The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Raspberry Bubbles

I was Cinderella for the day!
I'm not sure I have posted in the correct place, so please feel free to move this report, moderators!

Anyway, here we go. I have the following photo on my desktop at home at the moment, it really sums up how I feel at the moment....in my Happily Ever After.

starter.jpg

I would love to just swirl into eternity with Gavin and not have to worry about the outside World. However, that's not going to happen and so here's my Trip Report. From July 31st until August 24th, 2008.

Hi and congratulations on your wedding day!! :bride:

Your dress and flowers look beautiful...you looked like a princess.

Would love to see more pics if you have any......never get tired of looking at more pics!! :)

Congratulations!! Your flowers look so pretty!! Can't wait to read about it!

I love the YCG!

Congratulations!

We want more, more!!!! :yay:

Who did your pictures? They are bright and fantastic! Love them!

Jenny

Day One ~ 30th July, 2008

Our trip begins on the 30th when DF, myself and the boys finally finished packing everything (well, nearly) into the car and we set off up the country towards the Midlands. DF and I live near Southampton and so we had a loooong drive ahead of us. Made longer, of course, by the presence of a car-hating Husky in the back of the car with me and a car-sick husky who puts a brave (green) face on it in the front with DF. Casanova (car sick Husky) is on the left, Excalibur (car hating Husky) is on the right.

casswags2.jpg

So, packed up, we left and headed up the country. We arrived at the luxury dog resort in Worcester and left the boys (trying not to cry) with a big bag of treats and toys and we carried on to my parents to get ready for the taxi which would take us to Heathrow.

Arriving at my parents', disaster one struck. There was a note on the door from my sister and brother in law saying that the taxi had turned up this morning at 8am by mistake and we needed to call and rebook. I had my first panic attack of the trip and luckily DF took control and sorted it out whilst I made a cup of tea. Cups of tea are like magic remedies for English people. We have them whenever something goes wrong.

So, crisis one averted, we started the final packing. My parents were both at work so we got a surprise when my dad arrived home to wave us off! Whilst he was there I presented DF with the following book for a little gift...

perfecthousewife.jpg

My dad and I laughed for ages as Gav sat on the sofa trying to read as much as he could before the taxi arrived...

Farjojo, 29apr00 ~ thanks for reading!

Bridetobe789 and sunneesmiles ~ my photos were done by Misty Miotto and the Roots, you can see us on both their sites. On Misty's she was so pleased with our photos she used us as a slideshow :lovestruc We are Sara-Jayne and Gavin, under the slideshow menu. Feel free to have a look!

With Dad wishing us all the best and helping pack, the taxi arrived and we got in, thinking that our adventure had started. I was so excited, I could not believe that we were finally on our way to get married!

We arrived at Heathrow after about two hours of snoozing in the chilly air conditioning and watching the sat-nav which was like watching an airplane’s flight. It was fun in a geeky kind of way and I laughed when I found out Gav was doing the same as me.

We unloaded at Heathrow and wheeled our cases into the entrance which was being refurbished, then headed off to look for our resting place for the night ~ the Japanese Yotel!

yotel.gif

We arrived at the tunnel-like entrance and we were figuring out how to check in when a kind member of staff showed up and volunteered to help us. We had a chat and she gave us our room key and showed us to our room…

2008-07-30_170044.jpg

Love your pictures!! Thanks for sharing your day with us... Your flowers are INCREDIBLE!! Can't wait to hear more! Congrats!

Oh your dogs are so beautiful!! They're so big and cuddly! i just want to hug them!!! :hug:

What's a Yotel???

So Gavin and I entered our little cocoon. We explored every corner ~ there's alot packed into these little rooms, all hi-tech gadgets and it's so cosy. I'm claustrophobic (as you will see later in the TR) but this felt like a little nest. I loved it.

We explored.... (note the Indiana Jones hat in the background)

2008-07-30_170129.jpg

...and found this little naughty lightswitch! Look at switch number 2!!!

2008-07-30_171056.jpg

Then there was a knock at the door, and when we opened it, there stood the lady that had checked us in ~ with this!

2008-07-30_170025.jpg

We were so shocked! We thanked her profusely, shut the door and jumped up and down giggling like children ~ our adventure had begun!

Fabulous trippie!

Now I wanna stay in a Yotel :hyper: (I mean, not cuz of the free booze and the naughty lighting - just cuz the rooms look so cute! ;) )

Jack and I stayed in the yotel @ gatwick last month, was great fun, we had a single bed but it was still fine (albeit snuggly) for the two of us. LOVED the shower!! :)

Also your doggies are beautful!!

Jack and I stayed in the yotel @ gatwick last month, was great fun, we had a single bed but it was still fine (albeit snuggly) for the two of us. LOVED the shower!! :)

Also your doggies are beautful!!

Thanks! My boys are enjoying the compliments! :)

You had a single bed at the Yotel? Wow! I saw the little compartments with the bunks in, they looked so sweet. I will always stay there before we fly now. I'd find any excuse, it was just so different!

Yeah, was ace, jsut ask for a lower bunk, we had upper and i had to sleep by the wall as it would have been a long fall and i roll about a lot!! Luckily jack was brave enough to sleep on the edge! Was lovely and snuggly though and the telly is in the little bed snooky with you!!

So, after popping out to eat just outside the hotel door at Wetherspoons and doing a few last minute things like finishing the drinks and beach party menus, we used the remote control to adjust the bed out because originally it's really short so that you can enter the room (so cool)...

2008-07-30_165726.jpg

....and clambered in, put the "naughty light" on and drank the last of the champagne (which we had drank whilst making the menus), watched some TV and fell asleep with the alarms set for 3am...

2008-07-30_230757.jpg

Day Two: July 31st, 3am

So, our alarms woke us up at 3am and as usual Gavin was much better at waking than I was... Here is his "serial killer" look...

2008-07-31_042220.jpg

He moved the two feet needed into the bathroom...

2008-07-30_165634.jpg

and had a shower in the fantastic tropical downpour. The shower gel is some amazing spa mixture and it was so relaxing and yet invigourating. I would have stayed in there all morning, was it not for the fact we were off to AMERICA!!!

After we both showered, we noticed that the wall, which was a huge mirror, had some technology in it that prevented a section over the sink from steaming up!

2008-07-30_180951.jpg

We changed and headed out to the shuttle train which would take us to our departure gate...
2008-07-30_184332.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!