The How Many Times Can We Change Our Mind Pre-Trip Report

My 8 year old cracked me up last trip.... I really wanted to ride Haunted Mansion.... he was terrified! I bribed him with the promise of a popscicle as soon as we got off the ride. I knew the ride was fine, and he would feel silly when he got off for being so scared, and I was right! He rolled his eyes, blushing beet red when it was over. It's more funny than scary! I think waiting in line is the scary part for most kids... the eerie music, grave stones, etc lead you to think youre entering something terrifying! He loved the holograms of the dancing ghosts, and laughed almost the entire ride. As long as your kids are super skittish, they should love it. ( My son still wont even WALK BY Tower of Terror! Maybe in a few years. lol!)

I hope I have that same experience :laughing:

If your family is big into breakfast, check out Cape May Cafe, over at the Beach Club. Its just a short walk from your hotel, and they have one of the best breakfast buffets on property!

As far as second guessing hotel decisions.... I feel your pain. Too many choices leads to indecision! I love the Boardwalk area. If you DO decide to change hotels, check out the Beach Club/Yacht Club hotels. They have a huge sand bottomed pool, and they're in the same area as the Boardwalk. Ive never stayed on property, planning my first on-prop stay in April (yay!), but I do have several friends that have stayed at both the Poly and Beach Club. They would pick Beach Club every time, if only for the pool and the close proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk area. I know Beach Club also does Movies on the Beach at night, which your kids might really enjoy.

We thought about The Beach Club and going back to Poly but we decided that we wouldn't be using the pool a lot and to stay Beach Club when we had a lot of free time. Plus, with the recent renovations at the BWI, that's what sold us for BWI.

We booked an ADR for Cape May - so excited for a nice breakfast there. And starting to get really excited about the BWI. You don't hear much about it, but we loved all the photos of it.

In one Month we'll be enjoying ourselves in WDW. Ahhh..... we can't wait!

I printed out sticker calendars for the kids. They're counting down to Christmas... I used clip art to mark the vacation days. The 26 - a plane, the 27 - Jan2 - beach pictures. Jan. 3 - 7 - a clip art pic of what park we'll be at, Jan 8 - 9 - a race car to mark daytona. Jan. 10 - 12 - beach. Jan. 13 a plane to come home.

They look at the calendars, study them, and continue to get more excited - if that is even possible.

Usually Dec. 26 is a bit of a let down day. All that excitement and then Christmas and then boom, it's over. At least this way, we get to continue our excitement for a couple of weeks!

Although I listed our daily plans - I wanted to list our ADRs in one post. Cuz I'm excited, and bored, and looking for something to do!

Jan. 4 - Ohana's Dinner - we tried to get this last year but could not get it - I tried HARD even daily while we were there.
Jan. 5 - Sanaa - my dh is really excited to try this place
Jan. 6 - Liberty Tree Tavern Character Breakfast, 1900 Dinner
Jan. 7 - Cape May Breakfast

What would you do?

We'll be driving through Orlando on Jan. 10 (from Daytona Beach). We will have an extra day of tickets from the week before. We will have a few hours - until about 1 or 2 p.m.

Unfortunately, it happens to be Marathon Day.

I had made breakfast ADRs at Ohana but think I'll cancel them - I was thinking of surprisng the kids with a few hours at MK after.

Do we brave the traffic and busy park and go to MK after all?

Do we try AK or DHS - our other faves?

Do a BF somewhere and spend the morning at DD?

What would you do?

We'll be driving through Orlando on Jan. 10 (from Daytona Beach). We will have an extra day of tickets from the week before. We will have a few hours - until about 1 or 2 p.m.

Unfortunately, it happens to be Marathon Day.

I had made breakfast ADRs at Ohana but think I'll cancel them - I was thinking of surprisng the kids with a few hours at MK after.

Do we brave the traffic and busy park and go to MK after all?

Do we try AK or DHS - our other faves?

Do a BF somewhere and spend the morning at DD?

I wouldnt do DD.... that'll just tease and torture them! Id surprise them with Animal Kingdom! Do the Safari, Festival of the Lion King and it's Tough to be a Bug. You could even book your character breakfast at Tusker House! You can see a lot at Animal Kingdom in half a day. My son LOVES this park!

The finding Nemo Show and Kali River Rapids are great too! The Theatre for Nemo is beautiful, the actors in the show are great, and its nice and cool inside. If theres anyone more adventerous in your family, Expedition Everest is supposed to be great! I havent gotten to ride that one yet... always go just me and my little guy, and he pulls my arm away whenever I start walking in that direction!

The finding Nemo Show and Kali River Rapids are great too! The Theatre for Nemo is beautiful, the actors in the show are great, and its nice and cool inside. If theres anyone more adventerous in your family, Expedition Everest is supposed to be great! I havent gotten to ride that one yet... always go just me and my little guy, and he pulls my arm away whenever I start walking in that direction!

Thanks - this is what we've decided - we love AK. We'll be there the week before but with my parents and neice so we may not get to do ALL that we want.

I 'think' we'll try and leave Daytona Beach around 6 - 6:30 a.m. I can get an 8:10 Tusker House ADR which we'd all love and enjoy and then just enjoy the park for 1/2 the day. We can also get a 9ish ADR at Boma but that wouldn't leave much time for the park and lots of travel. I think we'd enjoy Tusker House more, too.

Unfortunately it's either 8:10 or 9:25 available and the 9:25 it says we might not be seated together. So, do we wake up early (all of us but dss15 wake up early anyway) or not rush and go for the 9:25 adr and chance being at 2 tables? hmmm...... the kids will all get to relax on the afternoon 4 hour drive back to Naples.

I suppose it is bad protocol to book both :confused3

Hmmm... what do they mean you 'might not' get seated together? They should be able to tell you if they can book an ADR for your entire group or not... I would call back and speak to another booking agent. If not, book both and call and cancel the one you decide you dont want as soon as you decide. I wouldnt go to Boma.... even though I like their buffet better, its not in the park, so it will cut into your park time! Plus, breakfast at Tusker has characters... not sure if that matters to your kids, but it'll put them in more of the Disney Spirit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter