The good, the magical and the bad....vwl/bcv

twotoohappy

<font color=red>Lovin' Pete!<br><font color=teal>I
Just got back from VWL and BCV 10/30 - 11/6

Checked into VWL 10/30 at 9:30am. Asked for NS, top floor, near elevator, pool view. Was told that I got pool view/1st floor but the room wasn't ready.
Called at 11, 1 and then at 2:30 the room was ready and they said that I wasn't able to get a pool view:confused: Whatever, atleast we have a room(studio). The room was spotless, 1st floor facing the bridge/villa entrance.

Sun. MNSSHP - was lots of fun! We ate at LTT before the party and were chosen to open the tavern! We got a family photo with all the characters!

Mon. Hung out at the pool, dd loved the slide at WL. Ate at WC and our waitress was empty wallet again. She's hillarious!

Tues: went to AK - dd got picked at the lion king. We didn't wait more than 10 min. for the bus either way

Wed: checked into BCV (1 bedroom) asked for top floor/ns/epcot. We got 3rd floor courtyard. Loved the 1 bedroom. It did have dings and scratches on the tables/furniture. It seemed more "used" than the room we stayed in at VWL. It was overall clean, but there was a bit of hair/debris/yuck around the toilet area. Yuck! The rest of the villa was very nice. Loved the closeness to Epcot/MGM. My dd's favorites were the jacuzzi and the slide at SAB. We went to bed Wed. night and VOILA in the morning everything was Christmas. Very Beautiful with a large tree in the main lobby with wreaths everywhere, and several trees in the villas common areas too. Thurs. night we went on the Illuminations Cruise with 2 other dis-families and had a great time with Capt. Ron.
My only complaint about BCV (besides the yuck mentioned above) was the bus service. We waited for 45 min. for a bus to MK. We were all jammed on like sardines and not everyone made that bus:mad: We'll definately do MK only when we're at VWL, before we switch to BCV. We only went on Fri. for the Stitch opening. (not kid friendly IMHO - got the ap pin , forgot to ask if there was a dvc stitch pin - Anyone know?)
The rest of the time was relaxing, grazing at the F&W festival, and just soaking up the sun.

Any questions?:wave2:
and to add to the magic..... added on 100 more VWL points! Thanks to Byron :teeth:

Thanks for the trip report! Glad you had fun. I know I would love to wake up to Christmas decorations:sunny:

Maybe dirty bathrooms ought to be reported and expected to be cleaned. Surely they know who is cleaning each room and this would help them to improve:confused:

Congrats on the point add-on:teeth:
Lisa:sunny:

Thank you for your report. Interesting... another illustration of the "room-ready" policy when checking in - someone checked in between 1:00 and 2:30 and got the room you had been "promised". This leads to a fair amount of frustration. I don't care for it.

Our only problem w/BCV was a dirty bathroom floor as well. I think they are sweeping/vacuuming the floors on a regular basis but not mopping. When walking down the hallways I never noticed mops on any of the "mousekeeping" carts. Those floors get really dirty !!!

Glad you had a great trip -- we were just there a couple of weeks ago and are having serious Disney withdrawal...:(

Originally posted by WithDisneySpirit
Maybe dirty bathrooms ought to be reported and expected to be cleaned. Surely they know who is cleaning each room and this would help them to improve:confused:
I called about the bathroom, the bus issue and asked them to check in the villa next door because we kept hearing a cat meowing!????
Do you think somebody would really bring their cat with them? I had already cleaned the bathroom before they came up and they said that they'd look into the others. (I called on each seperately)

All in all, still a great trip. And yeah I'm sure they gave my room away, but we still enjoyed the stay:smooth:

A cat next door? That's pretty funny to me since we keep teasing my Dsis about her dog. She's very attached to her chihauhau and we keep telling her she better not try to sneak her on our trip in December! (She won't, I promise! :) )

Could it have been a child? I know when my DD-6 months makes noises sometimes she sounds alot like our cats. She likes to imitate them and does a really good job. I have to look around to see if it is her or one of the 2 kitties. Sometimes the cats even come running to see if it's another cat.

I'm getting really nervous about the bathrooms at BCV. Alot of the other stuff I have been reading about I can overlook. Gross bathrooms is not one of them. Did they send someone to reclean them? There is no way I would clean up a bathroom with some strangers mess.

I was at BCV Dec 2002 and thought the decorations were really nice - in the BCV itself and the BC, but especially that tree in the atrium in the BCV.

Glad you had a great trip.

Originally posted by Stimpy
A cat next door?

Could it have been a child? I know when my DD-6 months makes noises sometimes she sounds alot like our cats. She likes to imitate them and does a really good job. \

Gross bathrooms is not one of them. Did they send someone to reclean them? There is no way I would clean up a bathroom with some strangers mess.

I'm not positive, but it really did sound like a cat. Not the happy meowing, but kinda like a tom cat growl/howl. Only heard it one night (the night the neighbors were out, otherwise there was somebody there.) It was very bizzare! As for the bathroom, I called, but by the time they arrived to reclean I had already done it. I had brought clorox wipes with me just incase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter