The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

I know that I owe many of you a visit (and reply) to your TR,

Yeah! What gives, lady????

(Of course you know I'm kidding.)

but I just wanted to share with you all because it’s not the kind of diatribe that I want to post on FB, but I need to share somewhere and since it’s Disney related I figure I can share it here.

That's why we're here. Share away. :)

and it wouldn’t help me with my trauma

Oh, dear....

(which now it’s basically all good for us, but was stressful while it was happening).

I've read it all of course, so I know what happened.

:hug:

That couldn't have been fun.

even though our Conductor is somewhat anti Disney,

Hmmm...
What do you mean by that?
Is he one of those "Why do you like going to Disney? Isn't that for kids?" types? Or is he more "I don't like their business practices" or.... ?

When I say “loading the scooter” this is what I mean

I am familiar with that.

Folks? Lemme tell ya. I was a. very impressed with the speed and ability Alison has to load and unload not one, but two scooters.
And b. I was slightly aghast at the amount of work involved and felt badly that I couldn't help but (I think) wise enough to stay the heck out of the way and not interfere with someone who obviously knows exactly what she's doing.

the scooter is actually disassembled inside of the car because on long road trips, Fran prefers to have it inside the car because she is nervous about driving 80-90 mph with it on the back.

I get that. I would be too.

In the past (after 9-11) they used to put mirrored viewers underneath the car and did a much more comprehensive check. Now they don’t even bother to look at the car.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure that's a step in the right direction.... but maybe it is. Hmmm....

When I went around to the back of the car, the scooter lift was on the ground. I grabbed the lift key from Fran and tried to get the lift to go back up. I heard the mechanism turning, but it didn’t move.

Ohhhh..... craaaaaap.

(it turns out the battery was dislodged when the scooter fell to the ground.)

It did? I don't think you wrote that, did you?

We played our concert and everything went as good as we could have expected.

:goodvibes
I'd love to hear you guys play some day.

We drove back to the DL side scraping all along the way.

For some reason, my mind went immediately to "Jingle Bells", except it was "scraping bells"....

I need more sleep.

we got Fran’s scooter inside the car along with all our instruments and the music plus four humans.

Holy crap!

That sounds reminiscent of a clown car.

Monday morning our friend Margaret came over with all her tools and she was able to remove the lift from the back of the car.

Nice of her. :)
Did you get it fixed?

x17DL1008DIS07.JPG

Now that looks very familiar. Well, the sky part, I mean.

The fires are 15 miles east of the park, but it’s still crazy scary with all the smoke. Many houses have been destroyed and it’s really sad.

I had no idea it was that close!
I have heard of the homes destroyed. Just this morning, on our local news they mentioned an elderly couple who perished.

Terrible.

The sun was blocked with all the smoke and our whole house had this red hue inside from the sun blocked smoke in from the windows.

Yep. Very familiar.

I saw a picture of my favorite band in there! You had a fun summer!

Your plans for F&W look great! Wish I was going to be there with you! 2 more sleeps until my trip to the Dark Side and Cuba!

Jill in CO

Well we did get an inquiry on the table last night. They wanted to know the dimensions.

Fingers crossed!

1 loaf of white bread, wonder or Webbers
1/2 gallon of whole milk
1 pound bacon
Dole light Caesar salad kit
New York Bakery Texas Toast
1/2 dozen eggs
4 Yoplait Light yogurt (blue) strawberry & Peach
6 pack Thomas's English Muffins Original
smallest pack of real butter (sticks)
smallest pack of kraft singles
1 3 liter chardonnay black box
2 64 oz V8 original
4 2 liter bottles diet Moutain Dew
2 6 packs diet mtn Dew 16.9 oz bottles

What's going in the suitcase?

Yeah, I get a text when they drop it off at Bell Services, and once we get to the resort, I just call them up and they deliver it right to the room.

The last time I ordered groceries they were hours after the time I asked. I had planned for it to be right when we got to the hotel so I didn't have to buy soda and they still hadn't gotten there until several hours after we gave up and went to the park. Sad thing is you pre-tip them so I couldn't do anything... Except never use them again.

You should have seen how long the FP line was! It went all the way to a Bug's Land and back to the entrance, plus it used all the queue outside. When we got off the ride the FP line was all the way down to the main street of Hollywoodland!

Gracious!!!! That's ridiculous. Are they giving out too many FPs? Maybe the entire hour of people came at once.

Our plane lands at 5:45, so it will probably be 7:45 before we get to the resort. I'll need our luggage before I can start cooking though.

That's definitely going to be a tiring day.

I'll try not to have too much at the French Lunch! :laughing:

no no, please enjoy yourself! I can't be out too late anyway so probably should not try to get there this evening.

Yes, you could join us at DHS, dinner is at 7:30.

Let's definitely do DHS. What FPs do you have? I can try to get the same.

OK, let's call that one a plan!

excellent, it's in the calendar. :)

It looks like we may be spending both those evenings with Magdalene and Michael. We have a dinner reservation for four in Mexico on the 28th. On the 26th Fran and I are planning to go to Trader Sams in the evening. M&M have a RoL scheduled, but Michael mentioned something on FB yesterday that they might blow that off and come drink with us. I'm tagging @Flossbolna so she'll see this and maybe chime in. I'm sure the wouldn't mind if you joined us.

I didn't know they were going to be there too! How did I miss this????? I'd love to meet them :)

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading about your random June trips. Pinocchio and Gipetto are too cute! We had to watch that movie when we got home, as well as Toad's movie since the rides were a bit lost on mom even though she enjoyed them. It had been a while since I saw them as well so it was good.

20 minute wait for Guardians, too cool.

I'm glad you scored a Flight of Passage FP. I just rode that last weekend for the first time and it's gorgeous.

I had to read the Cast Miners entrance three times, my brain kept reading 'members'. Great detail.

That special dessert looks impressive. What's the white stuff in the cup? Ice cream?

You both look great dressed up for the swanky night :)

The band looked like great fun.

Last edited:

That sounded like a bit of a nightmare with the scooter and the lift on the day you had your concert. I am glad that Fran managed to fix the scooter and that the lift could be secured enough to get you home.

The plans for the upcoming trip look great.

The visits to Disneyland all look wonderful. I do miss this place so much. Hopefully I will be back for a short visit next year.

Corinna

Normally I report on things that happen in a chronological order, but then you wouldn’t hear about this for a few months and it wouldn’t help me with my trauma (which now it’s basically all good for us, but was stressful while it was happening).
I've got a bad feeling about this...

When I say “loading the scooter” this is what I mean, minus the cat (of course).
But I can tell you right now, that cat is a better driver than at least 10% of the people in the parks who drive a scooter!

In this picture the scooter is actually disassembled inside of the car because on long road trips, Fran prefers to have it inside the car because she is nervous about driving 80-90 mph with it on the back.
Makes sense. I have a co-worker who's grandmother went on a trip to Arizona a few years ago with her significant other. She had a scooter on a lift like that. All she knows is that the scooter disappeared somewhere in Arkansas, never to be seen again.

) We put it in neutral and put it off to the side in the Arts Showcase area. Fran said, “we have a concert to play” and started to drive as the lift arced and sparked while we drove to the location we needed to be at.
That's some dedication to the arts!

My scooter was already in the car, and with and incredible game of Jenga style feat, we got Fran’s scooter inside the car along with all our instruments and the music plus four humans.
I just can't even imagine. Wow. Mad skills.

If you’re clued into social media for DL, I’m sure you’ve seen photos. The fires are 15 miles east of the park, but it’s still crazy scary with all the smoke. Many houses have been destroyed and it’s really sad. We’ve been hiding inside our house with the AC on to avoid the smoke.
Yeah, I've seen some of that. Scary stuff. I didn't know how close the actual fires were. Most of what I'd been hearing about, I thought it was more northern California. I hope you see some rain soon!

So the month of June was an interesting one. Pictorial evidence shows me that we were out at the parks quite a bit, but some of these days I’m not exactly sure why we were out there!
Because you can.

We headed back over to DCA and I got in line for GotG figuring that since we didn’t have anywhere to go, I might as well amuse myself while waiting. Fran went somewhere into some store to look for something and while I was in line I got a text that our room was ready. I decided to bail on the line, find Fran and go get settled in our room.
Quite a hike for a non ride.

And we had some pretty good food as well!
::yes:: As you always seem to do.

Pretty soon after they let us inside the park (this was before the official opening time) and people began to scatter, but there was a definite steady stream of people heading over towards Hollywood Land. They stopped people at the Hyperion Theater at the end of the street, and the queue formed. I was about even with the snack cart where you can buy bread, fruits and such.
Doesn't look too bad. At least from your vantage point. I can't imagine how it looked from the back of the line.

They had a lunch reservation so we said goodbye, and we could have gone home at that point. But I'm going to make this up, it's my TR and the date and time stamps for these photos don't support what I'm about to tell you, but if I told you there were exploding helicopters you'd have to believe me, right?
Yes! I knew we'd see some John McClane stuff in one of these TRs eventually!

I just happened to meet up with Pinocchio and Gepetto.
Well, unlike this supposed exploding helicopter, at least you have photographic evidence of this one. :rolleyes1

I don’t always bring mine, but Fran can’t go to the parks without hers. When I say “loading the scooter” this is what I mean, minus the cat (of course).

But the cat looks so comfortable there.

In this picture the scooter is actually disassembled inside of the car because on long road trips, Fran prefers to have it inside the car because she is nervous about driving 80-90 mph with it on the back.

Seems reasonable.

When I went around to the back of the car, the scooter lift was on the ground. I grabbed the lift key from Fran and tried to get the lift to go back up. I heard the mechanism turning, but it didn’t move.

D'oh!

Fran said, “we have a concert to play” and started to drive as the lift arced and sparked while we drove to the location we needed to be at.

:scared1:

Hey, cool! Imagineering at work!

So we decided that we all needed a drink

Gee, you think? :rotfl2::rotfl:

Imagine if the lift had given way while Fran was driving 80 mph on the freeway. That scooter probably would have gone flying and potentially could have hit another vehicle!

Yeah, that...would not be good.

While we were removing the lift from the car, we could smell smoke and the sky started to darken. Then ash started to fall from the sky. We wrapped things up just before the entire skied started to fill with smoke and we went to have some lunch since none of us had eaten yet today.

That looks awful. Seems like every year there are so many wildfires in California. I'm starting to be surprised there are still parts that haven't burned up yet!

We’ve been hiding inside our house with the AC on to avoid the smoke.

Yuck! Stay safe, and I hope you guys get some rain to deal with this soon (preferably not the kind that brings mudslides, though).

I’ve left a lot of this trip open for spur of the moment stuff as you can see from the schedule below.

You'll have to fill a lot of time. Good luck finding stuff to do at Disney World. :rotfl:

They had a special Pork Belly skewer which was a limited time menu item (however it’s still on the menu now) and I wanted to try it. I had to laugh when I ordered it, the gal behind the counter told me that it was “kind of fatty” and did I still want it. I was kind of thinking, “well I sure hope it is, that is the beauty of pork belly!”

::yes:: Sounds awesome!

I also got my go to skewer, the bacon wrapped asparagus.

Well...I guess bacon does make everything better.

For those in the know, bottles of this wine can sell for $200-$500 for half a bottle and that’s at retail stores!

:faint:

Does it also clean your teeth and protect you from cancer for 6 months?

Very spiffy!

They had us walk through the entire queue which was both tedious and cool.

I know exactly what you mean.

But I'm going to make this up, it's my TR and the date and time stamps for these photos don't support what I'm about to tell you, but if I told you there were exploding helicopters you'd have to believe me, right?

Yes, in fact now I'm more excited to read!

I’m sure the Canadian in the bunch will object to them calling this Poutine.

Yeah, it all seems...off.

Fran thought this sign was cute.

Because it is!

Well, I don't see any exploding helicopters. But at least we had sparks from the lift malfunction.

YAY! I will PM you my number just in case, or you can always FB message me too.

Got it! Texts are always better for me as I don't have Messenger on my phone and only can read the messages when I'm on my computer.

Your night at the GC looks like so much fun! I love these short staycations where you can kinda just get away. We do that a lot in NYC!

NYC would be so much fun to be able to do that, but Disney isn't bad either.

I heard about the fires right before jumping on the boards tonight and I wondered if the 2 of you were ok. My dad was a forest ranger and he spent many summers out west (we lived in Maine) fighting fires and I know how scary they can be.

The ones in Northern California have caused much more devastation, but all of them are awful. So much loss.

Also we have a trip planned the same time as you next Sept. we will have to meet up. (Though I have been playing catch up and maybe you didn't mention that trip on this thread lol). I am so jealous of your trips to DL lol.

We have a cruise the last week in August and will be staying a few nights at WDW to ease the pain of getting off the ship, but it's Labor Day weekend so the crowds may be awful.

When we want to get away for a weekend we head down to Kansas City which is only about 2 1/2 hours away.

Missouri or Kansas? I'll be in Kansas City Missouri over Labor Day weekend next year.

You'll be boarding the DME as we are arriving!

Bummer!

June trips look like a lot of fun! I'm sad we aren't doing Disneyland next year since Light Side seems to have been cancelled for 2018. Maybe by the time we go back - GotG won't have as horrible lines. It seems very enjoyable.

I wonder why they canceled it? Hopefully once Star Wars Land opens all the crowds will be there and the line at Guardians will go down.

Cute kitties!

Pics with your parents are adorable!

Holy you-know-what about the scooter lift and fires!

Love your formal pic!

Yeah! What gives, lady????

(Of course you know I'm kidding.)

Of course, otherwise I'd be back at you even harder! :)

That's why we're here. Share away. :)

I figured you guys would listen...

Oh, dear....

I've read it all of course, so I know what happened.

That couldn't have been fun.

No it wasn't. And I had no idea how we were going to rig up the lift to get home. Leonard is a genius!

Hmmm...
What do you mean by that?
Is he one of those "Why do you like going to Disney? Isn't that for kids?" types? Or is he more "I don't like their business practices" or.... ?

No, he doesn't get like that. He accepts our Disney addiction, but like this past season we played "When you Wish Upon a Star", "Raider's March" and Fran and I suggested that we do "Under the Sea" as an encore. The theme of the concert was Vintage Pops and we played Tara's Theme from Gone with the Wind, a medley from The Godfather Trilogy, Theme from Exodus, Theme from Magnificent Seven, a medley called "That's Entertainment", there were more but I can't remember them offhand. Anyways, we just brought Under the Sea to rehearsal (without asking first) and he rolled his eyes, "More Disney?"

We convinced him to let the band read it and see what he thought. When the band finished playing, he asked, "Do you guys really like this and want to play it?" and just about the entire band yelled back, "Yes."

When Frozen came out and Fran and I insisted that it would be a hit to play a Medley at our concerts, he kept coming up with parodies and posting them to the band Facebook page. "Do you want to hide a body?" I don't remember any others, but there were a ton. If you could get past his distaste for Disney, I have a feeling you and he would get along well. He does have a very morbid and dark sense of humor.

I am familiar with that.

Yes you did witness the unloading process.

Folks? Lemme tell ya. I was a. very impressed with the speed and ability Alison has to load and unload not one, but two scooters.
And b. I was slightly aghast at the amount of work involved and felt badly that I couldn't help but (I think) wise enough to stay the heck out of the way and not interfere with someone who obviously knows exactly what she's doing.

That's funny that you say that it is a lot of work. I am always telling people how easy it is to load and unload and that it's so compact you can fit the scooter in the trunk of a sedan!

When we were in Denver, @jedijill became quite adept at ut

Hmmm.... I'm not sure that's a step in the right direction.... but maybe it is. Hmmm....

Well, they were a little bit overboard in the years right after it happened. I think they have achieved a balance now.

Ohhhh..... craaaaaap.

I might have said something a tad bit more harsh... :rolleyes1

It did? I don't think you wrote that, did you?

Huh?

:goodvibes
I'd love to hear you guys play some day.

You're missing your chance by four days. :rolleyes1

For some reason, my mind went immediately to "Jingle Bells", except it was "scraping bells"....

I need more sleep.

Definitely because there were no bells involved.

Holy crap!

That sounds reminiscent of a clown car.

:lmao:

Nice of her. :)
Did you get it fixed?

No we put it on Craigslist as "FREE Metal for Recycling". We have another one in the garage at the old house.

Now that looks very familiar. Well, the sky part, I mean.

Seen your share of fires.

I had no idea it was that close!
I have heard of the homes destroyed. Just this morning, on our local news they mentioned an elderly couple who perished.

Terrible.

Actually you're thinking about the Northern California Wine Country fires. They started about the same time as the ones down here. I didn't find out about them until that evening until I watched the evening news. There was no loss of life in the fire down here, only property. I heard that the death count is up to 35 up there, as of this morning. One story said that they were identifying bodies with serial numbers of medical devices. Just awful.

Yep. Very familiar.

Sorry.

I saw a picture of my favorite band in there! You had a fun summer!

Ha! That was just June! There's lots more to come!

Your plans for F&W look great! Wish I was going to be there with you! 2 more sleeps until my trip to the Dark Side and Cuba!

I hope you're having a blast!

Fingers crossed!

Still nothing.

What's going in the suitcase?

Spaghetti
Sauce
Peanut Butter
Mayo
Coffee
Cereal

The last time I ordered groceries they were hours after the time I asked. I had planned for it to be right when we got to the hotel so I didn't have to buy soda and they still hadn't gotten there until several hours after we gave up and went to the park. Sad thing is you pre-tip them so I couldn't do anything... Except never use them again.

Was it Garden Grocer? The last time I used them, they left out a head of lettuce from my order. Hard to make salad without it.

Gracious!!!! That's ridiculous. Are they giving out too many FPs? Maybe the entire hour of people came at once.

Yeah. I have no idea.

That's definitely going to be a tiring day.

It always is.

no no, please enjoy yourself! I can't be out too late anyway so probably should not try to get there this evening.

If you come Thursday, you can rest for Friday.

Let's definitely do DHS. What FPs do you have? I can try to get the same.

I posted them above, but they are:

9:50 RnRC
10:55 ToT
12:00 Star Tours

excellent, it's in the calendar. :)

:thumbsup2

I didn't know they were going to be there too! How did I miss this????? I'd love to meet them :)

Hopefully Thursday!

Enjoyed reading about your random June trips. Pinocchio and Gipetto are too cute! We had to watch that movie when we got home, as well as Toad's movie since the rides were a bit lost on mom even though she enjoyed them. It had been a while since I saw them as well so it was good.

I don't think I've ever seen Toad's movie.

20 minute wait for Guardians, too cool.

Yeah, but by the time I got off it was up to 70 minutes and it was still EMH.

I'm glad you scored a Flight of Passage FP. I just rode that last weekend for the first time and it's gorgeous.

We still have to see Avatar.

I had to read the Cast Miners entrance three times, my brain kept reading 'members'. Great detail.

It was cute.

That special dessert looks impressive. What's the white stuff in the cup? Ice cream?

It was some sort of orange Ice Cream. It wasn't quite as special as they were making it out, but I had to try it.

You both look great dressed up for the swanky night :)

Thanks!

The band looked like great fun.

They were. :)

:cool1: I don't know how I missed you'd be there too. This is perfect :)

I like to keep a low profile about my upcoming trips... :rolleyes1

Yes, she does, but it was at her urging that I booked this trip before everything was all booked up. At the time I booked SSR was the only resort left.

Of course, otherwise I'd be back at you even harder! :)

eep!

I figured you guys would listen...

No it wasn't. And I had no idea how we were going to rig up the lift to get home. Leonard is a genius!

Glad he was there to help! :)

No, he doesn't get like that. He accepts our Disney addiction, but like this past season we played "When you Wish Upon a Star", "Raider's March" and Fran and I suggested that we do "Under the Sea" as an encore. The theme of the concert was Vintage Pops and we played Tara's Theme from Gone with the Wind, a medley from The Godfather Trilogy, Theme from Exodus, Theme from Magnificent Seven, a medley called "That's Entertainment", there were more but I can't remember them offhand.

Man! That sounds awesome! I would've loved to have hear that!

Anyways, we just brought Under the Sea to rehearsal (without asking first) and he rolled his eyes, "More Disney?"

Ah.

We convinced him to let the band read it and see what he thought. When the band finished playing, he asked, "Do you guys really like this and want to play it?" and just about the entire band yelled back, "Yes."

:laughing: Bet he was mortified.

When Frozen came out and Fran and I insisted that it would be a hit to play a Medley at our concerts, he kept coming up with parodies and posting them to the band Facebook page. "Do you want to hide a body?" I don't remember any others, but there were a ton. If you could get past his distaste for Disney, I have a feeling you and he would get along well. He does have a very morbid and dark sense of humor.

I have a dark and morbid sense of humour???

Yes you did witness the unloading process.

