pricey, but we had fun and we were glad we did.
We would be up for doing again. Any thoughts on a group tour?

DW and I have always said we wanted to do this, (maybe not drive into the lake but just the segway tour) however It reminds of the movie, "police academy" where he's on the lake and everyone coming after him and he says "Dive, Dive" and him and jet ski go down. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I did the Epcot Segway tour and it was great. I would do it again but they stopped it. No offense meant but I'm not up for off road Segway. Nothing to see really in my opinion. Just woods and water. But y' all have fun.

Okay so a thing happened you my Disney friends may find funny. A retired police buddy of mine is trucker now. A few days ago he posted a picture of his truck loaded with railroad ties. He said they were bound for Disney World. They are made of recycled plastics and last forever. After I mentioned I was a big Disney fan he offered to meet me and get my picture with them. But I got off late and missed him. As a joke I said he could just get a sharpie and write my name on the bottom of one so I can be enshrined at the Magic Kingdom Railroad forever. Guess what He did it.
Railroad.jpgRailroad Tie.jpg

Hey BishopArc if you get tired of the Segway let me know. I have wanted one ever since the Epcot ride.

Okay so a thing happened you my Disney friends may find funny. A retired police buddy of mine is trucker now. A few days ago he posted a picture of his truck loaded with railroad ties. He said they were bound for Disney World. They are made of recycled plastics and last forever. After I mentioned I was a big Disney fan he offered to meet me and get my picture with them. But I got off late and missed him. As a joke I said he could just get a sharpie and write my name on the bottom of one so I can be enshrined at the Magic Kingdom Railroad forever. Guess what He did it.
View attachment 420423View attachment 420422

Joe, me jelly. :crazy: Ed

Maybe a fun event will be find Bama Eds initials. Those that have already found them can’t play. If I am mean I can make it a road block in my amazing race fort style game :rotfl2:

Maybe a fun event will be find Bama Eds initials. Those that have already found them can’t play. If I am mean I can make it a road block in my amazing race fort style game :rotfl2:

Kris,

I don't know that it would be fair.

I have identified the location of my initials to tiggerdad, SouthAlabama5er, and snowmedic. One of them might be susceptible to bribes or other forms of persuasion. Oh my.

I don't have a good feeling about this......

ED

PS - I mean it took me YEARS and multiple attempts to get this. The more I think about it, nope not gonna do it. :sad2:

Last edited:
Kris,

I don't know that it would be fair.

I have identified the location of my initials to tiggerdad, SouthAlabama5er, and snowmedic. One of them might be susceptible to bribes or other forms of persuasion. Oh my.

I don't have a good feeling about this......

ED

PS - I mean it took me YEARS and multiple attempts to get this. The more I think about it, nope not gonna do it. :sad2:
As many times as I have been to the Fort, I have never found them......maybe one day :).

As many times as I have been to the Fort, I have never found them......maybe one day :).

Terri, they aren't something you will stumble across. You really have to be directed to them.

Save your time on your trips this fall.

Bama Ed

I75 is going to look like a Mad Max movie on the southbound side on that Saturday the 10th.

I think we might make our southbound trip, Randy, on Friday and stay at Lake Louisa SP for one night as per my usual routine.

Then cruise over Saturday morning to the Fort in 30 minutes and maybe do the Trails End brunch first thing.

At least, serenitygr said, we still got SOME time to make plans.

Bama Ed

PS - I picture in my head those old awful Cannon Ball Run movies . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!