the ink and paint collection

I think starting three years ago they started making 4 a year (March, June, September, and December).

I know they have been doing the series for 5+ years and only in the last couple of years have they limited the editions down to 1000 or 1500. The best part of preordering is that you get the postard sized print autographed by all the artists.

And I agree that there are 3-4 released per year.

Mike

I just have one so far....

I have 50's Prime Time, I got it with the Black Frame, pin and signed postcard!

I just love it!

Hi Andrea,

I am considering purchasing this one for our collection.(how about you are you buying)

i think we are all getting addicted to this , ha ha.

Only problem is i am wary without seeing it in person if that makes sense, but our next trip is not scheduled till next year.

Ps thanks folks for the answers to my previous question guys about the size of the collection.

Paul

Hey Paul,

I broke down and bought Alice this morning. I wasn't going to since my husband and I are unemployed... But it looked too cute. This is my fourth or fifth one that I bought without seeing. I haven't been disappointed! I can usually tell online if I am going to like it or not. When I saw the Ariel one a year and a half ago, I knew that I wouldn't like it (and didn't buy it), and once I saw it in person, I was right.

Andrea

Hey Paul,

I broke down and bought Alice this morning. I wasn't going to since my husband and I are unemployed... But it looked too cute. This is my fourth or fifth one that I bought without seeing. I haven't been disappointed! I can usually tell online if I am going to like it or not. When I saw the Ariel one a year and a half ago, I knew that I wouldn't like it (and didn't buy it), and once I saw it in person, I was right.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Think i will order too, spoke to dw who also liked the picture.

We like your reasoning "too cute" , ha ha.

Good luck to u and your Husband on your job search, things going a bit crazy over this side of atlantic too, a lot of good hard working people being laid off due to this downturn. Hopefully it will turn round soon

Paul.

Hi, ordered my Alice cel in the gold frame and it looks great. What do others collect in the framing option? Just curious on what collectors are purchasing.

I get the ones that are in the black frame with pin. The pins are pretty neat and they are limited. I have only three that do not have the pins in them (bought them too late). I am not a big pin collector, but I thought it brings a special look to the piece.

Ok fans! They released a pictures of the one that is coming out in September. Mickey as Indiana Jones!

David started us collecting the cel's many years ago and to his credit I can say we have every single one!
Haven't counted them all yet, but think there must be well over 15 in total

wow they all look great, i think i am upto around 12 so far.
traveling mickey
filmstrip mickey
genius at work
donald self-portrait
its a wrap
hat's off
character class
checking in
studio stories
defend-ears of the kingdom
hidden treasues
animator mickey
and one i am not to sure about it look like a animator mickey but it smaller with a signature underneath it and a plack saying "the disney way II"
not to sure about this one

i hope you can help
les m :santa:

These are very addicting...I have 8 so far and I love the one coming in Dec. I've been trying very hard to resist buying any more as I'm running out of wall space.

We, like most of you, are addicted to collecting these.

I am just curious to see how many of you all started collecting because you met David Rippenberger and he talked to you about them? We first met him about 4 years ago and have been collecting every release since then. Remember if you pre order or buy it in person on release day you get a postcard of the art signed by all the artists.

Michael

you can pre order by contacting Disney Event Services at 407-827-7600

I just ordered the one that is coming out in Dec. today!!!!! I am getting it with black frame, pin and with the signed postcard!!!! Can't wait!!!!! This will be my 2nd one, my first one is the 50's Prime Time with Donald Duck!

I just ordered the one that is coming out in Dec. today!!!!! I am getting it with black frame, pin and with the signed postcard!!!! Can't wait!!!!! This will be my 2nd one, my first one is the 50's Prime Time with Donald Duck!

We have also been influenced by David and have several of the cels. We love seeing him. They're all in the traditional black frame except for Tarzan which was only available unframed (the only ones left). I've never seen a 50's Prime Time with Donald Duck. Anyone have a picture?

I ordered the newest cell last week, "Look What I Got! which features Snow White" This will be the 12th cell that we own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!