::yes::

That's funny that you say that it is a lot of work. I am always telling people how easy it is to load and unload and that it's so compact you can fit the scooter in the trunk of a sedan!

When we were in Denver, @jedijill became quite adept at ut

I stand by what I said.
When I go somewhere, I generally step out of the car, lock it and walk away.
It doesn't involve lifting/lowering gates and/or extricating parts from the back and putting them together.

Well, they were a little bit overboard in the years right after it happened. I think they have achieved a balance now.

I will defer to your knowledge on this.

I might have said something a tad bit more harsh... :rolleyes1

Sure. Like... poop.

You're missing your chance by four days. :rolleyes1

Definitely because there were no bells involved.

Or whistles.

No we put it on Craigslist as "FREE Metal for Recycling". We have another one in the garage at the old house.

That bad, huh? Too scraped to fix?

Seen your share of fires.

Ruby and I were forced to separate because of one.
She had to join the rest of the town in the evacuation while I and a few others had to stay as essential services. It was one of the busiest I've ever been at work.

Actually you're thinking about the Northern California Wine Country fires. They started about the same time as the ones down here. I didn't find out about them until that evening until I watched the evening news. There was no loss of life in the fire down here, only property. I heard that the death count is up to 35 up there, as of this morning. One story said that they were identifying bodies with serial numbers of medical devices. Just awful.

No, I was just mixing them both.
I knew that it was two fires, but talked about them both as one. Sorry about that.

That is so sad :(

Still nothing.

Ugh

Spaghetti
Sauce
Peanut Butter
Mayo
Coffee
Cereal

Filters for coffee?

Was it Garden Grocer? The last time I used them, they left out a head of lettuce from my order. Hard to make salad without it.

I went back and checked that journal and it was actually wegoshop.com. Ridiculous about the lettuce, you’d think they’d triple check things before delivering...

If you come Thursday, you can rest for Friday.

I’ll be there :)

I posted them above, but they are:

9:50 RnRC
10:55 ToT
12:00 Star Tours

I will go and try to get matching ones now.

I don't think I've ever seen Toad's movie.

It’s worthy I think. He’s a crazy dude.

Yeah, but by the time I got off it was up to 70 minutes and it was still EMH.

Wowza!

We still have to see Avatar.

You’ll appreciate the ride more if you see it but its an awesome ride on its own.

It was some sort of orange Ice Cream. It wasn't quite as special as they were making it out, but I had to try it.

Too bad it wasn’t the most amazing dessert of all time.

Yes, she does, but it was at her urging that I booked this trip before everything was all booked up. At the time I booked SSR was the only resort left.

SSR has grown on me over the years, and the proximity to Disney Springs is really awesome.

I was able to get FPs but not exactly. RnRC I got at 9:50, ToT 11:20, and ST 12:35. I’ll try to move them if things open up but they overlap.

That sounded like a bit of a nightmare with the scooter and the lift on the day you had your concert. I am glad that Fran managed to fix the scooter and that the lift could be secured enough to get you home.

Yeah, part of the day sucked, but other parts of it were fun. Bizarre sort of day.

The plans for the upcoming trip look great.

And it's single digits tomorrow!

The visits to Disneyland all look wonderful. I do miss this place so much. Hopefully I will be back for a short visit next year.

Can't wait to hear details!

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Ya think?

But I can tell you right now, that cat is a better driver than at least 10% of the people in the parks who drive a scooter!

Makes sense. I have a co-worker who's grandmother went on a trip to Arizona a few years ago with her significant other. She had a scooter on a lift like that. All she knows is that the scooter disappeared somewhere in Arkansas, never to be seen again.

Wow! I am always afraid of that!

That's some dedication to the arts!

No, just the spirit of a performer. It takes a pretty major disaster to keep band geeks from playing.

I just can't even imagine. Wow. Mad skills.

Just part of every day life for us.

Yeah, I've seen some of that. Scary stuff. I didn't know how close the actual fires were. Most of what I'd been hearing about, I thought it was more northern California. I hope you see some rain soon!

Northern California has had it much worse, but that doesn't make it any less devastating for those who have had to evacuate or lost their homes down here.

Because you can.

Quite a hike for a non ride.

Yeah, but I was ready to relax a bit rather than get my adrenaline going.

::yes:: As you always seem to do.

