The "get VMK back" strategy

Well, its been awhile, 1 year. VMK isnt coming back. Master Plan didnt work out so well... I've been on VMK the day it opened and i was on the day it closed, such sad memories, but we've all moved on in life and showed ourselves that we can live without VMK. You never know, maybe VMK will open up again... maybe in 10 years! Maybe never. But have you ever really thought about WHY you loved VMK so much? I'll tell you why, because it was Disney World online! We could go to Disney World every single day without leaving the comfort of our own home. That's why we liked it. We had the joy of being there, without even being there. Think about it.

I think it was more than that... it was a community, and I think most the players on there learned alot about life on there. I did. It was my escape from the real world.. and it's horrible that they took it away. I was talking to alot of fellow vmk players last night and they were saying the same things. And it was waay different than all other games- most online games have quests and things, but they never have these friendships that can grow just like ones you can make with your next door neighbor, or who ever at school or work. Plus- it had something for every age group and it was also a community in that way- it had so much diversity.
Well, I could list my reasons forever, so I guess I'll stop there. Oh- yeah, another one was that it was Disney :wizard: That's not my favorite part about it though.

I think it was more than that... it was a community, and I think most the players on there learned alot about life on there. I did. It was my escape from the real world.. and it's horrible that they took it away. I was talking to alot of fellow vmk players last night and they were saying the same things. And it was waay different than all other games- most online games have quests and things, but they never have these friendships that can grow just like ones you can make with your next door neighbor, or who ever at school or work. Plus- it had something for every age group and it was also a community in that way- it had so much diversity.
Well, I could list my reasons forever, so I guess I'll stop there. Oh- yeah, another one was that it was Disney :wizard: That's not my favorite part about it though.

I agree. But the main part to me was that it was the happiest place on earth- online! And i understand what your saying COMPLETELY- vmk was different than all other online games, there was something about it that made it different, whether it was the friends, the things available to different age groups, the games, the quests, the building-your-own rooms, whatever it was- it always gave you something to do. It was my place to escape to when i was sad or angry because i know someone on there was ready to listen... everybody cared about each other- and i think thats what drew people on...

Now maybe I am fighting for a lost cause, but I still don't think we should give up. Its been a year now, so I believe Disney has been given enough space. I've been patient and I still see no progress for a renovation of VMK. Not all hope is gone. I think we need to muster up an offensive. I understand its been done before and those attempts have failed. Although, that fact has no affect on my spirit for VMK. I know Walt Disney failed many times before becoming successful . Nothing comes easy. If anyone has any info on addresses for letters or e-mail addresses, please post them. Please post anymore ideas you have about getting VMK back. I wish I could help in action in the theme parks but, like many passionate VMKers, I live nowhere near any Disney Theme Park. Lets not lose sight of what we love. There have been A LOT of underdogs in history. My opinion is that we continue to write to Disney. We make ourselves loud so that Disney cannot ignore us.I don't think Disney can ignore all of us. C'mon Dis. We can do this. Like Madame Leota said in Disney's The Haunted Mansion, " You try, you fail, you try, you fail, but the only time you fail, is when you stop trying."

The reason why many people that have tried to recreate VMK have failed is because Disney owns the Rights to VMK. So my idea is that someone buy the rights or that someone raise money to buy the rights.

The reason why many people that have tried to recreate VMK have failed is because Disney owns the Rights to VMK. So my idea is that someone buy the rights or that someone raise money to buy the rights.

Well, like the guy said, They think about thinks in a business way. MAking money, you know? So, if VMK reopened, people should pay to be able to play on vmk, as long as its not like toontown where its like 70 freakin dollars for a year. But I honestly think people would pay for VMK, u know?
Or they COULD do the buying rights. bc Theats profitable.. in a way. :cool1:
but, I think that since VMK unleashed is cancelled for good now, our hopes of VMK reopening are pretty useles. Like, I wasthere first day it opened, and the day it closed, just like the other guy, and it was good MEMORIES. We might not want to reopen it bc its impossible to make it live up to anything the old VMK ever was. :( unfortunately. but LOng Live VMK in our minds. :)

I know it will in our minds, but I still want it to reopen anyways. As long as there is a Disney, I think vmk is possible if we all just work together and write or something too. How can any company be stubborn enough to turn down thousands of customers again and again and... well you get the picture.
So basically, if we rallied enough people to at least write to Disney and maybe send in a flat every time, that could help. The only thing is that it's easier said than done, you know? But it's not like writing and mailing a letter takes that much time. I don't even care if you just print off a bunch of the same letter and send it once every day... it still shows you want vmk open, right?
We just would need to get all the vmkers and friends and family and everyone to write in. It could change their minds if we really did that for a week or so I bet.
Anyone know the Disney Online Group mailing adress? Or any idea how to inform everyone about that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!