The "get VMK back" strategy

DD 12 again...
Why would Disney create so much great new stuff on VMK and then make it dissappear? The penny arcade... the new room & furniture... the celebration they were having at the same time it closed? ( i forget exactly what it was for...)Why would Disney let so many kids...ADULTS... down? I mean, we're talking PEOLPLE WHO LIVED AROUND THE WORLD!!! And Disney knew that!!!! i think it's only right to think they're going to bring it back in one form, one way or another......

The Year Of A Million Lost Dreams....
VMK 2008

I hope it'll come back. The game brings back lots of good memories. Hey, anything can happen on any given day.

I hope it'll come back. The game brings back lots of good memories. Hey, anything can happen on any given day.

That's true. Nobody can say that they're 100% sure, no doubt about it POSITIVE VMK is not coming back one way or another.

Make a Private Server?

Yes it's possible

i hae accesed the advaNCed version of the card game but could not play because the game never told the server to recognize

the server is till online

vmk site is still up which is a junction

you can still load the screen but you can't connect because their is no database?

what i say DCR's Dcr's dcr's

Make a Private Server?

Yes it's possible

i hae accesed the advaNCed version of the card game but could not play because the game never told the server to recognize

the server is till online

vmk site is still up which is a junction

you can still load the screen but you can't connect because their is no database?

what i say DCR's Dcr's dcr's

English for us technologically declined.

Not to put a damper on you, but we've tried all of this, there have been so many sites against it's closing, thousands of signatures and Disney still closed it. Now I thought from the beginning this was undisneylike. But I kept a little thought to myself and that thought was, Maybe VMK is another Disney ride and what does Disney do best with their rides? REHABS, OVERHAULS and such. So maybe instead of bombarding Disney we give them some space and time and maybe soon we'll see VMK. I don't believe for one second it is gone, I do believe it's just being rehabed.

Yeah, and the rides ALWAYS reopened eventually.

I think we should all write down our favorite VMK memory, and try to get 500 or more, then send it in to Disney or have someone go to the disney office and show them :)

I would say to get over 1000, but I dont know if we have that many people we can get to write their memory.

I think we should all write down our favorite VMK memory, and try to get 500 or more, then send it in to Disney or have someone go to the disney office and show them :)

I would say to get over 1000, but I dont know if we have that many people we can get to write their memory.

I think you were on the boards when aengus tried this plan. Pictures of our avatars included.

Again I can't stress it enough to just wait and see.

I think you were on the boards when aengus tried this plan. Pictures of our avatars included.

Again I can't stress it enough to just wait and see.

I was on the board when you guys did that, but I dont think you did memories. But that was awhile ago, I could be wrong.

I was on the board when you guys did that, but I dont think you did memories. But that was awhile ago, I could be wrong.

We did write memories because I wrote about doing Stitch's Great Escape and having so much fun lol.

i didn't do the memory thing. i wasn't on yet.
11 months on VMK and only 3 grainy cell phone pics. i'm telling you if VMK ever opens again i'm registering the very first day. No- as soon as they annouce it's opening.
if it ever does:sad1:

Heyho,

well in a nutshell, there are signed petitions, there are couple of 1000s kids and adults still angry that VMK is closed, but what I personally miss is a decent strategy to get it back up.

Sure, petitions are nice, 1 day demonstrations in front of Disneyland are nice, but personally I believe, that if we want to get VMK back up online we need a very good and clever masterplan.

If we look at the thing from an objective point of view: We are facing a Multi-Billion-Dollar global player here. And they don´t do a thing without a lot of clever(or not so clever) people thinking bout it from a buisiness point of view.

So to get results with them we need to equal it out a bit.

So what this thread here intends to do is to collect a bunch of good ideas (and we have a lot of clever ppl here in this community) to form a final strategy.

So fire away folks and show the world what you got...

Well i say we either start a boycoot of all other disney games untill they have a public announcement that vmk will reopen and follow through with the promise!!! I know alot of yall might not agree with my idea but boycoots work and if we can get enough people to join the party and even if we can get people to join that are not even playing the games, because if we can stop the amount of players and the amount of new players will convince them that we are not a bunch of nedy computer geeks and that we are devoted enough to go to extreme lengths!!!!:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: (srry for typos plz point them out if there r any)

Well, its been awhile, 1 year. VMK isnt coming back. Master Plan didnt work out so well... I've been on VMK the day it opened and i was on the day it closed, such sad memories, but we've all moved on in life and showed ourselves that we can live without VMK. You never know, maybe VMK will open up again... maybe in 10 years! Maybe never. But have you ever really thought about WHY you loved VMK so much? I'll tell you why, because it was Disney World online! We could go to Disney World every single day without leaving the comfort of our own home. That's why we liked it. We had the joy of being there, without even being there. Think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!