:thumbsup2

Doesn't look too bad. At least from your vantage point. I can't imagine how it looked from the back of the line.

I thought I had a pretty good spot! But yeah those people behind me may have even had to wait in the queue. As it was I even let people pass me so I could take pictures.

Yes! I knew we'd see some John McClane stuff in one of these TRs eventually!

:lmao: Had to Google, but yeah...love him!

Well, unlike this supposed exploding helicopter, at least you have photographic evidence of this one. :rolleyes1

I can't believe we miss you by two days! :crazy2: Maybe we'll see @Dis_Yoda though!

I know what a bummer!

But the cat looks so comfortable there.

He does look rather comfy. I'm sure that would change once the engine started.

Seems reasonable.

She usually is.

Hey, cool! Imagineering at work!

Gee, you think? :rotfl2::rotfl:

::yes:: :drinking:

Yeah, that...would not be good.

Exploding scooters?

That looks awful. Seems like every year there are so many wildfires in California. I'm starting to be surprised there are still parts that haven't burned up yet!

And some burn year after year.

Yuck! Stay safe, and I hope you guys get some rain to deal with this soon (preferably not the kind that brings mudslides, though).

I doubt we'll see rain for another month or more.

You'll have to fill a lot of time. Good luck finding stuff to do at Disney World. :rotfl:

I know!

::yes:: Sounds awesome!

It was!

Well...I guess bacon does make everything better.

Even asparagus!

:faint:

Does it also clean your teeth and protect you from cancer for 6 months?

Very spiffy!

Thank you! :thumbsup2

I know exactly what you mean.

I guess I see why the have to do it because it fills in so quickly.

Yes, in fact now I'm more excited to read!

:rolleyes1

Yeah, it all seems...off.

I probably wouldn't get it again.

Because it is!

Well, I don't see any exploding helicopters. But at least we had sparks from the lift malfunction.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the exploding helicopters would have fit in.

Cute kitties!

Pics with your parents are adorable!

Thanks!

Holy you-know-what about the scooter lift and fires!

And I didn't even post about what our little kitten went through starting Tuesday night. We have had quite a week!

Love your formal pic!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Glad he was there to help! :)

Me too, I had no idea how we were going to get out of that situation!

Man! That sounds awesome! I would've loved to have hear that!

A week from today we have another one. It's about Space and such, the title is Inter-Gay-lactic.

:laughing: Bet he was mortified.

Not so much mortified, but he may be starting to realize what a minority he is in with his despise of Disney.

I have a dark and morbid sense of humour???

No, I would classify your sense of humor more in the "Twisted" category. But you could have an appreciation for his warped sense of humor. Then again he occasionally pisses off just about everyone with his callous Facebook posts. But like "Family Guy", he is an equal opportunity offender.

I stand by what I said.
When I go somewhere, I generally step out of the car, lock it and walk away.

You have been lucky enough not to be around persons with disabilities most of the time. I am always amazed when I am with people who don't have disabilities, and we just grab our purses, backpacks, etc and start walking away from the vehicle. Usually they are walking much faster than me and I get winded trying to keep up. Ever since her mom fell and broke her femur (or was it her pelvis?) in 2004, I have been a medical transport service for friends and relatives. I wonder if this why Fran and I don't get invited out with friends for dinner or drinks (with the exception of folks here) as we are regarded as too high of maintenance.

It doesn't involve lifting/lowering gates and/or extricating parts from the back and putting them together.

That's involved in pretty much anywhere I go that isn't me, solo, like at the grocery store, post office, or medical professional. Pretty much anywhere else I go involves a whole lot of schleppage, including Tuesday night band.

Sure. Like... poop.

more like wild animalistic love making....

That bad, huh? Too scraped to fix?

It wasn't the scraped part. I'm sure that would have been OK. It was more the fact that one of the gears inside the lift mechanism somehow gave way and caused the whole thing to drop to the ground. Even if it was repairable with another brand new one in the garage, I wouldn't trust the old one ever again.

Ruby and I were forced to separate because of one.
She had to join the rest of the town in the evacuation while I and a few others had to stay as essential services. It was one of the busiest I've ever been at work.

I assume that was the story about losing your hot dog in the helicopter.....

No, I was just mixing them both.
I knew that it was two fires, but talked about them both as one. Sorry about that.

