The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

This blows...
Certainly not what I was expecting!
upload_2017-9-1_13-15-11.png

You really don't need to look close at the designs hanging down and what is the guy in the red shirt standing next to?

upload_2017-9-1_13-16-28.png

Well this looks fun o_O

upload_2017-9-1_13-13-13.png

Very disappointing Disney:sad2:

Wait wut?

FoxC63, was this shown in the Horsebarn of the Tri Circle D? Is that what that is? Where were the special seats and where were the general admission seats?

I understand not allowing guests to get too close to the horse - he might get "spooked". :eek:

Bama Ed

Wait wut?

FoxC63, was this shown in the Horsebarn of the Tri Circle D? Is that what that is? Where were the special seats and where were the general admission seats?

I understand not allowing guests to get too close to the horse - he might get "spooked". :eek:

Bama Ed

This is what Disney posted on their site. You can see it here:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...mpground/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0831170906170012A

Very disappointing. I will add I would rather the Horseman be outside and not made out like this. It looks fake. Bad Disney, shame...shame...shame or lame...lame...lame take your pick. :sad2:

This is what Disney posted on their site. You can see it here:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...mpground/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0831170906170012A

Very disappointing. I will add I would rather the Horseman be outside and not made out like this. It looks fake. Bad Disney, shame...shame...shame or lame...lame...lame take your pick. :sad2:
I will wait for reports from people who actually attend....but likely to cancel if it's really as bad as this looks. Sooooo bummed as I was really looking forward to this event!

Wait wut?

Bama Ed
Hasn't stated yet, so no answers to those questions yet. But the pics don't look too promising...

I will wait for reports from people who actually attend....but likely to cancel if it's really as bad as this looks. Sooooo bummed as I was really looking forward to this event!

I don't think I need reports, it's done! Just saved some money!

I guess I'm the guinea pig on this one o_O I'm on the first night.

It looks like its a stable door. I guess they put it undercover so if we get rain it carries on. The only thing with the theatre bit...its in a stable area...might be a bit smelly to sit and watch a film. I thought it would be outside and this looks like the rainy back up plan.

I hope the exclusive pin - which they didn't mention the post other than the goodie bag is good. :worried:

I ordered tickets as soon as I was allowed for Oct. 12. As soon as there are reports from the first night or two, I will make my decision to cancel & hopefully get a refund.

It looks like its a stable door. I guess they put it undercover so if we get rain it carries on. The only thing with the theatre bit...its in a stable area...might be a bit smelly to sit and watch a film. I thought it would be outside and this looks like the rainy back up plan.

I hope the exclusive pin - which they didn't mention the post other than the goodie bag is good. :worried:
Poor guinea pig! Please report back (if you decide to keep it!)

I had assumed it would be outside, too, picturing something more like movies under the stars? But good point about the weather.

I ordered tickets as soon as I was allowed for Oct. 12. As soon as there are reports from the first night or two, I will make my decision to cancel & hopefully get a refund.
We are going that night, too!

Well, maybe.....

You'll definitely get a refund if you cancel 24 hours or more in advance. We've changed Nights twice already :)

Poor guinea pig! Please report back (if you decide to keep it!)

I had assumed it would be outside, too, picturing something more like movies under the stars? But good point about the weather.

I will keep it, back up photo in case I miss the headless horseman in the parade (rain, camera runs out of battery at the perfect shot - type of thing that would happen to me).
Yes, movie under the stars was what I was thinking but with all the rain recently maybe they thought undercover would be best.

We are going that night, too!

Well, maybe.....

You'll definitely get a refund if you cancel 24 hours or more in advance. We've changed Nights twice already :)

Hopefully all will be well & we will still go. Thank you so much for the information regarding the refund!!

@Cluelyss and @FoxC63 ... you guys cracked me up with your reactions, which happen to be the same as mine. :crazy2::rotfl:

I will wait for reviews (thanks @Bex258 !!!), but unless something major changes, we will be cancelling this and booking a second party night instead. Kind of a bummer because we will also cancel Hoop Dee Doo which we had planned to do before this event, but oh well. This looks super lame from these pics.

Holy cow, I just noticed the big shop fan in the background behind the people watching the movie! Ugh :sad2:

Holy cow, I just noticed the big shop fan in the background behind the people watching the movie! Ugh :sad2:

Well, it's a horse barn and if it's warm they need to move the air to keep it more comfortable. :confused:

Last edited:
Well, it's a horse barn and if it's warm they need to move the air to keep it more comfortable. :confused:

If they turn it on high, we will think we are watching Twister or at least our hair will look like we've been in a tornado :rotfl2: I'm still on the fence but will most likely wait for a couple of reviews before I cancel. I will be petting the horses & not watching the movie. :rolleyes1

Bex, are you still planning to attend Sept. 29? I'm still on the fence about keeping our Oct. 12 tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!