That's OK, sometimes people don't get how big California is....or Arizona for that matter based on some of the answers you got on your "we stopped at a tourist trap" question. :rolleyes1 But I wasn't going to say anything over there...heck even the California girl didn't realize that it was three hours to the Grand Canyon from Arizona. I've made that drive, in a bus....one time, on band tour.....

That is so sad :(

It is and the death toll just keeps rising.

Filters for coffee?

In my owner's locker. :)

I went back and checked that journal and it was actually wegoshop.com. Ridiculous about the lettuce, you’d think they’d triple check things before delivering...

Really, how long ago was it? They changed ownership a while back somewhere around '12 or '13. I think I had one delivery service with the old owner and then the current one took over. It was May of '11 the last time I used Garden Grocer. That was the time period where we had all those cancelled trips because of Fran's venous ulcers. Our next trip was in Jan of 2013 and I think that was the first time we used WeGoShop. After that the ownership changed.

I’ll be there :)

Cool! We can work out timing and such as it gets closer!

I will go and try to get matching ones now.

I was able to get FPs but not exactly. RnRC I got at 9:50, ToT 11:20, and ST 12:35. I’ll try to move them if things open up but they overlap.

That's close enough. I also have two of each FP because I make them for both Fran and I and she never rides them.

It’s worthy I think. He’s a crazy dude.

I'll put it on the list.

You’ll appreciate the ride more if you see it but its an awesome ride on its own.

I plan on watching it, if nothing else one night in the room!

Too bad it wasn’t the most amazing dessert of all time.

I'll tell you though, in the next update, there is one that was pretty close!

SSR has grown on me over the years, and the proximity to Disney Springs is really awesome.

Yeah, I did like that the last time we stayed there. I guess it was just the once after our Dream Cruise because according to my pictures since then we stayed at VWL and Poly Bungalows with Jim and Alberto, and then BCV for F&W last year, then BWV after the cruise in Feb/Mar. It will be nice to be back. I have a lot of evenings with no plans so we will either go to F&W or Disney Springs and try some QS.

Me too, I had no idea how we were going to get out of that situation!

Good thing, then, for sure!

A week from today we have another one. It's about Space and such, the title is Inter-Gay-lactic.

:laughing: Love that!
But it makes sense.
Gender-neutral... sorry, neutron stars, Bi-nary star systems...

No, I would classify your sense of humor more in the "Twisted" category.

Really!!!

I never thought of myself that way.

Huh!
Never knew I came off that way.

But you could have an appreciation for his warped sense of humor. Then again he occasionally pisses off just about everyone with his callous Facebook posts. But like "Family Guy", he is an equal opportunity offender.

Oh, dear. You're comparing him to me....

You have been lucky enough not to be around persons with disabilities most of the time. I am always amazed when I am with people who don't have disabilities, and we just grab our purses, backpacks, etc and start walking away from the vehicle. Usually they are walking much faster than me and I get winded trying to keep up.

I would never do that to you. I hope you know that.

Ever since her mom fell and broke her femur (or was it her pelvis?) in 2004, I have been a medical transport service for friends and relatives. I wonder if this why Fran and I don't get invited out with friends for dinner or drinks (with the exception of folks here) as we are regarded as too high of maintenance.

That's horrid. You come on up here and you come for supper!

That's involved in pretty much anywhere I go that isn't me, solo, like at the grocery store, post office, or medical professional. Pretty much anywhere else I go involves a whole lot of schleppage, including Tuesday night band.

You're making my point for me.

more like wild animalistic love making....

Alison!! :lmao:

It wasn't the scraped part. I'm sure that would have been OK. It was more the fact that one of the gears inside the lift mechanism somehow gave way and caused the whole thing to drop to the ground. Even if it was repairable with another brand new one in the garage, I wouldn't trust the old one ever again.

Ohhhh.... okay. Got it.

I assume that was the story about losing your hot dog in the helicopter.....

Float plane. But yes. good memory!

That's OK, sometimes people don't get how big California is....or Arizona for that matter based on some of the answers you got on your "we stopped at a tourist trap" question. :rolleyes1 But I wasn't going to say anything over there...heck even the California girl didn't realize that it was three hours to the Grand Canyon from Arizona. I've made that drive, in a bus....one time, on band tour.....

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!